Author Topic: Kisii town - look bigger than Nyeri or Meru  (Read 2262 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Kisii town - look bigger than Nyeri or Meru
« on: September 04, 2021, 10:49:41 PM »
KURA and Ongwae need to pave the inner roads though

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Kisii town - look bigger than Nyeri or Meru
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2021, 11:19:12 PM »
Even Thika Town is bigger than Kiambu Town.
Whats uour point ?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2021, 11:28:28 PM »
My point is simple. After the big 5 - Nairobi (including all the metros), Mombasa, Kisumu,Nakuru, Eldoret - the next would be Nyeri, Meru, Kisii - appears to me - Kisii has some edge. It very close to my home area but never been there...been just to Nyansiongo...few kilometers from Sotik.  There are many towns close to them...Malindi, Garissa, Isiolo, Embu, Kericho, Narok, Bungoma, Kakamega, Migori, Naivasha, Nanyuki?

Thika, Ruiru, Kiambu, Kitengela, and soon even Machakos have been swallowed by Nairobi. It almost academic where those cities are and where Nairobi city is...but for theoretical purpose soon thika and ruiru will become cities..just like tatu and northland...cities in "quotes"

Whats uour point ?

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2021, 11:46:49 PM »

Thika town is bigger than Nyeri town . Town sizes vary due to many factors.
Its evident what point you were trying to drive. You need for once to remove that competetive thought in your head. Its noy always about Us vs them.You could just have appreciated Kissii town for what it is.

My point is simple. After the big 5 - Nairobi (including all the metros), Mombasa, Kisumu,Nakuru, Eldoret - the next would be Nyeri, Meru, Kisii - appears to me - Kisii has some edge. It very close to my home area but never been there...been just to Nyansiongo...few kilometers from Sotik.  There are many towns close to them...Malindi, Garissa, Isiolo, Embu, Kericho, Narok, Bungoma, Kakamega, Migori, Naivasha, Nanyuki?

Thika, Ruiru, Kiambu, Kitengela, and soon even Machakos have been swallowed by Nairobi. It almost academic where those cities are and where Nairobi city is...but for theoretical purpose soon thika and ruiru will become cities..just like tatu and northland...cities in "quotes"

Whats uour point ?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2021, 11:55:09 PM »
Thika is part of Nairobi Metro. You're like ODM crew trying to sandbox me. You have a big problem with my fiercely independent thought process. You're trying to put me in a box. There is no box big enough to fit me. You probably think I hate GEMA :) or kikuyus. No my friend - I grew up again supporting DP - from Nyeri with kina John Keen - and wakina Tabitha Seii. I married GEMA.My father was most pro-Kikuyu person I know of - but when it came to marriage - he drew the line - he likeds them as business partners :) but when I brought my wife - he said NO :) - and in a few weeks attempted to set me up with kalenjin girl :) - and when I insisted - he accepted.

Stop the NONSENSE. I am fiercely independent thinker. I support Ruto but I am not his slave of any shade.

I have never voted for a Kalenjin in PORK. I am waiting for 2022 with a baited breath :)

Look at idiot like you - all you life you have supported Kikuyus ONLY - and now because for first time you're in rut - you want to force us to some narrative. My own brother - has been Raila guy since 2007 - my father could never stand Raila - we argue - we disagree - we drink our beer -and life moves on.

End of the day - nobody is right - nobody is wrong - we are all supporting thugs and criminals - with little in realistic choices.

Its evident what point you were trying to drive. You need for once to remove that competetive thought in your head. Its noy always about Us vs them.You could just have appreciated Kissii town for what it is.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2021, 12:01:29 AM »

Whenever you want it to fit your narrative you always come with these terminologies Cosmopolitan or Metro.
I dont think you hate GEMA , I think you are very competitive to a point which is unhealthy. What was the point of comparing Kissii with Nyeri and Meru Towns. and not lets say Kitale or Malindi ?
RV Pundit we can see through your posts . Punguza Mashindano.

Thika is part of Nairobi Metro. You're like ODM crew trying to sandbox me. You have a big problem with my fiercely independent thought process. You're trying to put me in a box. There is no box big enough to fit me. You probably think I hate GEMA :) or kikuyus. No my friend - I grew up again supporting DP - from Nyeri with kina John Keen - and wakina Tabitha Seii. I married GEMA.

