Author Topic: Law makers engage convicted DCI boss without any shame  (Read 670 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Law makers engage convicted DCI boss without any shame
« on: December 03, 2021, 06:57:20 AM »
Undermining the judiciary. Kinoti should be in Kamiti prison as we speak.

https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/national/article/2001430833/makers-of-the-law-who-dont-mind-hosting-convict-dci-boss-george-kinoti

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Law makers engage convicted DCI boss without any shame
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2021, 01:06:43 PM »
Of course he should be in jail, but it is not the first time the Kenya govt has just ignored court orders. If kenya was a country of law and order uhuru and Ruto would never had been allowed to contest for the presidency in 2013. Now we have to live with the consequences of Chapter 6 being just nice words written in the constituition.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2021, 01:24:02 PM »
Competent court heard and interpreted the constitution on that matter. I think you're just embittered ODMoron. Go read Maina Kia versus UhuRuto judgement. If you have any issues - apply for judicial review.
Of course he should be in jail, but it is not the first time the Kenya govt has just ignored court orders. If kenya was a country of law and order uhuru and Ruto would never had been allowed to contest for the presidency in 2013. Now we have to live with the consequences of Chapter 6 being just nice words written in the constituition.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2021, 01:45:16 PM »
Wacha matusi. Today is Friday and you should leave some anger for your woman kitandani.
I recall the courts throwing back everything to IEBC to decide what should done on candidates facing court cases in court. Now we have a situation where practically nobody even convicted can be prohibited from contesting an electrol seat. The case has to go till the last instant, the Supreme Court for anyone from be barred from contesting. In the normal case, alone a court case is enough.

Competent court heard and interpreted the constitution on that matter. I think you're just embittered ODMoron. Go read Maina Kia versus UhuRuto judgement. If you have any issues - apply for judicial review.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2021, 02:00:09 PM »
I hate when people just muddy the waters so anything therefore goes.
You cannot argue with express orders of the constitution.
Constitution that you voted YES to it.

What do you want IEBC to do - to flout the constitution? or What do you want Courts to do? Amend the constitution for you?

Parliament added that clause to save them during constitution making. Live with it. You voted YES. The beneficiary are all MPS - not UhuRuto alone - if we had that law - which politician in kenya would pass ethical standards.

THIS IS PLAIN ENGLISH - eligibility for MP and PORK AND GOVERNOR.

Article 99
(2) A person is disqualified from being elected a member of Parliament if the person--
(h) is found, in accordance with any law, to have misused or abused a State office or public office or in any way to have contravened Chapter Six.
(3) A person is not disqualified under clause (2) unless all possibility of appeal or review of the relevant sentence or decision has been exhausted.

Wacha matusi. Today is Friday and you should leave some anger for your woman kitandani.
I recall the courts throwing back everything to IEBC to decide what should done on candidates facing court cases in court. Now we have a situation where practically nobody even convicted can be prohibited from contesting an electrol seat. The case has to go till the last instant, the Supreme Court for anyone from be barred from contesting. In the normal case, alone a court case is enough.