Author Topic: Ruto Now says Ready to Accommodate Raila views- Needs to Be careful  (Read 1180 times)

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma

He needs to avoid another handshake or else it will be his start of his end
Ruto backs down on IEBC recruitment, refers matter to Parliament

https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2023-04-02-ruto-backs-down-on-iebc-recruitment-refers-matter-to-parliament/

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Ruto Now says Ready to Accommodate Raila views- Needs to Be careful
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2023, 06:02:23 PM »
You didnt listen.
He has told Raila to diplomatically go to hell.
IEBC recruitment will continue.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2023, 06:03:56 PM »

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2023, 06:06:25 PM »
He is saying IEBC recruitment will be suspended
And we go for another IPPG?

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2023, 06:09:37 PM »
Ofcourse he is playing a political game . We know how it is played His DP and Defence Minister have said tomorrow will not be business as usual while Ruto is being presidential and playing to international gallery by portraying to be pragmatic .
Raila and his crew are also politicians based on their feedback we will know if indeed they have been engaging behind the scenes .
Mine is simple Ruto needs to avoid a handshake the same sword used against Uhuru will be used against him . A cache 22 situation but this is the reality .

You didnt listen.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2023, 06:12:07 PM »

Yes he is asking parliament to amend the law . When he uses the word bi-partisan he means both sides of parliament should agree upon the amended laws . This in Uhurus government was in form of Handshake .

He is saying IEBC recruitment will be suspended
And we go for another IPPG?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2023, 06:19:32 PM »
IPPG is not handshake.
The IEBC recruitment law is pretty tight.
I dont know what AZIMIO want? sort of saying political parties appoint commissioners directly?

Yes he is asking parliament to amend the law . When he uses the word bi-partisan he means both sides of parliament should agree upon the amended laws . This in Uhurus government was in form of Handshake .

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2023, 06:20:37 PM »
Handshake will never happen.
Ruto knows he is in power principled because he opposed handshake.

What Raila can and should take is Gov Official Opposition leader - get salary, offices, prado - with two deputies.

Those will be Cabinet Level Position -- great handshake for Raila -- if he want a moron

Ofcourse he is playing a political game . We know how it is played His DP and Defence Minister have said tomorrow will not be business as usual while Ruto is being presidential and playing to international gallery by portraying to be pragmatic .
Raila and his crew are also politicians based on their feedback we will know if indeed they have been engaging behind the scenes .
Mine is simple Ruto needs to avoid a handshake the same sword used against Uhuru will be used against him . A cache 22 situation but this is the reality .

You didnt listen.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2023, 06:30:56 PM »
IPPG was the beginning of Co-operation snd yes Handshake is what Uhuru used in parliament to get his laws going through . You see some of us see things clear . Handshake is what got Raila 4 commissioners in IEBC who tried to rig the election .Same thing Raila is agitating for to have a share of IEBC .

IPPG is not handshake.
The IEBC recruitment law is pretty tight.
I dont know what AZIMIO want? sort of saying political parties appoint commissioners directly?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2023, 06:57:24 PM »
Stop the lies.
IPPG happened in 1997 to appease the opposition so they could participate in 1997 whipping by Moi and legitimize his win
By then Matiba had burnt his ID and rightly said it was useless to compete with Moi.
Kibaki,Raila and even Gusii dude - Anyona benefited - Anyona appointed his brother to ECK commissioner.
Of course, Moi won in 1997.
Cooperation happened in 1999/2001.
Moi had come short of Mps needed to govern.
I think he had 100 - of 180mps then plus nominated.
He needed Raila 25 NDP mps to govern comfortably.

Ruto knows Raila and Kalonzo main grouse now is IEBC - if Ruto get all the 7 - they have no hope.
Ruto will have closed 2027 in early 2023.
So, I think he is willing to negotiate there - give them one or two commissioners.

Of course Ruto on principle want to give Raila opposition leader - where he goes to parliament - and get paid cabinet level CS/security/few prados.

Those I dont see as handshake.

Handshake is where Raila will be in gov either formally  or informally.

Raila job will be to oppose gov - just like his father was official opp leader - Kibaki became for almost 10yrs - the official opp leader.

Raila has to be ready to go to parliament - and issue once in a while - opposition leader position.

I dont think that is a bad thing.

IPPG was the beginning of Co-operation snd yes Handshake is what Uhuru used in parliament to get his laws going through . You see some of us see things clear . Handshake is what got Raila 4 commissioners in IEBC who tried to rig the election .Same thing Raila is agitating for to have a share of IEBC .