Stop the NONSENSE. I am fiercely independent thinker. I support Ruto but I am not his slave of any shade.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2021, 12:03:55 AM »
I am hear to learn. I throw baits. I wanted Njuri to tell me how Meru is great. I have never been to Kisii, Meru and Nyeri. If we say everything is nice - what is this forum for? We can as well close it.

We are here to learn something....Njuri for example convinced me Meru is big town...never been there. I have been to Embu so many times of course.

Whenever you want it to fit your narrative you always come with these terminologies Cosmopolitan or Metro.
I dont think you hate GEMA , I think you are very competitive to a point which is unhealthy. What was the point of comparing Kissii with Nyeri and Meru Towns. and not lets say Kitale or Malindi ?
RV Pundit we can see through your posts . Punguza Mashindano.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2021, 10:44:41 AM »
Which is bigger Nairobi or dar es salaam? Depends on who you ask,I habe been to both which is bigger depends on the criteria you use pundit. From your post I can tell you didn't study urban geography or spatial planning either through GIS  or elsewhere.
Simply to answer my first question,I can use the classical classification/interpretation that is which is dense and sparse. Nairobi is more dense as having more concentration of buildings and infrastructure but dar es salaam is sparse covers a wide range and bigger population.
Back to Meru Nyeri and Kisii. Never been to Kisii but Meru compared to Nyeri,Nyeri is more dense and concentrate d while Meru is sparse and covers a wide area.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2021, 11:10:44 AM »
Pundit this is just a section of Meru City around the Kinoru  stadium which is  about 2Km from city centre please let me hear you feedback.The area covered is called Kinoru.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2021, 11:49:20 AM »
Ruiru was dying but now is benefitting from the expansion from Bypass and NIBS Kimbo which are running out of space. Even from Kahawa West.

The Korean guys doing hair have sustained the town too with their 10,000 casuals.

Juja has been more robust than Ruiru.  The concentration of government officials in places like Ruiru, Embu, Murang'a pushes away hustlers thus the explosion of places like NIBS/Kimbo, Juja, Kenol, Chaka, Mwea, Kanduyi, Matayos, Rodi Kopany, Mtwapa where hustlers can easily operate away from sumbua government ticks.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2021, 01:40:50 PM »
I had watched this earlier. Anyway I didnt get a straight answer but I am inclined to say 1) Meru 2) Kisii 3) Nyeri -  Anyway I need to visit those places...Nyahuruu..Nayuki..Nyeri..Meru and Isiolo. Then Kisii - Migori - Isebania and Homabya. That should complete kenya for me. I have been to the rest of kenya...ohoo Kitale and Kapenguria bado.
Pundit this is just a section of Meru City around the Kinoru  stadium which is  about 2Km from city centre please let me hear you feedback.The area covered is called Kinoru.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2021, 01:44:26 PM »
Korean guys doing hair? Which one is that.

Nairobi Metro will eventually swallow all these mini towns - and but yes they need to be made cities or boroughs - and they need decent CBDS - so thika, ruiru, juja, kiambu, ruaka, Kikuyu, Ngong, Kiserian, Ongata Rongai, Kitengela, Mavoko, Ruai, Kamulu, Joksa - and even Matuu - are the future cities within the city.

The army guy running Nairobi City - should be a former ministry of Nairobi Metropolitan.

They should not be doing carbo in Nairobi - hiyo ni kazi ya Kanzo.

But doing big things like planning metro railway - and building roads - planning those future cities.

The same with Mombasa - we need Nairobi and Mombasa Metro Ministry - to focus on these two as future growth centers - Nairobi Metro can hold upto 15m - population in a decade...that is already 25 of kenya - and Mombasa can do 5m - or 10 percent - so together they represent huge population.

These metropolis are beyond counties...and need national gov support and intervention.

Ruiru was dying but now is benefitting from the expansion from Bypass and NIBS Kimbo which are running out of space. Even from Kahawa West.

The Korean guys doing hair have sustained the town too with their 10,000 casuals.

Juja has been more robust than Ruiru.  The concentration of government officials in places like Ruiru, Embu, Murang'a pushes away hustlers thus the explosion of places like NIBS/Kimbo, Juja, Kenol, Chaka, Mwea, Kanduyi, Matayos, Rodi Kopany, Mtwapa where hustlers can easily operate away from sumbua government ticks.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2021, 01:57:50 PM »
I had watched this earlier. Anyway I didnt get a straight answer but I am inclined to say 1) Meru 2) Kisii 3) Nyeri -  Anyway I need to visit those places...Nyahuruu..Nayuki..Nyeri..Meru and Isiolo. Then Kisii - Migori - Isebania and Homabya. That should complete kenya for me. I have been to the rest of kenya...ohoo Kitale and Kapenguria bado.
From youtube aerial view my analysis is that using density and population 1)Kisii 2)Nyeri 3) Meru
By using infrastructure and area 1)Meru 2)Nyeri 3)Kisii.
I bet the living standard also Meru would beat the 2 hands down.Kisii appears more like Mumbai or a city in india and Meru Nyeri would be more of a city in Europe :) not really but .....

