Author Topic: One ICC Witness Down  (Read 37513 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: One ICC Witness Down
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2015, 05:40:30 PM »
Abubakar Jumo is not Wafula.  Ken Wafula rans his own NGO. Center of Torture was ran and owned by David Koros and when he ran away Abubakar took over as Director.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2015, 07:53:25 PM »
Karim Khan alleges that Yebei was threatened by a prosecution witness.  He doesn't proffer any evidence to the allegation. 

He says Fatou Bensouda's office was aware of the threats.  Could this explain the contacts he had with "Bensouda's people"?  Were they trying to move the witness out of Kenya and out of harms way?  Was this a ruse by his killers to point fingers at Bensouda?

Khan, who managed to free Muthaura after all key witnesses vanished from that case, also says he has urged the CID to investigate the murder.  Because the deceased was their witness. 

If the CID cannot solve this case who stands to benefit?  Is Khan aware that the CID has never solved any controversial murder in the 50+ years of its existence,
In a letter leaked to the media, Mr Khan had written to the Criminal Investigations Department (CID) boss Ndegwa Muhoro, urging him to investigate the murder since the victim was their witness.
http://www.nation.co.ke/news/Meshack-Yebei-threatened-ICC-witness--William-Ruto-Karim-Khan/-/1056/2588106/-/kxrqwv/-/index.html
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2015, 09:06:31 PM »
Karim Khan should not worry if some prosecution witness did this given his clients enormous influence over CID. Like i said previously is upon Ruto's gov to absolve him from suspicion by bringing the killers to book. If not many are inclined to imagine this witness was killed by the defence.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2015, 12:30:46 AM »
Karim Khan should not worry if some prosecution witness did this given his clients enormous influence over CID. Like i said previously is upon Ruto's gov to absolve him from suspicion by bringing the killers to book. If not many are inclined to imagine this witness was killed by the defence.

Khan is just generating some confusion for the sort of local consumption that Kenyans enjoy, although I think it is in very poor taste.   One reason his tactics work is that many Kenyans do not understand the structure of the court.   Take, for example, this statement in the Daily Nation article:

"This prompted the ICC Registrar Herman von Hebel to clarify that while they had offered Mr Yebei protection under the VWU, he was not their witness."

This reflects ignorance of the fact that both the Registry and the VWU are independent units and that the VWU protects both Prosecution and Defence witnesses alike.   And that's a reporter from the country's leading paper informing the people.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2015, 02:30:08 AM »
the Prosecution contacted and interviewed Yebei without the knowledge of the Defence on the allegations that he was involved in witness interference activities ... Yebei, also without the knowledge of the Defence, fully cooperated with the Prosecution, voluntarily traveled to a third country and made himself available for questioning there by Prosecution investigatorshttp://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2000147819/ruto-clashes-with-bensouda-over-witness-who-was-killed?articleID=2000147819&story_title=dp-william-ruto-clashes-with-bensouda-over-killed-witness-meshack-yebei&pageNo=2

Who knows what he told the OTP in these meetings ... Anyway, between the Defence and the OTP, who is more likely to be involved in finishing witnesses?   

MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2015, 09:04:43 AM »
It is far-fetched to accuse OTP of having done this...this i think is a local thing. It upon Ruto to press CID and security agencies to uncover the killers otherwise it safe to assume defence had a hand in this.

The worse OTP could have done is to threaten Yebei with prosecution at ICC...

the Prosecution contacted and interviewed Yebei without the knowledge of the Defence on the allegations that he was involved in witness interference activities ... Yebei, also without the knowledge of the Defence, fully cooperated with the Prosecution, voluntarily traveled to a third country and made himself available for questioning there by Prosecution investigatorshttp://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2000147819/ruto-clashes-with-bensouda-over-witness-who-was-killed?articleID=2000147819&story_title=dp-william-ruto-clashes-with-bensouda-over-killed-witness-meshack-yebei&pageNo=2

Who knows what he told the OTP in these meetings ... Anyway, between the Defence and the OTP, who is more likely to be involved in finishing witnesses?   

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2015, 02:47:35 PM »
This is getting weirder by the day
The body belongs to Yusuf Hussein not yebei yet 14 members of the family positively identified the body
https://www.capitalfm.co.ke/news/2015/01/yebei-mystery-deepens-as-mutilated-body-not-his/

I desperately want to believe in a grand conspiracy of stealing Yebei's body in broad day light from the family but am not Auntie Hubris
So, either GoK/WSR paid Yebei's family to claim a wrong body or they are right and he is stealing the body from them, the ONLY thing that points to the fate of Yebei. If the body really belongs to Yebei, further DNA tests are still possible even after Hussein's family buries him.

