Author Topic: Was In Kwinya Attended AMcham & Saw Demos , My take  (Read 759 times)

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
Was In Kwinya Attended AMcham & Saw Demos , My take
« on: April 02, 2023, 03:29:43 PM »
So I attended Amcham and happened to see the demonstrations .
My take KKs government are living in bubble , The Americans were not enthusiastic about investments in Kenya
Majority of the Kenyans in the conference are people from government .
As for Maandamano it shows there is a very large Rural Urban Migration . Devolution is not working . Devolution is not the key to Kenyan problems .
Kenya needs to industrialize period.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Was In Kwinya Attended AMcham & Saw Demos , My take
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2023, 03:40:55 PM »
How will Kenya industrialize when Asian workers are willing to be paid 50 dollars a month?
When our electricity prices are so high?
Bottom-line - these kind of knee-jerk solutions - wont work - what work is Ruto to execute the Plan.
The plan was as result of 600 experts extensive work.
And Ndii is leading that.

Take a good reading of UDA Manifesto.
You supported a party without understanding it's Manifesto :) :)

All you had was Raila hatred - and now that is gone - you're empty.

Ruto so far has done excellent - only mistake is not going hard on Kenyattas/Mois/Odinga

He has fulfil and in process of fulfil his promises - except we need commission of inquiry into state capture and tribunals formed for previous murders & such crimes.

Everything else has been captured well by experts and Ruto 10 or so intellectuals at statehouse.

Our job is to follow through THE PLAN. China did that. Ethiopia did that. 5yr plan - follow through - no questions - until review in 4th year - then come up with another 5yr plan.

My take KKs government are living in bubble , The Americans were not enthusiastic about investments in Kenya
As for Maandamano it shows there is a very large Rural Urban Migration . Devolution is not working . Devolution is not the key to Kenyan problems .

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2023, 05:50:01 PM »

Kenya needs to work on that . Its not rocket science those asian nations which are industrializing and paying their workers 50 dollars are doing so because they have a competitive edge . It beats logic for Kenya to buy processed oil products from Saudia , China and India where as the same countries are buying it from Russia refining it and selling to Kenya. Why cant we build an oil processing unit with help feom Russia and import our direct from Russia and cheaper prices . This is where is takes leaders who are firm and focused however our leaders want kickbacks from those countries exporting processed oil .
You have been steadfast in telling us that we need to be developed first before start thinking of rescuing trees , same logic can be used on the so called green energy which Kenya relies on and just but makes electricity unreliable and expensive . Kenya is over populated and one way of dealing with this is having people earning a decent living otherwise they will always be used as weapon fighting the government.

As for Raila he is the reason we have these kind of politics which have distracted Kenya dealing with its main issues.
Right now you think to deal with Kenyan problems is simply dealing with Moi and Kenyatta. Yes we can deal with them but lets not forget building dams , attracting foreign investments  , building industries , forget the talk , Kenya needs to walk the talk .
Some of the experts you are talking about had a chance of interacting with them during AMCHAM and I can tell you for free they are not assuring . They seem to be there to pass time and build their CV or awaiting  for an opportunity to get their cut .

Pundit if you are honest with yourself you would acknowledge Kenya is in a bad place and its not specifically because of Ruto but the whole Kenyan system of doing things shaped up by the type of politics has been playing since independence . I think with the hustler narrative Ruto tried to break the systematic link but some of his follower like you particularly from Kalenjin Rift Valley wants to take us back to Raila and Moi type of politics . This is not the solution . Playing the masses against each other while the elite rule is not the solution. Raila support has thinned if you compare the results of his maandamano calls . We need now to tackle the likes of you and drive them away from Kenya Kwanza and finally tackle Kenyas problems.

How will Kenya industrialize when Asian workers are willing to be paid 50 dollars a month?
Bottom-line - these kind of knee-jerk solutions - wont work - what work is Ruto to execute the Plan.

Ruto so far has done excellent - only mistake is not going hard on Kenyattas/Mois/Odinga

He has fulfil and in process of fulfil his promises - except we need commission of inquiry into state capture and tribunals formed for previous murders & such crimes.

Everything else has been captured well by experts and Ruto 10 or so intellectuals at statehouse.

