Author Topic: Wamalwa and Sakaja are Kalenjin(Sabaot) with Bukusu father  (Read 1824 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Wamalwa and Sakaja are Kalenjin(Sabaot) with Bukusu father
« on: April 12, 2022, 02:40:11 PM »
Those Luhyas who want to disown Sakaja should know people.

Wamalwa father was - William Chemayek Ngeywo - mother Bukusu

Sakaja father is a Sabaot - I remember in 2012 we were with my uncle who worked in statehouse PPS  & lived in Milimani- and I dont know how sakaja name came up - but he told us Sakaja father was his friend - a sabaot- and he owned a bar in Land Mawe.

https://www.theelephant.info/features/2019/03/14/not-my-brothers-keeper-forces-that-have-kept-the-luyia-people-apart/https://www.theelephant.info/features/2019/03/14/not-my-brothers-keeper-forces-that-have-kept-the-luyia-people-apart/
The Elephant - Speaking truth to power.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Wamalwa and Sakaja are Kalenjin(Sabaot) with Bukusu father
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2022, 02:45:55 PM »

Offline Pajero

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2022, 06:11:53 PM »
Hapo kwa Raila I agree,nabongo

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2022, 06:22:13 PM »
While you are at it, inform us on Miguna's roots. :D :D :D

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2022, 07:01:27 PM »
Coming from Kano..he could have Nandi or massai or even gusii blood.. nobody is pure breed in Kenya

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2022, 07:07:06 PM »
With DP, you can go even further! Chibweri's other two brother were Kisiara and Muinoni. Those brothers married many wives and are the spread all over Nyamira and Kisii counties.
The future belongs to those who have a quarter of the character and integrity of RV Heavy Hitter!

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2022, 07:21:49 PM »
Yes the clan komosik in kipsigis or kapsato in nandi is of Gusii heritage..abamosige clan

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2022, 07:22:26 PM »
Coming from Kano..he could have Nandi or massai or even gusii blood.. nobody is pure breed in Kenya

Yes.  Because Kenya is in region that is something of a melting pot of Africans.  That said, groups still generally have their cores.  Kalenjin are mostly Nilotes, Luhya and Kikuyu mostly Bantu. 

Nandi or Maasai is a stretch.  He has the broad features I would typically associate with Luhyas.  I know Luhyas that look like the dude including size, minus the cantankerous behavior.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2022, 07:28:09 PM »
Gusii n luhya were on tribe until split by Luos.Hiyo hasira ni ya mkisii.Luhyas are gentle.The split really was on that Kano or nyado plains.. Luos like maasai generally adopted large sections of bantus

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2022, 08:51:08 PM »
It's true about this dilution. My family is Gusii but it is well known that technically, we might be up to 50% Kalenjin, from both my mother's and father's lines. We also have substantial Luo blood. So, strictly speaking, if DNA was done, we might not get back a result that identifies us as mostly Gusii. Tis very strange. Our hair . . . has a bit of almost cushitic element going. I'm sure we don't have any cushitic mix, so I tend to assume it's from some Kalenjin ancestor.

Though I discovered last month we also border Maasai and quite a bit of intermarriage has occurred, so who knows? But hiyo ya Maasai ni guesswork. Hii ya Kakenjin and Luo is well known history from not too far back (grandparents and great grandparents, and great great grandparents) Almost all this Kalenjin and Luo blood came from what might be considered today human/child trafficking.

Another thing (also my speculation/guesswork) I think we have some Pygmy admixture in our ancestry. A substantial number of us are rather small/short. One of these days, I'll get all of us to take one of those ancestry DNA tests that are so popular these days.

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2022, 10:10:12 PM »
It's true about this dilution. My family is Gusii but it is well known that technically, we might be up to 50% Kalenjin, from both my mother's and father's lines. We also have substantial Luo blood. So, strictly speaking, if DNA was done, we might not get back a result that identifies us as mostly Gusii. Tis very strange. Our hair . . . has a bit of almost cushitic element going. I'm sure we don't have any cushitic mix, so I tend to assume it's from some Kalenjin ancestor.

