Author Topic: Trinity Doctrine  (Read 16899 times)

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Trinity Doctrine
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2015, 03:47:44 PM »
PS: Your hesitation to share your beliefs and to instead obsess with Catholicism reeks of fear or ignorance or BOTH

When did you last share your beliefs? I have asked you over and over which sect you belong to and you have gone mum. I have clearly shared the Adventist beliefs I agree with. What are you, what do you believe and what are you reeking of?
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2015, 03:50:54 PM »

I don't belong to no sect, can it be clearer than that?
Unthaw your brains Nuff Sed

Does Adventism teach trinity?
Did EGW teach/subscribe to it?
What strain of Adventism do you subscribe to?
When did you last share your beliefs? I have asked you over and over which sect you belong to and you have gone mum. I have clearly identified myself as Adventist. What are you, what do you believe and what are you reeking of?
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2015, 03:53:14 PM »
So your church is not a sect? Why or why not? Why are you hesitant to share your faith? Is it out of fear of EG White, ignorance, ad hominem or all of the above? 

I don't belong to no sect, can it be clearer than that?
Unthaw your brains Nuff Sed

Does Adventism teach trinity?
Did EGW teach/subscribe to it?
What strain of Adventism do you subscribe to?
When did you last share your beliefs? I have asked you over and over which sect you belong to and you have gone mum. I have clearly identified myself as Adventist. What are you, what do you believe and what are you reeking of?
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2015, 04:01:05 PM »
You are digressing.
What 'faith' do you want me to share?
Answer my questions
1. Is Jesus God
2. Does Adventism teach Trinity?
3. Did EGW teach trinity?

So your church is not a sect? Why or why not? Why are you hesitant to share your faith? Is it out of fear of EG White, ignorance, ad hominem or all of the above? 
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2015, 04:06:20 PM »
The question is very specific. You have faithfully avoided to tell us what sect you belong to. What is your church?

You are digressing.
What 'faith' do you want me to share?
Answer my questions
1. Is Jesus God
2. Does Adventism teach Trinity?
3. Did EGW teach trinity?

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2015, 04:09:55 PM »
I don't have a church/sect.
If you did an intelligent job of defending Adventism, I may just consider joining you. But alas, you are worse than EGW; you don't even understand your faith. This is the bne of negroes; they are shallow
The question is very specific. You have faithfully avoided to tell us what sect you belong to. What is your church?

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2015, 04:12:14 PM »
I don't defend Adventism or anybody for that matter. As you can see, I share with Adventists many beliefs but also read the Bible for myself to see what is true. You would be welcome to join a church. Do not fear to tell us what sect you belong to. Some of us are not obsessed with personalities like you are with EGWhite so we will not attack you like demon-possessed obssessionists. Before you join a church, leave ad hominem at the door and be washed as white as snow.

I don't have a church/sect.
If you did an intelligent job of defending Adventism, I may just consider joining you. But alas, you are worse than EGW; you don't even understand your faith

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2015, 04:20:01 PM »

Do you believe Ellen White and her writings so Christened 'spirit of prophecy' is INSPIRED?
I don't defend Adventism or anybody for that matter. As you can see, I share with Adventists many beliefs but also read the Bible for myself to see what is true. You would be welcome to join a church. Do not fear to tell us what sect you belong to. Some of us are not obsessed with personalities like you are with EGWhite so we will not attack you like demon-possessed obssessionists. Before you join a church, leave ad hominem at the door and be washed as white as snow.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2015, 04:33:54 PM »
The Gift of Prophecy
One of the gifts of the Holy Spirit is prophecy. This gift is an identifying mark of the remnant church and was manifested in the ministry of Ellen G. White. As the Lord's messenger, her writings are a continuing and authoritative source of truth which provide for the church comfort, guidance, instruction, and correction. They also make clear that the Bible is the standard by which all teaching and experience must be tested. (Joel 2:28, 29; Acts 2:14-21; Heb. 1:1-3; Rev. 12:17; 19:10.)"

The following affirmations and denials speak to the issues that have been raised about the inspiration and authority of the Ellen White writings and their relation to the Bible. These clarifications are an attempt to express the present under standing of Seventh-day Adventists. They are not to be construed as a substitute for, or a part of, the two doctrinal statements quoted above.

