Author Topic: Low IQ Linked To Racism(Tribalism) and Conservative Ideologies  (Read 1759 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Low IQ Linked To Racism(Tribalism) and Conservative Ideologies
« on: December 07, 2014, 07:51:54 PM »
They are saying that lower intelligence in childhood is predictive of greater racism(tribalism) in adulthood.  That racism, tribalism and conservatism are pretty reliable proxy markers for low cognitive ability.
People with lower cognitive abilities also had less contact with people of other races.

"This finding is consistent with recent research demonstrating that intergroup contact is mentally challenging and cognitively draining, and consistent with findings that contact reduces prejudice," said Hodson, who along with his colleagues published these results online Jan. 5 in the journal Psychological Science.
http://www.livescience.com/18132-intelligence-social-conservatism-racism.html
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Low IQ Linked To Racism(Tribalism) and Conservative Ideologies
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 10:53:18 PM »
Quote from: Honorable Moses Kuria
ODM NDC given 4 days to decide if @RailaOdinga should vie for Homa Bay senatorship...Oops Luo Council of Elders #OccupyHomaBay
541674157856292864[/tweet]]Invalid Tweet ID[/url]
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Low IQ Linked To Racism(Tribalism) and Conservative Ideologies
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 09:05:54 AM »
That is most likely true.