Author Topic: THE EVER DEFLATED HARAMBE STARS  (Read 24852 times)

Offline Mheshimiwa

• VIP
THE EVER DEFLATED HARAMBE STARS
« on: September 06, 2014, 01:39:32 PM »
GOALKEEPERS
Wilson Obungu (Bandari)
Wycliffe Kasaya (AFC Leopards)
Jerim Onyango (Gor Mahia)

DEFENDERS
James Situma (AFC Leopards)
David Owino (Gor Mahia)
Musa Mohammed (Gor Mahia)
Mulinge Ndetto (Ulinzi Stars)
Oliver Kipruto (Ulinzi Stars)
Joackins Atudo (Tusker)
Hillary Otieno (Kariobangi Sharks)

MIDFILDERS
Antony Akumu (Gor Mahia)
Clifton Miheso (Sofapaka)
Victor Wanyama (Southampton FC)
Paul Kiongera (Kenya Commercial Bank)
Geoffrey Kataka (Kenya Revenue Authority)
Harrison Mwendwa (Mathare United)

STRIKERS
Allan Wanga (AFC Leopards)
Jacob Keli (AFC Leopards)

Offline Joste™

• Liberty, Equality and Fratenity.
Re: THE EVER DEFLATED HARAMBE STARS
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 04:35:52 PM »
Finally! A Kip making his way to the National Team. I hope this is just the beginning, and more Kips should find their way to H/Stars help improve things.
Doing business without advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does.

Offline Native Son

• VIP
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 07:57:09 PM »
Finally! A Kip making his way to the National Team. I hope this is just the beginning, and more Kips should find their way to H/Stars help improve things.

Kips won't cut it.

Offline Joste™

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 08:45:18 PM »

Kips won't cut it.

Why?

They can if only they get interested.
Doing business without advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 08:55:15 PM »
What is funny.  In high school, our best striker was a Kip.  But we totally sucked in soccer.  In Primary school, the best player was a Kamau.  I think things get tougher when the game demands certain types of strengths, mostly physical, that you tend to find among westerners.

Kips won't cut it.

Kips won't cut it.

Why?

They can if only they get interested.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline jakoyo

• VIP
  • Superstar
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 09:11:43 PM »
Kips and Kamaus are averse to physical contacts,  bruises , pains and injuries.

Offline Joste™

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2014, 10:07:42 PM »

Have you ever attended National school ball games? Most giant schools from Western, Nyanza, Nairobi and Coast dread being pitted against those from RV (North Rift). I have sought to know why and i discovered that they are dreaded because they don't tire easily.

Okay, these North Rift schools are a mixture of Kale and Luhya boys...

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2014, 10:32:38 PM »
I think soccer is more team oriented.  The physical load tends to be spread around.  Bursts of speed and power in the heat of the moment.  Lots of cutting and sharp turns.  Followed by slower movements.  That places a different load than what a marathon runner deals with. 

They are both heavy loads.  Just a different kind.  Each requiring certain body types.  Then the game itself has different expectations for each position.  If you've ever noticed, very few strikers are tall or lanky.  The prototype seems to be a short stable build.  Midfielders tend to be taller and lankier.

Have you ever attended National school ball games? Most giant schools from Western, Nyanza, Nairobi and Coast dread being pitted against those from RV (North Rift). I have sought to know why and i discovered that they are dreaded because they don't tire easily.

"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Mheshimiwa

• VIP
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2014, 07:41:01 AM »
I keep telling Joste soccer demands a strong physical build.
Thats why Real Madrid sold players like Ozil & Di Maria for bigger players like Gareth bale.
Asians like Japanese, Korea & China prove this point, they invest in their national team just like any other developed nation but come world cup corrupt chokora teams like Nigeria/Cameroon always run over them.
South Africa has the best league in Africa, perfect training facilities but all that is null & void when trying to defend against a team of west african mandingo giants.

PS: The perfect striker is tall & lanky (read Zlatan Ibrahimovic). They are able to rise above the rest for crosses & stretch their legs further for loose balls in the box.
The false No. 9 can be short since they aren't the target men in the box (read Lionel Messi)
The best attacking midfielders usually have a lower center of gravity because they are expected to do the most dribbling.
Defenders & defensive midfielders need to be as tall & strong as they can.
I think soccer is more team oriented.  The physical load tends to be spread around.  Bursts of speed and power in the heat of the moment.  Lots of cutting and sharp turns.  Followed by slower movements.  That places a different load than what a marathon runner deals with. 

They are both heavy loads.  Just a different kind.  Each requiring certain body types.  Then the game itself has different expectations for each position.  If you've ever noticed, very few strikers are tall or lanky.  The prototype seems to be a short stable build.  Midfielders tend to be taller and lankier.

Offline Joste™

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2014, 11:12:32 AM »
Termie and Mheshimiwa,

I hear you guys, but i will still want to test that theory with further observations.

@Mheshimiwa, Peter Crouch and Wayne Rooney. One is tall, lanky and always weightless. The other is a stout heavy build kifaru. I think both have been good strikers. What about Nkwanko Kanu of Nigeria?

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2014, 04:46:24 PM »
Jakoyo,

Those guys are good.  But exceptions. I had in mind people like Pele, Maradona, Okocha, Gheorghe Haji, Romario.  The true terrors in front of goal have been short fellows.

This color scheme sucks.

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2014, 06:05:50 PM »
In our primary schools (one of the many); luos and gusii dominated; but they were one or two exceptional kipsigis boys; what they had apart from dribbling was ability to manourve, jump and do all tricks; the word is AGILITY.

I think Harambee stars need a mix. Arabs and northern African beat western African teams....without having that body build.

When it came to volleyball and althetics..kalenjin would dominate kabisa kabisa.

Offline Olekoima

• Mega superstar
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2014, 10:25:17 AM »
The new coach ( Williamson ) should start off with a totally different and young outfit and build on from there. These old wazees like akina Oliech are beyond sell by dates now.