Affirmations
1. We believe that Scripture is the divinely revealed Word of God and is inspired by the Holy Spirit.

2. We believe that the canon of Scripture is composed only of the sixty-six books of the Old and New Testaments.

3. We believe that Scripture is the foundation of faith and the final authority in all matters of doctrine and practice.

4. We believe that Scripture is the Word of God in human language.

5. We believe that Scripture teaches that the gift of prophecy will be manifest in the Christian church after New Testament times.

6. We believe that the ministry and writings of Ellen White were a manifestation of the gift of prophecy.

7. We believe that Ellen White was inspired by the Holy Spirit and that her writings, the product of that inspiration, are particularly applicable and authoritative to Seventh-day Adventists.

8. We believe that the purposes of the Ellen White writings include guidance in understanding the teaching of Scripture and application of these teachings with prophetic urgency to the spiritual and moral life.

9. We believe that the acceptance of the prophetic gift of Ellen White, while not a requirement for continuing church membership, is important to the nurture and unity of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

10. We believe that Ellen White's use of literary sources and assistants finds parallels in some of the writings of the Bible.

Denials
1. We do not believe that the quality or degree of inspiration in the writings of Ellen White is different from that of Scripture.

2. We do not believe that the writings of Ellen White serve the same purpose as does Scripture, which is the sole foundation and final authority of Christian faith.

3. We do not believe that the writings of Ellen White are an addition to the canon of sacred Scripture.

4. We do not believe that the writings of Ellen White may be used as the basis of doctrine.

5. We do not believe that the study of the writings of Ellen White may be used to replace the study of Scripture.

6. We do not believe that Scripture can be understood only through the writings of Ellen White.

7. We do not believe that the writings of Ellen White exhaust the meaning of Scripture.

8. We do not believe that the writings of Ellen White are essential for the proclamation of the truths of Scripture to society at large.

9. We do not believe that the inspired writings of Ellen White are merely the product of Christian piety.

10. We do not believe that Ellen White's use of literary sources and assist ants negates the inspiration of her writings.

We conclude, therefore, that a correct understanding of the inspiration and authority of the writings of Ellen White will avoid two extremes: (1) regarding these writings as functioning on a canonical level identical with Scripture, or (2) considering them as ordinary Christian literature.

https://www.ministrymagazine.org/archive/1982/08/the-inspiration-and-authority-of-the-ellen-g.-white-writings

Do you believe Ellen White and her writings so Christened 'spirit of prophecy' is INSPIRED?

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2015, 05:03:56 PM »
Did EGW teach/believe in Trinity?
http://www.whiteestate.org/issues/The-Trinity.pdf

The Gift of Prophecy
One of the gifts of the Holy Spirit is prophecy. This gift is an identifying mark of the remnant church and was manifested in the ministry of Ellen G. White. As the Lord's messenger, her writings are a continuing and authoritative source of truth which provide for the church comfort, guidance, instruction, and correction. They also make clear that the Bible is the standard by which all teaching and experience must be tested. (Joel 2:28, 29; Acts 2:14-21; Heb. 1:1-3; Rev. 12:17; 19:10.)"

The following affirmations and denials speak to the issues that have been raised about the inspiration and authority of the Ellen White writings and their relation to the Bible. These clarifications are an attempt to express the present under standing of Seventh-day Adventists. They are not to be construed as a substitute for, or a part of, the two doctrinal statements quoted above.

Affirmations
1. We believe that Scripture is the divinely revealed Word of God and is inspired by the Holy Spirit.

2. We believe that the canon of Scripture is composed only of the sixty-six books of the Old and New Testaments.

3. We believe that Scripture is the foundation of faith and the final authority in all matters of doctrine and practice.

4. We believe that Scripture is the Word of God in human language.

5. We believe that Scripture teaches that the gift of prophecy will be manifest in the Christian church after New Testament times.

6. We believe that the ministry and writings of Ellen White were a manifestation of the gift of prophecy.

7. We believe that Ellen White was inspired by the Holy Spirit and that her writings, the product of that inspiration, are particularly applicable and authoritative to Seventh-day Adventists.