Nothing makes sense here
The family should carryout an independent DNA test
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

• Enigma
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2015, 05:53:46 PM »
This is getting weirder by the day
The body belongs to Yusuf Hussein not yebei yet 14 members of the family positively identified the body
https://www.capitalfm.co.ke/news/2015/01/yebei-mystery-deepens-as-mutilated-body-not-his/

I desperately want to believe in a grand conspiracy of stealing Yebei's body in broad day light from the family but am not Auntie Hubris
So, either GoK/WSR paid Yebei's family to claim a wrong body or they are right and he is stealing the body from them, the ONLY thing that points to the fate of Yebei. If the body really belongs to Yebei, further DNA tests are still possible even after Hussein's family buries him.

Nothing makes sense here
The family should carryout an independent DNA test
Obfuscation galore.  One wants to know who benefits from it?
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2015, 12:40:04 AM »
How did the Meshack family identify the body as his?  Was it only the basis of physical features?  Perhaps the clothes?

I am struggling to eliminate the possibility that these two fellows bore a striking resemblace.  That both of them may be dead.  That Yusuf Husein did not have Meshack's clothes when his body was found.

Is CID capable of sharing more than information that only clouds things?

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2015, 06:31:56 AM »
This should answer most if not all of your questions

How did the Meshack family identify the body as his?  Was it only the basis of physical features?  Perhaps the clothes?

I am struggling to eliminate the possibility that these two fellows bore a striking resemblace.  That both of them may be dead.  That Yusuf Husein did not have Meshack's clothes when his body was found.

2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

• Enigma
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2015, 05:38:23 PM »
This should answer most if not all of your questions

Interesting.  They probably share body structure.  They both seem very slight.

So what if it is Yusuf's body?  Does it matter what happened to him?  Who killed him?  The motive?  Was he also abducted?  Is it enough that he is not Yebei?  Why are the police sharing this information?  Are they ready to catch who killed Yusuf?

What do Kenya police normally do when they find unclaimed corpses?  Do they just take them to the morgue?  To bury them later?  What happens when 14 members of a family "identify" the body?  Do they then test for fingerprints?  Why didn't they test for fingerprints before asking the family to identify the body?

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2015, 06:53:24 PM »
Termie,
In an ideal alternative universe, they would do all you see in the US but we are talking about Negroes here in a backwater economy. I keep reading and hearing of exhumation when 'wrong' bodies are buried especially of the 'missing persons

The GoK interest in the matter is I suppose from three reasons;
1. Immense publicity of Yebei's disappearance;
2. PR- GoK needs to be seen to be on the same page with Vague
3. Yebei was well known to DPORK's defence

I can't start to imagine the agony of his family; first disappearance, next a badly mutilated body and as they was coming to terms,they are now thrown back to nothing; watching and waiting,hoping for the best. It is easier to move on over a deceased relation than a lost one; that glimmer of hope is actually hell on earth.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2015, 07:37:38 PM »
Kenya is a big jungle.

• Enigma
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2015, 11:56:09 PM »
Ken Wafula is now demanding independent tests on the body.  If I  want to argue with him, can I fight the history of Kenya police, CID and suspicious deaths? 

Because, left to the CID these things are certain.

1. The murder of this character, whoever it is, will not be resolved.
2. Yebei was abducted on an errand for his sick child.  His disappearance will not be resolved.
3. The investigation will drag on until it fades into background noise.  File closed.  Preferably burnt.

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2015, 01:24:02 AM »
More Ken Wafula observations.  Special features related to Nandi circumcision.  A special type of Nandi finger print.

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2015, 06:22:06 AM »
Why can't they carry out an independent DNA test?

• Enigma
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2015, 01:37:13 PM »
Why can't they carry out an independent DNA test?
It's entirely possible that they can't.  The body in question might indeed be Yusuf's.  They were not present during the fingerprinting. 

That raises the distinct possibility that the body, that 14 family members were able to identify, is not the same one that Kenya police fingerprinted.

If the relevant authorities are interested in clarity, this question can resolved in 10 minutes.

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2015, 06:55:55 PM »
You lost me.
What are you saying?
It's entirely possible that they can't.  The body in question might indeed be Yusuf's.  They were not present during the fingerprinting. 

That raises the distinct possibility that the body, that 14 family members were able to identify, is not the same one that Kenya police fingerprinted.

If the relevant authorities are interested in clarity, this question can resolved in 10 minutes.

• Enigma
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2015, 07:05:32 PM »
You lost me.
What are you saying?

That the cops are saying the truth as far as the fingerprints they took goes. 

What is not being said?  That they are not talking about the same body that the Yebei relatives identified.  We might be looking at a case of a disappearing body.

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2015, 07:35:29 PM »
Termie,
So we have two bodies, Yusuf's and Yebei's and GoK is throwing off Yebei's family off the trail?

Makes least sense off Hollywood thrillers because BOTH families IDd the same body at the same time at some point