Our job is to follow through THE PLAN. China did that. Ethiopia did that. 5yr plan - follow through - no questions - until review in 4th year - then come up with another 5yr plan.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2023, 06:12:33 PM »
My friend all these things were settled before election.
Ruto spoke with Kenyans, 600 experts and has think tank
Result is the PLAN.
The Plan say we concentrate on building a million houses that will provide million jobs.
The Plan say we concentrate on supporting SMES
The Plan say we concentrate on Farming.
The PLAN SAY we deal with Kenyatta/MOi/Ndegwa - who have captured our industries - and made nonsense of our capitalism.
THE PLAN also say we ask Kenyatta some restitution question.

In short PUNGUZA UJUAJI - we have DR NDII, DR KAMAU, DR CHERUIYOT,DR LAIBULA, PROF NJUNGUNA and MOHAMMED - doing the thing.

Kenya will ONLY DEVELOP when we have a PLAN and follow THROUGH.

Uhuru failed to implement BBI.

For NOW we should hold Ruto responsible for his PLAN.

Read the FCKIN PLAN - and stop all these crazy suggestions - NOBOBY in RUTO GOV will listen to them.

The PLAN has been turned into gov 3 yr PLAN - medium term development paper.

Now EXECUTE THE PLAN AND FOLLOW THROUGH.

Kenya needs to work on that . Its not rocket science those asian nations which are industrializing and paying their workers 50 dollars are doing so because they have a competitive edge . It beats logic for Kenya to buy processed oil products from Saudia , China and India where as the same countries are buying it from Russia refining it and selling to Kenya. Why cant we build an oil processing unit with help feom Russia and import our direct from Russia and cheaper prices . This is where is takes leaders who are firm and focused however our leaders want kickbacks from those countries exporting processed oil .
You have been steadfast in telling us that we need to be developed first before start thinking of rescuing trees , same logic can be used on the so called green energy which Kenya relies on and just but makes electricity unreliable and expensive . Kenya is over populated and one way of dealing with this is having people earning a decent living otherwise they will always be used as weapon fighting the government.

As for Raila he is the reason we have these kind of politics which have distracted Kenya dealing with its main issues.
Right now you think to deal with Kenyan problems is simply dealing with Moi and Kenyatta. Yes we can deal with them but lets not forget building dams , attracting foreign investments  , building industries , forget the talk , Kenya needs to walk the talk .
Some of the experts you are talking about had a chance of interacting with them during AMCHAM and I can tell you for free they are not assuring . They seem to be there to pass time and build their CV or awaiting  for an opportunity to get their cut .

Pundit if you are honest with yourself you would acknowledge Kenya is in a bad place and its not specifically because of Ruto but the whole Kenyan system of doing things shaped up by the type of politics has been playing since independence . I think with the hustler narrative Ruto tried to break the systematic link but some of his follower like you particularly from Kalenjin Rift Valley wants to take us back to Raila and Moi type of politics . This is not the solution . Playing the masses against each other while the elite rule is not the solution. Raila support has thinned if you compare the results of his maandamano calls . We need now to tackle the likes of you and drive them away from Kenya Kwanza and finally tackle Kenyas problems.

Offline sema

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2023, 10:23:04 PM »
Kenya will ONLY DEVELOP when we have a PLAN and follow THROUGH

What do kenyans make? you can't develop when you make nothing. I welcome your input on this very basic question

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2023, 11:10:56 PM »

What do kenyans make? you can't develop when you make nothing. I welcome your input on this very basic question
Read the Plan..5yr plan

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2023, 11:43:37 PM »

Answer the question , what does it talking about industrialization ?

Read the Plan..5yr plan

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2023, 12:19:58 AM »

Read the Plan..5yr plan
Read faking plan

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2023, 12:26:25 AM »

Why you calling it faking plan ? You thinks its a fake plan ?

Read the Plan..5yr plan
Read faking plan

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2023, 01:09:18 AM »
Fkc read the PLAN. How can you support Ruto without reading his manifesto.

Why you calling it faking plan ? You thinks its a fake plan ?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2023, 04:29:55 PM »
As you're unlikely to read the Plan
After Ruto meeting 600 experts and top economists.
Manufacturing was dropped - as unrealistic unattainable ambition - because we are not competitive - high labour cost/high electricity - compared to Asians.
Instead manufacturing that will be pursued will be agro-processing.
Building the value chain - starting from agriculture - leather, cotton, cooking oil etc.
Then small manufacturing in EPZ, Dongo Kundu and counties industrial zones.