8. We believe that the purposes of the Ellen White writings include guidance in understanding the teaching of Scripture and application of these teachings with prophetic urgency to the spiritual and moral life.

9. We believe that the acceptance of the prophetic gift of Ellen White, while not a requirement for continuing church membership, is important to the nurture and unity of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

10. We believe that Ellen White's use of literary sources and assistants finds parallels in some of the writings of the Bible.

Denials
1. We do not believe that the quality or degree of inspiration in the writings of Ellen White is different from that of Scripture.

2. We do not believe that the writings of Ellen White serve the same purpose as does Scripture, which is the sole foundation and final authority of Christian faith.

3. We do not believe that the writings of Ellen White are an addition to the canon of sacred Scripture.

4. We do not believe that the writings of Ellen White may be used as the basis of doctrine.

5. We do not believe that the study of the writings of Ellen White may be used to replace the study of Scripture.

6. We do not believe that Scripture can be understood only through the writings of Ellen White.

7. We do not believe that the writings of Ellen White exhaust the meaning of Scripture.

8. We do not believe that the writings of Ellen White are essential for the proclamation of the truths of Scripture to society at large.

9. We do not believe that the inspired writings of Ellen White are merely the product of Christian piety.

10. We do not believe that Ellen White's use of literary sources and assist ants negates the inspiration of her writings.

We conclude, therefore, that a correct understanding of the inspiration and authority of the writings of Ellen White will avoid two extremes: (1) regarding these writings as functioning on a canonical level identical with Scripture, or (2) considering them as ordinary Christian literature.

https://www.ministrymagazine.org/archive/1982/08/the-inspiration-and-authority-of-the-ellen-g.-white-writings

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2015, 02:58:06 PM »
The trinity came to Christianity by the way of the sword and not by the word of God. I could cite Adventist sources showing the route it followed, but to satisfy the anti-Adventist crowd, I'll post a different source.

http://www.ucg.org/bible-study-tools/booklets/is-god-a-trinity/the-surprising-origins-of-the-trinity-doctrine

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2015, 03:19:43 PM »
Adventists can barely agree among themselves if they are trinitarian or not

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2015, 03:35:03 PM »

The issue is not whether Adventists agree among themselves or not. What can be established is that the doctrine of the trinity is not supported in the Bible but came by way of the sword.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2015, 04:36:00 PM »

The issue is not whether Adventists agree among themselves or not. What can be established is that the doctrine of the trinity is not supported in the Bible but came by way of the sword.
The issue is what brand of an Adventist you are. What oother Adventist garbage don't you believe in?

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2015, 04:41:14 PM »
Repent and leave ad hominem alone. I don't believe in the trinity doctrine because it is unbiblical. That has little to do with Adventist brands or seeing everywhere the ghost of a woman who died 100 years ago. Do you believe in the trinity and on what basis?

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2015, 04:58:46 PM »
Repent and leave ad hominem alone. I don't believe in the trinity doctrine because it is unbiblical. That has little to do with Adventist brands or seeing everywhere the ghost of a woman who died 100 years ago. Do you believe in the trinity and on what basis?
So the official Adventist position is garbage. And you are Adventist.

What part of Trinity do you find unbiblical?

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2015, 07:42:01 PM »
Hello Daily Bread,
I have quoted SDA official position on Holy Trinity and you insist they are unbiblical and the most important thing is what the bible says. What about Ellen White? Did your own prophetess believe in unbiblical stuff?
sin could be resisted and overcome only through the mighty agency of the Third Person of the Godhead, who would come with no modified energy, but in the fullness of divine power
Desire of Ages p. 671,1898

Look at this letter titled To My Brethren in America from Australia dated 6th February 1896 if the statement is not clear enough
Evil had been accumulating for centuries, and could only be restrained and resisted by the mighty power of the Holy Spirit, the third person of the Godhead, who would come with no modified energy, but in the fulness of divine power.
Question is, who is the FIRST and SECOND Person of the Godhead?

Read more about your prophet's trinitarian views here before you respond. And I must confess it is a bit tiresome educating you on your sect