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2021, 02:13:00 PM »
Meru shida ni Isiolo - hiyo LAPSET - mean gov will not invest much there. Otherwise it needs an international airport, a big referal hospital, and big university - and It could be on it's way a city.

It also need couple of tall buildings - maybe few 20 floors business districts.

How is the FUsion Capital - mall going?

Anyway I am not optimistic about growth of those 3 towns - they are in very agriclutural rich land - so land is very expensive and fragmented.

Isiolo, Nayuki, Narok, Malindi, Voi, such places will grow...end of DAY HUGE LAND OF EXPANSION...preferably in dry places where land is very cheap.

The land is what has constrained kisumu growth - while Nakuru, Eldoret, Nairobi and Mombasa sit in places where you can get thousands acres of land easily.

From youtube aerial view my analysis is that using density and population 1)Kisii 2)Nyeri 3) Meru
I bet the living standard also Meru would beat the 2 hands down.Kisii appears more like Mumbai or a city in india and Meru Nyeri would be more of a city in Europe :) not really but .....

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2021, 05:20:20 PM »
Meru shida ni Isiolo - hiyo LAPSET - mean gov will not invest much there. Otherwise it needs an international airport, a big referal hospital, and big university - and It could be on it's way a city.

It also need couple of tall buildings - maybe few 20 floors business districts.

How is the FUsion Capital - mall going?

Anyway I am not optimistic about growth of those 3 towns - they are in very agriclutural rich land - so land is very expensive and fragmented.

Isiolo, Nayuki, Narok, Malindi, Voi, such places will grow...end of DAY HUGE LAND OF EXPANSION...preferably in dry places where land is very cheap.

The land is what has constrained kisumu growth - while Nakuru, Eldoret, Nairobi and Mombasa sit in places where you can get thousands acres of land easily.

How isiolo?part of Isiolo is in meru county almost half of it. Again the airport lies between the two counties and only control tower is in Isiolo,all other land where the airport can expand is in Meru county.
Let me tell you something small,Meru has land and time. The entire North is sparsely occupied. Money is only lacking. County government has already zoned areas it wants to build new modern towns in the north. Those towns will outgrow meru itself in future. Look at lappset all key roads rail will pass through Meru north people are just waiting hapo ndio utaona towns growing from nowhere, at breakneck speed, Kachiuru,Ndumuru, Kinna etc among others, Pundit use google maps and check those dusty village markets and remember me in 10years time.
Rumor has it Ruto has about 100acres in Meru next to airport,kalenjins also mysteriously on paper own land along the lapsett corridor,very interesting,whats not interesting is obviously they wont develop or see that land but hope to sell it to kenha/lapsset we will see.
Fusion capital well Meru is a hard place to crack people still conservative and traditional,imagine Timau a small town has a mall whereas Meru doesn't have but there are 3 major ones ongoing,I wouldn't count on Merus being frequent visitors there due to the mentioned factors.
All said and done lets look into the lapsett corridor am planning on acquiring 1,000 acres in next 2 years and building myself a town name it after myself,you can invest pundit i might as well name one street after you :)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2021, 05:44:09 PM »
Yes Lapset is long play. I think I will try to get to Lamu. Safaricom are selling few plots. If South Sudan can complete their road from Loki to Juba - about 300km - and kenya build Isiolo to Lokichar to join the existing road - then it's game on.

Also missing is Garissa to Isiolo.

Gov need to continue making investment in Lapsset corridor - eventually it will pay off - in 10-20yrs

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2021, 05:51:47 PM »
Yes Lapset is long play. I think I will try to get to Lamu. Safaricom are selling few plots. If South Sudan can complete their road from Loki to Juba - about 300km - and kenya build Isiolo to Lokichar to join the existing road - then it's game on.

Also missing is Garissa to Isiolo.

Gov need to continue making investment in Lapsset corridor - eventually it will pay off - in 10-20yrs
Tembea Kenya,Garrisa to Isiolo is underway through Modogashe and habaswein. If all goes to plan it will be done cop 2022