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2023, 07:20:55 PM »

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2023, 07:27:25 PM »
Im not Robina , I said IPPG was the beginning of cooperation and yes Raila even in his addresses of cooperation used to mention the same it all started with IPPG .
i will not go the robina pundit way of meandering .

Stop the lies.
IPPG happened in 1997 to appease the opposition so they could participate in 1997 whipping by Moi and legitimize his win
By then Matiba had burnt his ID and rightly said it was useless to compete with Moi.
Kibaki,Raila and even Gusii dude - Anyona benefited - Anyona appointed his brother to ECK commissioner.
Of course, Moi won in 1997.
Cooperation happened in 1999/2001.
Moi had come short of Mps needed to govern.
I think he had 100 - of 180mps then plus nominated.
He needed Raila 25 NDP mps to govern comfortably.

Ruto knows Raila and Kalonzo main grouse now is IEBC - if Ruto get all the 7 - they have no hope.
Ruto will have closed 2027 in early 2023.
So, I think he is willing to negotiate there - give them one or two commissioners.

Of course Ruto on principle want to give Raila opposition leader - where he goes to parliament - and get paid cabinet level CS/security/few prados.

Those I dont see as handshake.

Handshake is where Raila will be in gov either formally  or informally.

Raila job will be to oppose gov - just like his father was official opp leader - Kibaki became for almost 10yrs - the official opp leader.

Raila has to be ready to go to parliament - and issue once in a while - opposition leader position.

I dont think that is a bad thing.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2023, 07:46:29 PM »
so we should accept your nonsense however false.
Im not Robina , I said IPPG was the beginning of cooperation and yes Raila even in his addresses of cooperation used to mention the same it all started with IPPG .

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2023, 07:48:22 PM »

Its a fact which Raila has alluded . Question to you did IPPG continue after 1997 elections ?

so we should accept your nonsense however false.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2023, 08:00:51 PM »
It depends.
Moi agreed in 1991 to opposition demand to repeal section(2)a.
Then hold multi-party election in 1992.
Moi agreed to IPPG deal on election commission in 1997.
Moi also agreed to constitutional reforms in 2001.
Moi co-operated with Raila WITHOUT any demos or threats - in a deal brokered by Mark Too.
Moi felt he needed numbers in parliament to comfortably govern - he approached Kijana Wamalwa and Raila - Raila was quick to accept the deal.
Kibaki was forced to adopt part KANU & Ford-People into gov after he felt out with LDP in 2005.
Kibaki was forced by international mediation & reality he wasnt able to govern - even with Kalonzo Mps - to form a grand coalition - in 50-50 deal in 2007.
Uhuru in 2018 - out of the blues - did handshake with Raila - we know his intention was not to retire - but do Putin-Medved - and of course slice Ruto.
Uhuru had refused any handshake btw 2013-2017.

Now we in 2023 - Ruto has no intention of handshaking Raila.

The deal here is simple - Ruto has conceded to having few Azimio commissioners in IEBC - and Raila has accepted to be Official Leader of the Opposition.

The rest are motions that parliament will iron out.

Its a fact which Raila has alluded . Question to you did IPPG continue after 1997 elections ?

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2023, 08:05:27 PM »

Pundit as ive mentioned Im not Robina . Im not of going back and forth blubbering and all . As I said IPPG was the beginning of MoiRaila Co-operation .

http://www.commonlii.org/ke/other/KECKRC/2001/23.html

It was this general disillusionment that opened the way for a new type of political coalition in the name of the NCEC led by people whose main attraction was professionalism and lack of interests in holding political office. As the NCEC became an alternative centre of authority in the public mind in competition with the political class, fear spread across the political spectrum. To reclaim leadership lost to the NCEC, the political class created a new coalition aimed at undermining the NCEC. This was the IPPG set of resolutions that were hurriedly lumped together to enable the politicians to hold on to their followers as they went into the 1997 election. What the NCEC coalition did was to force Moi to seek a new coalition within the political class in order to maintain authority in the eyes of the public.

The IPPG was therefore not a genuine thing, simply a patchwork that could not last but one that succeeded in diverting attention and enabled Moi to go ahead and win the 1997 general election after which a more systematic political coalition with selected political parties could be organised. Two opposition parties were competing to be co-opted into the KANU web. These were FORD-Kenya, led by Kijana Wamalwa and NDP led by Raila Odinga. Wamalwa had been Jaramogi's deputy but Raila had been Jaramogi's biological son and they were competing to continue with Jaramogi's cooperation with Moi. Moi's pleasant problem was to decide which of these two he should favour and he leaned on Raila. A new, more intense and serious political coalition developed through which NDP could be trusted to defend and promote the KANU agenda while claiming to be an opposition party. There were numerous little rewards for this cooperation including the post of Deputy Speaker, appointments to assorted offices, and accompanying the president in various local and foreign trips. The big reward was the appointment of Raila into the cabinet so that he can articulate government policies with some stamp of authority.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2023, 08:08:54 PM »
It depends.
Moi agreed in 1991 to opposition demand to repeal section(2)a.
Then hold multi-party election in 1992.
Moi agreed to IPPG deal on election commission in 1997.
Moi also agreed to constitutional reforms in 2001.
Moi co-operated with Raila WITHOUT any demos or threats - in a deal brokered by Mark Too.
Moi felt he needed numbers in parliament to comfortably govern - he approached Kijana Wamalwa and Raila - Raila was quick to accept the deal.
Kibaki was forced to adopt part KANU & Ford-People into gov after he felt out with LDP in 2005.
Kibaki was forced by international mediation & reality he wasnt able to govern - even with Kalonzo Mps - to form a grand coalition - in 50-50 deal in 2007.
Uhuru in 2018 - out of the blues - did handshake with Raila - we know his intention was not to retire - but do Putin-Medved - and of course slice Ruto.
Uhuru had refused any handshake btw 2013-2017.

Now we in 2023 - Ruto has no intention of handshaking Raila.

The deal here is simple - Ruto has conceded to having few Azimio commissioners in IEBC - and Raila has accepted to be Official Leader of the Opposition.

The rest are motions that parliament will iron out.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2023, 08:09:13 PM »
You're an idiot researching.
Robina is better than you - because she was genuinely ignorant.
These things unlike you I know - because I have a gigantic memory.
Now you've google - then comeback - and try string an coherent argument.

Forget it. You cannot debate me on these political stuff.

Pundit as ive mentioned Im not Robina . Im not of going back and forth blubbering and all . As I said IPPG was the beginning of MoiRaila Co-operation .

It was this general disillusionment that opened the way for a new type of political coalition in the name of the NCEC led by people whose main attraction was professionalism and lack of interests in holding political office. As the NCEC became an alternative centre of authority in the public mind in competition with the political class, fear spread across the political spectrum. To reclaim leadership lost to the NCEC, the political class created a new coalition aimed at undermining the NCEC. This was the IPPG set of resolutions that were hurriedly lumped together to enable the politicians to hold on to their followers as they went into the 1997 election. What the NCEC coalition did was to force Moi to seek a new coalition within the political class in order to maintain authority in the eyes of the public.

The IPPG was therefore not a genuine thing, simply a patchwork that could not last but one that succeeded in diverting attention and enabled Moi to go ahead and win the 1997 general election after which a more systematic political coalition with selected political parties could be organised. Two opposition parties were competing to be co-opted into the KANU web. These were FORD-Kenya, led by Kijana Wamalwa and NDP led by Raila Odinga. Wamalwa had been Jaramogi's deputy but Raila had been Jaramogi's biological son and they were competing to continue with Jaramogi's cooperation with Moi. Moi's pleasant problem was to decide which of these two he should favour and he leaned on Raila. A new, more intense and serious political coalition developed through which NDP could be trusted to defend and promote the KANU agenda while claiming to be an opposition party. There were numerous little rewards for this cooperation including the post of Deputy Speaker, appointments to assorted offices, and accompanying the president in various local and foreign trips. The big reward was the appointment of Raila into the cabinet so that he can articulate government policies with some stamp of authority.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2023, 08:09:59 PM »
Unalia sana; Which part of what I wrote is Upuzi - ubwa wewe.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2023, 08:18:14 PM »
I dont google and go like you do . You like twisting things .
My point which is valid is the IPPg was the beginning of Moi Raila Cooperation .
Ive quoted the below so as it can showcase that fact . Im not Robina I who you can brag on that you were reading newspapers then.
First you never respect history always revising it . Your attempt of rewriting history to fit your argument is what Ive called Upuzi and Upuzi it is .

You're an idiot researching.
Robina is better than you - because she was genuinely ignorant.
These things unlike you I know - because I have a gigantic memory.
Now you've google - then comeback - and try string an coherent argument.

Forget it. You cannot debate me on these political stuff.