Author Topic: Disorder at .com  (Read 1350 times)

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Disorder at .com
« on: January 30, 2015, 07:30:46 PM »
I am for diversity. I am on record urging Kenyans to start more debating forums. Having three does not reflect the intellectual strength of Kenyans nor the spread of the internet in the Fatherland.

However what is happening at .com raises serious concerns. The admin came over and announced that unless there were donations, he will be closing down. I closely monitored the begging bowl he set up and noticed that it remained at zero contributions. So I resigned myself to .com closing down and us mourning from here.

Well, that is not being mentioned as the software is updated and spam reduced and a new lease of life granted. The question is who is paying for it? Is Nairobi Pundit such a businessman that he sticks to a business that makes no money? Or is he making money somehow?

I have decamped for a while because in addition to all these questions, I stumbled on something over there that shocked me. He has access to immense data and most of it is now easily visible with the new changes.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Disorder at .com
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 08:54:51 PM »
I have to admit I haven't been there in a good while.  That said, I agree that sites should be available to cater to all manner of individuals.  I hope they are not having major issues.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman