Author Topic: Unrepentant Moses Kuria to face trial over hate speech  (Read 1950 times)

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Unrepentant Moses Kuria to face trial over hate speech
« on: January 16, 2015, 02:51:47 PM »
Like I said, Moses Kuria cannot stop hate. No sooner was he out than he repeated the hate.
The hate speech case against Gatundu South MP Moses Kuria will proceed to trial following the collapse of out-of-court settlement.

The National Cohesion and Integration Commission, one of the complainants, accused Kuria of failing to show remorse.

"While the commission believes that the accused is innocent until proven guilty as well as freedom of expression as guaranteed under Article 33 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, the Commission regretfully observed that the honourable Kurai has not exhibited a conciliatory demeanour in his social media accounts.

"While the conciliation process has been in progress, Kuria has continued to post material on his social media accounts that in the opinion of the commission may cause disharmony and are in contradiction of the spirit of conciliation," NCIC chairman Francis ole Kaparo said.

In a statement red to the press on Friday, Kaparo said Kuria's fate now lies with the court.

NCIC recommended that the court, through the Director of Public Prosecutions, pursue the case fully.

"The only logical thing to do is for us to withdraw and let the court continue with the case to the logical conclusion," Kaparo said.

A spot check on Kuria's Facebook account by the Star showed that Bible verse Genesis 17:14 was his last post.

NCIC alleged that the additional inflammatory posts had been deleted.

Kaparo revealed that it was the NCIC that pursued the case of 22-year-old Moi University student Allan Wadi who was sentenced to two years in prison for hate speech and undermining authority.

The manner in which Wadi's case was handled has been the subject of public debate, many accusing NCIC of partiality.

Kaparo was unwilling to answer questions on why it was handled like Kuria's.
- See more at: http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/moses-kuria-face-trial-over-hate-speech-after-out-court-settlement-fails-ncic-now-says#sthash.e0RsWyeV.dpuf
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
Re: Unrepentant Moses Kuria to face trial over hate speech
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 04:50:53 PM »
There will be no trial.   This is not a Wadi to be quickly arrested and jailed.  They will dance around until the matter is forgotten.   
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 06:35:14 PM »
The man is embarassing Kaparo and his other handlers.  Think inviting a pig with lipstick to a state dinner.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 07:07:00 PM »
What the Uhuru crowd is not aware of is that with every trick they are setting precedents. These will in future be use against them with devastating results. I read how they did the same under Jomo Kenyatta and then as they prepared the way for President for Life (they actually hurried to beat Kamuzu Banda to it), Kenyatta died leaving all that power in the hands of Moi.

I have always held that any dog would have kept the Kenyan presidency for life with the kind of powers that Njonjo had accumulated for Kenyatta. It is Moi himself who set about ruining it for himself. He could easily have kept Mulinge at par with the Commissioner of Police - just as Kenyatta had done.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread