Author Topic: Let's see if Warren Buffett will deviate from Charlie Munger  (Read 3246 times)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Let's see if Warren Buffett will deviate from Charlie Munger
« on: November 30, 2023, 10:38:33 PM »
I know this is above Pundit and Noway paygrade since their knowledge is limited to Ruto.

Charlie Munger, Berkshire Hathaway vice chairman and Warren Buffett's right hand man is dead at 99. It has always been gossipped that Munger was behind most of the picks in the Berkshire portfolio - such as BYD, Nvidia, Apple, Wells Fargo, Alibaba. He spurned Bitcoin and even SpaceX.

Let us see if Buffett will make some moves now that his wingman is kaput. He has recently been dumping some like Costco at 40X gain.

"I would prefer to hire someone with IQ of 130 who believes is 120, over someone with IQ of 150 who thinks is 170." ~ Charlie Munger referring to Elon Musk
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
Re: Let's see if Warren Buffett will deviate from Charlie Munger
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2023, 03:56:00 AM »
What makes you think he would do that?
Whatever model they've used all these years has worked well.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2023, 07:21:04 PM »
Robina you're gullible to think a 99 year old probably in diapers can pick winning stocks. Even Warren at this point is a brand but the actual Warren is a shell of what he was. Even the best brains can't escape the ravages of old age

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2023, 10:04:23 PM »
What makes you think he would do that?
Whatever model they've used all these years has worked well.

Charlie had become senile and Warren has been selling Charlie's golden age picks like Costco. Buffett dumped them at 40X gain but Charlie has died with his personal Costco holding intact.

Warren and Charlie didn't agree on everything - in fact had quite a few differences. Like rejecting crypto, SpaceX, Tesla - Musk stuff - was classic Charlie who thought Musk is a lucky charlatan. It how Berkshire went with BYD instead which is working out very well.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2023, 10:07:03 PM »
Robina you're gullible to think a 99 year old probably in diapers can pick winning stocks. Even Warren at this point is a brand but the actual Warren is a shell of what he was. Even the best brains can't escape the ravages of old age

Imminent changes in strategy will tell us this. Their proteges would follow them over the cliff so obviously they are running on the same learned philosophies. Don't be surprised if Berkshire suddenly buys SpaceX.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2023, 10:21:25 PM »
I advised Plato to buy Bitcoin some years back. I am sure the broke fool is struggling with dire christmas

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2023, 11:42:34 PM »
Not a stock guru like Buffet, but when you are wealthy with even 200K on your portfolio, you can hire stock experts to pick winning tickers for you, not those idiots running private discord services. Rest in Peace, Munger. I relate well with folks that breath, invest, trade, and talk stocks all day! Those interested Monitor new ticker/IPO GSIW. 4 was ideal entry zone but likely to hit 20+ before fading like usual until another spike!
The future belongs to those who have a quarter of the character and integrity of RV Heavy Hitter!

Offline Stockguru

• Mega superstar
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2023, 12:16:00 AM »
I advised Plato to buy Bitcoin some years back. I am sure the broke fool is struggling with dire christmas

This is still a ponzi scheme for fools. I am a billionaire, I do not need to trade such schemes to earn a living. Pesa Otas mama

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2023, 09:28:06 AM »

This is still a ponzi scheme for fools. I am a billionaire, I do not need to trade such schemes to earn a living. Pesa Otas mama

If you were half as bright as you think you are you would buy Dogecoin. For pennies before it rises ala Bitcoin.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2023, 10:09:00 AM »
Not a stock guru like Buffet, but when you are wealthy with even 200K on your portfolio, you can hire stock experts to pick winning tickers for you, not those idiots running private discord services. Rest in Peace, Munger. I relate well with folks that breath, invest, trade, and talk stocks all day! Those interested Monitor new ticker/IPO GSIW. 4 was ideal entry zone but likely to hit 20+ before fading like usual until another spike!

Brokers will give you AVERAGE return - common sense. If you have the gray cells that's punching way below your weight.

Without the Buffett or BlackRock muscle to go for SpaceX - crypto penny stocks are a great equalizer. Provided you know what you are doing.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2023, 10:17:47 AM »
BlackRock - the "top" fund globally - has dismal 12% ROI. Compare to Bitcoin 4.5K% - 145% average annual growth since 2009.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2023, 10:49:32 AM »
I pass these kind of things and dont regret.
I only do real estates - plant trees - and now seedlings.
I dont want a life controlled by share prices or crypto prices.

And I dont think you can beat the market.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2023, 06:46:57 PM »
BlackRock - the "top" fund globally - has dismal 12% ROI. Compare to Bitcoin 4.5K% - 145% average annual growth since 2009.

Consider someone who bought BTC at 60k and then it collapsed to 20. THat is a significant loss.

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2023, 08:39:47 PM »
I pass these kind of things and dont regret.
I only do real estates - plant trees - and now seedlings.
I dont want a life controlled by share prices or crypto prices.

And I dont think you can beat the market.
Market is easily beatable if you keep it to minute/hour trading. I buy stocks when spiking usually under 15 minutes and sell. I 'd say under 90 minutes 80-95% of the time. Long-term investors get taken to dry cleaners over time, but they can make it big if they have insider insights like the big boys. Otherwise 90% of people get gobbled by market!
Real Estate there is no money, it is like long term holding. With many shares when stock is squeezing and out under 30 minutes, you are way better off!
The future belongs to those who have a quarter of the character and integrity of RV Heavy Hitter!

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2023, 03:42:37 AM »

Consider someone who bought BTC at 60k and then it collapsed to 20. THat is a significant loss.

Early 2017 it was <1k USD. It's too late now obviously. Dogecoin is good now

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2023, 04:43:18 AM »
98% of those messing with Bitcoin on the retail side have lost serious money. The market is skewed heavily towards the rich and the well-connected (Faceless billionaires and their algorithms). Regular small, mid, and large-cap stocks are still up for grabs with skilled traders who have been in the game for at least 2+ years. You must get wiped out first or twice to learn how the stock market works!
In our group, we are trading with the Indian Lady who wanted to become a millionaire when penny stock GNS was pumping last year. That ticker moved from .47 to $10 in weeks, and as a newbie, she heard and bought some rumors that 20+ was the target, so he went all, dropping a whopping 30K shares at $8 a share. Ticker moved to 10 and started sliding, and within weeks, it was back to under 5, then 4, 3, 2, 1, and to below .50, and has never moved beyond 2 for almost two years now. Nearly 300K portfolio brought to 10K!
Horror stories on Bitcoin losers are insane, but penny stocks can also slaughter you if you are a rookie!

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2023, 05:15:56 PM »
Munger was planning a big bash for his 100th December birthday party.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2023, 10:36:15 PM »
98% of those messing with Bitcoin on the retail side have lost serious money. The market is skewed heavily towards the rich and the well-connected (Faceless billionaires and their algorithms). Regular small, mid, and large-cap stocks are still up for grabs with skilled traders who have been in the game for at least 2+ years. You must get wiped out first or twice to learn how the stock market works!
In our group, we are trading with the Indian Lady who wanted to become a millionaire when penny stock GNS was pumping last year. That ticker moved from .47 to $10 in weeks, and as a newbie, she heard and bought some rumors that 20+ was the target, so he went all, dropping a whopping 30K shares at $8 a share. Ticker moved to 10 and started sliding, and within weeks, it was back to under 5, then 4, 3, 2, 1, and to below .50, and has never moved beyond 2 for almost two years now. Nearly 300K portfolio brought to 10K!
Horror stories on Bitcoin losers are insane, but penny stocks can also slaughter you if you are a rookie!

I am long-term investor... I pick up penny stocks and never sell. Dogecoin for few pennies will go up in a few years as Bitcoin has done. You need the knack to smell potential.. like Warren & Charlie.

You're a speculator - different ballgame - very risky ponzi schemes. Majority of Robinhood 'investors' are here.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2024, 04:29:55 PM »
The old fox had side-hustle outside Berkshire Hathaway.. grew Daily Journal's stock portfolio from nothing to $300 million within 15 years.

The late Charlie Munger's final stock-portfolio update is out - and it shows his iconic approach to investing
https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/charlie-munger-daily-journal-final-stock-portfolio-investing-byd-alibaba-2024-1
« Last Edit: January 26, 2024, 09:27:55 PM by Nefertiti »