Author Topic: Naona Matiangi ametii - Kalenjin cattle rustling  (Read 762 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Naona Matiangi ametii - Kalenjin cattle rustling
« on: February 04, 2022, 07:39:56 PM »
Marakwet, Pokot and Tugen - big mess - add Turkana, Samburu and even beyond.

Solution: Only god knows.

Hakuna kifua hapa....those people see kenya security as a big joke.

Security operation are big joke as you;re dealing with mobile humans - intelligence is everything.

Invalid Tweet ID

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Re: Naona Matiangi ametii - Kalenjin cattle rustling
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2022, 07:52:02 PM »
I remember a massacre in baringo..it was on the newspaper in the 90s or 80s. These guys killed over 100 people in one nigh everyone children women and men. It was brutal. With current drought things will just escalate. Do they destock livestock in these areas like they used to?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2022, 07:54:05 PM »
No simple solution. The gov talk tough in Nairobi - when they reach such places - they realize they are two kenyas - the civilized and the banal. The banal doesnt fear Kenya security forces. They only fear their livestock and themselves dying from lack of water and pasture.

The bigger forces are climatic changes as sahara moves south...

Only solution to build those dams - and do irrigations.

Provide these people with water, roads and etc.

I remember a massacre in baringo..it was on the newspaper in the 90s or 80s. These guys killed over 100 people in one nigh everyone children women and men. It was brutal. With current drought things will just escalate. Do they destock livestock in these areas like they used to?

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2022, 07:58:56 PM »
Yeah.and targeted education to move some of the populations to towns. This should be a long-term focus. It is sad how these guys butcher each other over livestock

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2022, 08:07:23 PM »
Marakwet, Pokot and Tugen - big mess - add Turkana, Samburu and even beyond.

Solution: Only god knows.

Hakuna kifua hapa....those people see kenya security as a big joke.

Security operation are big joke as you;re dealing with mobile humans - intelligence is everything.

Invalid Tweet ID
DP was trying to register every fire arm in those areas, and institute tough shoot-first-ask questions later on Bandits in the first term. Had his plan continued to now, Kenya would be seeing better outcome. I think DP is better positioned to deal with this Kalenjin mess, not demented Matiangi. Pokot bandits need all hands-on-deck operation...
The future belongs to those who have a quarter of the character and integrity of RV Heavy Hitter!

Offline sema

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2022, 12:18:25 AM »
I've always wondered why they haven't been able to build dams in those regions.  Spoke to a Malian friend who said the Canadians helped them build wells throughout the sahara desert.  What is wrong with Africans?? They are not being asked to build drones that can go to mars.  A simple well?

Shoot to kill orders don't work. They need water. What is the problem with Africans? They can't even solve small problems.  They should ask the Israelis' to come and help them solve their perennial water problems.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2022, 01:39:11 AM »
I've always wondered why they haven't been able to build dams in those regions.  Spoke to a Malian friend who said the Canadians helped them build wells throughout the sahara desert.  What is wrong with Africans?? They are not being asked to build drones that can go to mars.  A simple well?

Shoot to kill orders don't work. They need water. What is the problem with Africans? They can't even solve small problems.  They should ask the Israelis' to come and help them solve their perennial water problems.

There water reservoirs "primitive dams" but during prolonged drought they dry up. Even with water and no pasture you will still have issues. Imagine 7 months of Temps at over 33 C. The water evaporates and drys up. Borehole water maybe salty. I went to school in a dry zone and once drought hits water becomes very scarce. Even dams dry out of get so polluted by animals and stagnant water that you rist typhoid or amoeba you drink the water. So in desperation these pastroralists start wondering around making them venerable to attacks by rustlers..right now all north eastern part of east Africa is experiencing the worst drought since 1984. Ethiopia alone has over 6 million living in famine conditions in the oromai and somali regions. It serious over there

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2022, 07:24:05 AM »
There is nothing like Kalenjin and thats why marakwet pokot keiyo,tugen are killing each other they don't relate to each other. Only maybe kipsigis and nandi can understand each other a Kalenjin friend told me. Kalenjin as an artificial tribe has failed miserably its a mirage language wise culture wise.
Pundit no need of trying too hard to justify that you are one single unit because the majority of you don't!
Its easier and better to unite GEMA and kamba as one tribe than you guys.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2022, 08:00:01 AM »
Njuri because of cow theft? All kalenjin evolved as prolific cattle rustlers.Thank goodness we are far from meru..ngombe ungeonea tv

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2022, 08:53:16 AM »
I think Njuri is right. Is a kipsigis culturally close to a Tugen? It is like me claiming that a Mbeere is a kikuyu?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2022, 10:09:11 AM »
All kalenjin are very closely connected..word similarity is 95 percent.. culture 98 percent.. difference ni kidogo sana.Luhya is an artificial construct