Author Topic: Someone need to be couragous enough to declare Miraa a drug and enforce control  (Read 1483 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Njuri this one of my three khat plant in Nairobi - making me self sufficient :) in Khat

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
Njuri this one of my three khat plant in Nairobi - making me self sufficient :) in Khat
How you plant it in Nairobi? If local youth catch wind of it you will have several break ins.
In my shags grandad had planted Miraa but theft cases were high so he put numerous traps those that catch wild animals to catch the thieves. When he passed on and dad took over he couldn't keep up with theft so he cut down the Miraa trees not for the theft as he didn't care about Miraa as he loathed it but because thieves used to step and damage on other plants like maize beans as they made their way to Miraa trees. Generally in our area Miraa doesn't do good as North parts. We still have a few family trees kept to provide for the extended family though but our Miraa its handas is extreme it causes severe anxiety and panic attack,My cousin chewed one night and as we were going to sleep he started screaming running inside the house and we saw a bee hovering on his head, when we asked him what problem it was he said it was an helicopter chasing him. So we wrestled him to the ground and gave him some tot of vodka to clear up the panic. Alcohol and Miraa cancel each other's effect

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
My my - whenever we are away - someone climbs - it always get harvested - my wife wanted to put poison (stupid woman) - says kwao people spray with herbicides - you die or get sick if you come eat without knowing. I have had to raise the fences very high.

I brought them from embu - the one in shags didnt do well - too much water in kericho - it seems to require just about enough water -

How you plant it in Nairobi? If local youth catch wind of it you will have several break ins.
In my shags grandad had planted Miraa but theft cases were high so he put numerous traps those that catch wild animals to catch the thieves. When he passed on and dad took over he couldn't keep up with theft so he cut down the Miraa trees not for the theft as he didn't care about Miraa as he loathed it but because thieves used to step and damage on other plants like maize beans as they made their way to Miraa trees. Generally in our area Miraa doesn't do good as North parts. We still have a few family trees kept to provide for the extended family.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 04:37:41 PM by Njuri Ncheke »

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
My my - whenever we are away - someone climbs - it always get harvested - my wife wanted to put poison (stupid woman) - says kwao people spray with herbicides - you die or get sick if you come eat without knowing. I have had to raise the fences very high.

I brought them from embu - the one in shags didnt do well - too much water in kericho - it seems to require just about enough water -

In my shags grandad had planted Miraa but theft cases were high so he put numerous traps those that catch wild animals to catch the thieves. When he passed on and dad took over he couldn't keep up with theft so he cut down the Miraa trees not for the theft as he didn't care about Miraa as he loathed it but because thieves used to step and damage on other plants like maize beans as they made their way to Miraa trees. Generally in our area Miraa doesn't do good as North parts. We still have a few family trees kept to provide for the extended family.
Yes too much water is bad for Miraa just enough is good. Spraying with herbicide is a bad isea your own can chew it and I have seen numerous people affected by poisoning so basically people stopped spraying. So now if they catch you stealing they ask you simply if you want to drink uji or choose which limb to be amputated