Author Topic: Slowly getting addicted to Twitter/X  (Read 919 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Slowly getting addicted to Twitter/X
« on: January 09, 2024, 05:47:02 PM »
It like swimming in big ocean. So many people; so many arguments; at least facebook it more friends and families; X is just arguments and politics.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: Slowly getting addicted to Twitter/X
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2024, 06:57:23 PM »
X is called the global town-hall. Musk bought it to build AI from the live data.

You can customize your feed using LISTS. Otherwise you have to keep muting or blocking bots and trolls.

Musk did abit of cleanup by blocking off-line access.  You need to login to access or scrape any data. Then you need to subscribe premium 1$ per year to send DM to strangers.

Even google crawler cannot just scrape X now.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2024, 11:40:39 PM »
Interesting.  I am gradually moving away from it.  Elon has turned it into a MAGA-moron paradise(if you mostly tune in to the US trends).  threads is gradually picking up, but it's a different setup that will take some getting used to.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2024, 02:17:25 AM »
?t=1pscARqcARi3LbXrAu4A1A&s=19
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2024, 02:27:56 AM »
Interesting.  I am gradually moving away from it.  Elon has turned it into a MAGA-moron paradise(if you mostly tune in to the US trends).  threads is gradually picking up, but it's a different setup that will take some getting used to.

I haven't decided yet if it is better with Musk. Dorsey had stagnated but Musk has rough edges. He is a conservative claiming to be independent. I have always seen his strength as product designer, able to turn vision into dollars.

But building a super-app at WeChat level is no joke. Going by his random spouting he is taking on OpenAI, TikTok, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google Pay all in one stroke.

Offline audacityofhope

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2024, 04:26:35 PM »

I haven't decided yet if it is better with Musk. Dorsey had stagnated but Musk has rough edges. He is a conservative claiming to be independent. I have always seen his strength as product designer, able to turn vision into dollars.

But building a super-app at WeChat level is no joke. Going by his random spouting he is taking on OpenAI, TikTok, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google Pay all in one stroke.
Musk building what? Musk is just a businessman who runs companies well, not like late Steve Jobs. Twitter was build by an MBA class at our college around about 2009/10 as final project or what we called in It - Practicum. The MBA class came to our IT school of the same University where to recruit software developers. During Obama's presidency, startup really did well.
Musk just happened to have the money (from investors of course) in recent when Twitter needed a sustainable model. Musk says he overpaid for it. $44B yet a valuer found it worth only $19B

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2024, 11:09:53 AM »

Musk building what? Musk is just a businessman who runs companies well, not like late Steve Jobs. Twitter was build by an MBA class at our college around about 2009/10 as final project or what we called in It - Practicum. The MBA class came to our IT school of the same University where to recruit software developers. During Obama's presidency, startup really did well.
Musk just happened to have the money (from investors of course) in recent when Twitter needed a sustainable model. Musk says he overpaid for it. $44B yet a valuer found it worth only $19B

Musk is exactly Steve Jobs: a legendary PRODUCT DESIGNER. He has high motivation and star power which he uses to attract capital, talent and customers.

Obviously he does not personally build rockets or cars but marshalls hordes of rock-star engineers to do that. You meet SpaceX or Tesla engineers - they are exhausted but addicted to the gigs  :)

Musk fanbase - groupies - are hooked to him like fentanyl. There are independent blogs and Twitter handles, FB and WhatsApp groups - dedicated to spreading Musk gospel for free e.g. teslarati.com

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2024, 11:11:00 AM »
No Nefertiti is not a Musk groupie I am only excited by any great talent

teslarati.com
facebook.com/groups/teslaworldwide
instagram.com/teslamotorsclub
meetup.com/tesla-chicago
twitter.com/TeslaMotorsClub
teslaownersclubs.eu
teslaowners.org.au
ontario.teslaownersclub.ca
teslaownersonline.com

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2024, 03:06:45 AM »

I finally quit(softly) twitter.  I have gone a week without checking it.  It was better under Jack Dorsey.  Elon is a white nationalist.  Twitter is now their platform of choice.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2024, 05:45:29 PM »
Still hooked to it. You got select who to follow