Author Topic: The Mitumba Consortium Association of Kenya  (Read 628 times)

Offline Gikomba_Hawker

• VIP
  • Enigma
The Mitumba Consortium Association of Kenya
« on: November 30, 2021, 03:02:34 AM »
Interesting to see how my industry has become a player on the Kenyan scene.  :D

The Mitumba Consortium Association of Kenya launches a report on the state of the second-hand clothes and footwear trade in Kenya
https://thewiseafricanblog.wordpress.com/2021/03/05/the-mitumba-consortium-association-of-kenya-of-kenya-launches-a-report-on-the-state-of-the-second-hand-clothes-and-footwear-trade-in-kenya/
Don't steal. The Uhuruto Government hates competition.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
Re: The Mitumba Consortium Association of Kenya
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2021, 04:02:29 PM »
They should use the money they make to start garment factories, otherwise it is going nowhere in a decades or tow.

Where is the raw materials to make garmets? You need cheap labor , power and materials Kenya has none of that

Bangladesh and most of Asian countries have all these
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 05:43:23 PM by KenyanPlato »

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2021, 05:20:57 PM »
Mitumba is one of the biggest businesses in Africa today. Only few players import those clothes and make huge profits. New players are blocked by port authorities. Try importing one container of mitumba and you will see the fees and tax you will made to pay at the port. In the end you will leave the container to be auctioned at the port.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2021, 05:33:14 PM »
Rwanda did this. I also agree. We need to ban mitumba.
They should use the money they make to start garment factories, otherwise it is going nowhere in a decades or tow.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2021, 05:34:37 PM »
Container of mitumba is very expensive and hot cake to be stolen. The same with tires. In my trucking business I would avoid such. Many are taken to Uganda and then diverted back.
Mitumba is one of the biggest businesses in Africa today. Only few players import those clothes and make huge profits. New players are blocked by port authorities. Try importing one container of mitumba and you will see the fees and tax you will made to pay at the port. In the end you will leave the container to be auctioned at the port.

Offline Gikomba_Hawker

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2021, 06:05:12 PM »
For me and my fellow hawkers, the main concern right now is finding the cause of the fires that we're experiencing in Gikomba.

Property worth millions destroyed in latest Gikomba fire, police say
https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/counties/article/2001430453/property-worth-millions-destroyed-in-latest-gikomba-fire-police-say
Don't steal. The Uhuruto Government hates competition.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2021, 06:56:28 PM »
For me and my fellow hawkers, the main concern right now is finding the cause of the fires that we're experiencing in Gikomba.

Property worth millions destroyed in latest Gikomba fire, police say
https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/counties/article/2001430453/property-worth-millions-destroyed-in-latest-gikomba-fire-police-say

Jealous plays a big part in this.
I have a friend whose been doing this for years and she brings in a container at a time.
Your association needs to look at long term not a year or two.