Though I discovered last month we also border Maasai and quite a bit of intermarriage has occurred, so who knows? But hiyo ya Maasai ni guesswork. Hii ya Kakenjin and Luo is well known history from not too far back (grandparents and great grandparents, and great great grandparents) Almost all this Kalenjin and Luo blood came from what might be considered today human/child trafficking.

Another thing (also my speculation/guesswork) I think we have some Pygmy admixture in our ancestry. A substantial number of us are rather small/short. One of these days, I'll get all of us to take one of those ancestry DNA tests that are so popular these days.

Those tests can't identify which ethnicity you are.  They can tell you the general region where most of your DNA comes from, the average Kenyan DNA being lumped with Uganda, Congo, TZ, Rwanda, Burundi.  Given what you describe, you would be an interesting case for a test with more fine grained distinctions, which unfortunately, these guys(at least 23andme as far as I can tell) simply do not make.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2022, 10:16:11 PM »
Gusii n luhya were on tribe until split by Luos.Hiyo hasira ni ya mkisii.Luhyas are gentle.The split really was on that Kano or nyado plains.. Luos like maasai generally adopted large sections of bantus

Cut off, isolated and denied strategic depth I think.  Yes, they are part of the larger Great Lakes Bantu(really Ugandan and Eastern Congo Bantu).

Harriet Tubman

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2022, 12:17:21 AM »
Regardless of tribe Sakaja is a flawed candidate for Nairobi governorship. Nairobi UDA chapter is a joke Sakaja, Governor,  The glory is here, senator  then the bed sheets seller, women rep...this is a joke.

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2022, 01:28:56 AM »

Those tests can't identify which ethnicity you are.  They can tell you the general region where most of your DNA comes from, the average Kenyan DNA being lumped with Uganda, Congo, TZ, Rwanda, Burundi.  Given what you describe, you would be an interesting case for a test with more fine grained distinctions, which unfortunately, these guys(at least 23andme as far as I can tell) simply do not make.

He doesn't have to get tests from 23 and me, African Ancestry is fine.
Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline audacityofhope

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2022, 07:30:43 AM »
Regardless of tribe Sakaja is a flawed candidate for Nairobi governorship. Nairobi UDA chapter is a joke Sakaja, Governor,  The glory is here, senator  then the bed sheets seller, women rep...this is a joke.
But you support UDA. Have you not learned anything from those who voted Jubilee 3 times and now they are making  annoying statements and noise here and everywhere how bad and inept Uhuru has been at the helm for 10 years. We are completing the journey. What will be different should WSR ascend to presidency is that the next journey will not be 10 years but 30 years. We will also complete that journey, this time with a "Life President".

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2022, 09:12:49 AM »
Yes kipsigis-gusii - way too much admixture.The same with Maasai. It almost rare to find Kalenjin-Luo admixture - because of cultural difference.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2022, 01:06:21 PM »
I remember us pursuing the hypothesis that there is/was no such homogenous tribe like Kikuyu.
Maasai bloodline is probably the most dominant reason why Pygmies- gumba, athi, ndorobo became taller and became kikuyus.

Most of the kikuyus in places like Kihara, Gachie, Lower Muranga are pure kambas with a few having ndorobo bloodline.

Currently intermarriages between Kikuyus and luos/luhyas is changing the complexion of the lake region.

I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2022, 01:48:49 PM »
ufool and his fake brother have made nonsense of devolution. They are for centralization. As it stands, governors cannot do much without a visionary and a president bent on serious decentralisation.

All indications are ruto is for strengthening institutions. Given the irony that the sugoi hotshot has benefitted from institutions, he can decide to feed or kill them. This will be determined by the extent he goes to destroy the current dynastic state capture. I bet to secure more pockets of support across the country and his survival post presidency, he will have to support devolution; commissions independence; fewer strong parastatals maybe.   

But you support UDA. Have you not learned anything from those who voted Jubilee 3 times and now they are making  annoying statements and noise here and everywhere how bad and inept Uhuru has been at the helm for 10 years. We are completing the journey. What will be different should WSR ascend to presidency is that the next journey will not be 10 years but 30 years. We will also complete that journey, this time with a "Life President".
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution