Author Topic: Decision Whether Diaspora to Vote in 2022 Is Today  (Read 669 times)

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
Decision Whether Diaspora to Vote in 2022 Is Today
« on: November 30, 2021, 04:32:41 PM »

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Re: Decision Whether Diaspora to Vote in 2022 Is Today
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2021, 04:45:20 PM »
Interesting..waiting..I am conflicted though if I will vote. I feel since I do Not live in kenya I should not impose leaders on kenyans. Let them vote as they wish and face the consequences of their vote. One time I had long conversation with my mum but after I realized my vote would go against her then it dawned on me I would be choosing leaders for her and imposing my will on her even when I won't directly face the consequences of that vote. At point my whole opinion on diaspora voting changed

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2021, 04:59:44 PM »
I think you only vote for presidential seat
Interesting..waiting..I am conflicted though if I will vote. I feel since I do Not live in kenya I should not impose leaders on kenyans. Let them vote as they wish and face the consequences of their vote. One time I had long conversation with my mum but after I realized my vote would go against her then it dawned on me I would be choosing leaders for her and imposing my will on her even when I won't directly face the consequences of that vote. At point my whole opinion on diaspora voting changed

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2021, 05:02:42 PM »

Even that...think if I impose Raila or ruto on my folks. It I'd not fair because they can't impose Biden or Trump on me

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2021, 05:22:55 PM »
In many countries, citizens who live and work out of their countries are allowed to vote. Why not in Kenya?

Even that...think if I impose Raila or ruto on my folks. It I'd not fair because they can't impose Biden or Trump on me

This a personal decision on my side. I am for diaspora voting for everyone else. I do not plan on settling in kenya so my intentions are different
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 05:31:16 PM by KenyanPlato »

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2021, 10:13:00 PM »

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2021, 11:15:12 PM »

Arent you the one who complained that you took a kid to hosp and the kid was not properly diagnosed and ended up dead?
Why wouldnt you want to advocate for a better system?
You know what a better system looks like so voting accountable leadership will make things better.
Kenya needs SHIKUKUs, not BIWWOTTs and a middle class, nothing else.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2021, 11:16:28 PM »
As long as I send money to help various kids and relas, I will vote.