Author Topic: Loan shark apps  (Read 576 times)

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
Loan shark apps
« on: February 10, 2022, 07:02:48 AM »
How can I stop a bum from bankrupting the family, he continually takes loans, we clear them after pleading with us this will his last soujourn, he starts all over, and he never discloses the full amount. We have spent millions clearing his debts. He was initially a normal person with a job, he just fell of the rails. We have no idea what happened.

1. Is there any legal recourse - like can we go to police and force these companies not to loan him any money? apparently there are no credit checks...anyone can be loaned, crazy.

2. How do you help an individual who is addicted taking credit? what has worked in your experience. Tumweke ndani, rehab, exorcism, we are at our wits end.

Any advice
Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Loan shark apps
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2022, 09:23:44 AM »
Never give him free money. Instead of clearing the money for free - take an equivalent asset he owns - if he has a car - take the car - and clear the debt. If land - take it. Let him sign a sales agreement. That way the assets remain and banks wont do a fire sale. Most important lesson stop bailing him out. Tough love is needed here.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2022, 12:12:46 PM »
They will do it over and over. The best is to let them default and face consequences. Financial irresponsibility comes with personality. No income or talking to can fix this. They are people who has such low self esteem or need for flashy stuff that they will spend as long money is there. I know lots of kenyans in stated who make over 90k but cannot meet 3k emergency.

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2022, 05:55:27 PM »
Those apps and the anemic economy have taken Kenyans for cleaners. Kenyans have two to three lines because one or two lines are always red. Massive financial regulation is needed asap to save Kenya. Betting, alcohol, drugs, debts, and sex ravages Kenya, both young and old! Finding a straightforward Kenya is very hard. Smooth, complex, cunning, brutal conmen are all over the place, even pastors! Your dad, mother, uncle, sister, or brother can take you to the cleaners easily in today's Kenya. If you are Majuu, you need to design a financial remittance policy! for instance, If money has to be sent, max is always 4K. Whether 4 people died, school fees, loan dept etc!
The future belongs to those who have a quarter of the character and integrity of RV Heavy Hitter!

Offline sema

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2022, 08:06:36 AM »
The social media influencers seem to be portraying a different Kenya or are they living in a different country? The betting guy that got into business with the Bulgarian mafia now wants to be the MP of Kasarani

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2022, 08:15:47 AM »
Anataka AP protection 24-7 - he will be entitled to at least two - plus betting is going down if/when Ruto wins.
The social media influencers seem to be portraying a different Kenya or are they living in a different country? The betting guy that got into business with the Bulgarian mafia now wants to be the MP of Kasarani

Offline sema

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2022, 02:58:28 PM »
Why does he need 24/7 protection? I've always wondered why Kenyans like him don't try to get dual citizenship (say even for one of the Carribean islands) - so you can hide if your life is in danger. Buy citizenship from the Bahamas and leave.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2022, 04:07:14 PM »
I dont think slicing Bulgarian mafia is simple. He is safer inside Kenya than outside. Those eastern Europeans are worse criminals - they shoot to kill - no questions asked. I am pretty sure he walks with a gun and some private security.
Why does he need 24/7 protection? I've always wondered why Kenyans like him don't try to get dual citizenship (say even for one of the Carribean islands) - so you can hide if your life is in danger. Buy citizenship from the Bahamas and leave.