The Plan is heavy on transforming farming - heavy investment in irrigation/water projects,
Building many houses to provide labour including informa manufacturing of things like doors
Of course providing cheap credit to SMES - so they can turn 500shs to 1000 shs at end of the day.

Most of jobs will come from MJENGO - not industries.
Because we also have serious housing shortages.

Also gov will invest in huge infrastracture projects mainly through PPPs.
That will provide construction jobs.

So in the medium term - gov think jobs will come from Farming (GEMA+Kalenjin), Hustling(GeMA+Somalis) and Constructions (Baluhya+Luo).

Offline cookie1

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2023, 04:52:50 PM »
Agro-processing is manufacturing unress you are talking ambout ndrying grains and seeds in the sun by the road like they ndo it in baringo ya keti.

Agro-processing uses lambor and electricity too. Harro! Are we tugetha?

As you're unlikely to read the Plan
After Ruto meeting 600 experts and top economists.
Manufacturing was dropped - as unrealistic unattainable ambition - because we are not competitive - high labour cost/high electricity - compared to Asians.
Instead manufacturing that will be pursued will be agro-processing.
Building the value chain - starting from agriculture - leather, cotton, cooking oil etc.
Then small manufacturing in EPZ, Dongo Kundu and counties industrial zones.

The Plan is heavy on transforming farming - heavy investment in irrigation/water projects,
Building many houses to provide labour including informa manufacturing of things like doors
Of course providing cheap credit to SMES - so they can turn 500shs to 1000 shs at end of the day.

Most of jobs will come from MJENGO - not industries.
Because we also have serious housing shortages.

Also gov will invest in huge infrastracture projects mainly through PPPs.
That will provide construction jobs.

So in the medium term - gov think jobs will come from Farming (GEMA+Kalenjin), Hustling(GeMA+Somalis) and Constructions (Baluhya+Luo).

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2023, 04:58:33 PM »
Ruto's business acumen is questionable. At basic he should've frozen prices on basic essentials like maize etc. as done in other developing economies despite the looming global recession but either these things don't come naturally  to him or he's intending to drive Kenya the IMF route.

It feels like Moi 2.0 rebooted.

RVP,  please safeguard yourself emotionally. UDA's manifesto is certainly better than Azimio but I just think Ruto is way in over his head.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2023, 05:39:57 PM »
Read again what I wrote.
Manufacturing as solution to our joblessness is not on the cards.
Yes some manufacturing will be done..mostly agro-processing.
But most of the jobs will come from construction, farming and SMES (informal trading).

This is the response Nowayaha appeal that Ruto should focus on Manufacturing as solution to mass unemployment.

Experts have said - nope - we dont have comparative advantage - we can get equally million of jobs by dealing with immediate needs of food, housing and clothing.

And that is THE PLAN WE NEED TO SEE THROUGH.

Agro-processing is manufacturing unress you are talking ambout ndrying grains and seeds in the sun by the road like they ndo it in baringo ya keti.

Agro-processing uses lambor and electricity too. Harro! Are we tugetha?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2023, 05:44:16 PM »
Not when there is no end date of the war in Ukraine.
Ruto's business acumen is questionable. At basic he should've frozen prices on basic essentials like maize etc. as done in other developing economies despite the looming global recession but either these things don't come naturally  to him or he's intending to drive Kenya the IMF route.

RVP,  please safeguard yourself emotionally. UDA's manifesto is certainly better than Azimio but I just think Ruto is way in over his head.

Offline audacityofhope

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2023, 06:52:48 AM »
But your Ruto lambasted Uhuru for using Ukraine war as an excuse, how can you come back here with the same lame excuse? Try and do better.
Not when there is no end date of the war in Ukraine.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2023, 07:31:46 AM »
Moron, Ruto is working to address cost of living through better mean than subsidies of maize
Fertilizers have been subsidized and made available - so next bumper harvest will fix some problem
2ndly maize being import duty free with other commodities.
So far inflation has stablized at 9.2%
Will come down in next few months - Ukraine war or not.

But your Ruto lambasted Uhuru for using Ukraine war as an excuse, how can you come back here with the same lame excuse? Try and do better.