Author Topic: Kenyan woman dumps guy to "find herself"  (Read 622 times)

Offline Gikomba_Hawker

• VIP
  • Enigma
Kenyan woman dumps guy to "find herself"
« on: August 24, 2021, 04:29:40 PM »
Wow. A woman tells the guy to take a hike so that she can get a better handle on herself. Understandable, I guess. Why be in a relationship or marriage if you feel you're not ready? But still, something about this story sounded like something you would see in a Western country (at least the way it has been presented). I wonder who had the more "prestigious" job, the woman or the guy? The guy is a news anchor (not bad). :D

It's impossible to know what was the real issue. Only the couple really knows, I guess. Anyway, it's best to get married if the two people genuinely like each other, of course.

Trevor, pole.

Trevor Ombija dumped after a decade
https://www.the-star.co.ke/print/wordios-page-nineteen/2021-08-24-trevor-ombija-dumped-after-a-decade/
Don't steal. The Uhuruto Government hates competition.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Kenyan woman dumps guy to "find herself"
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2021, 04:33:49 PM »
Empowered women - now with all the money and education - are not going to settle for less. If you want no drama - as a man - marry down - a few notches down - otherwise prepare to measure to very high standards. Or raise your standard - if she get a master - please get a phd - if she goes for phd - go for another phd :) - if she gets 10m - try to get 40m. Otherwise, prepare to be equal - which for most relationships is hard - men feel they have to be on top - and in charge.

Offline Gikomba_Hawker

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2021, 04:44:57 PM »
Wow, I must say there was something really refreshing about the story against the Kenyan context, despite the guy's loss.

We've seen what has happened to some Kenyan couples after they arrive in America. In many cases, the woman starts to make more than the hubby and guess what? You cannot talk to her like back in Kenya. Show her some respect! :D

Empowered women - now with all the money and education - are not going to settle for less. If you want no drama - as a man - marry down - a few notches down - otherwise prepare to measure to very high standards. Or raise your standard - if she get a master - please get a phd - if she goes for phd - go for another phd :) - if she gets 10m - try to get 40m. Otherwise, prepare to be equal - which for most relationships is hard - men feel they have to be on top - and in charge.
Don't steal. The Uhuruto Government hates competition.

Offline RV Kirgit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2021, 05:29:36 PM »
This looks like black/European woman thing.... More like Soros funded women empowerment that began in Beijing!

You rarely see this among Asian/Arabs couples....

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2021, 05:32:42 PM »

Once Midlife crisis hit she will end up settling for less ot be alone.

Wow. A woman tells the guy to take a hike so that she can get a better handle on herself. Understandable, I guess. Why be in a relationship or marriage if you feel you're not ready? But still, something about this story sounded like something you would see in a Western country (at least the way it has been presented). I wonder who had the more "prestigious" job, the woman or the guy? The guy is a news anchor (not bad). :D

It's impossible to know what was the real issue. Only the couple really knows, I guess. Anyway, it's best to get married if the two people genuinely like each other, of course.

Trevor, pole.

Trevor Ombija dumped after a decade
https://www.the-star.co.ke/print/wordios-page-nineteen/2021-08-24-trevor-ombija-dumped-after-a-decade/

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2021, 05:59:24 PM »
But those culture disempower women; I am raising a girl; I dont want to imagine she will feel less than boys; this dilemma of our time; New man has to adjust to new woman who will be earning as much, as educated as much
But marriage is really free will - there are women out there - who will respect and adore you - go for them - if you value those aspects.

Obviously do not marry someone earning higher or equal to you - and cheat :) - you will be dumped or she will also cheat on you kimadharua.

If you're like most of us - men in transition - not modern - not old school - marry many social strata down - just marry a simple nurse or teacher - and enjoy your life as man - but be prepared to pay all the bills.

If you want someone who will pay half the bills - then go for educated career woman - and prepare for the drama - if you act like your father did to your mother.

This looks like black/European woman thing.... More like Soros funded women empowerment that began in Beijing!

You rarely see this among Asian/Arabs couples....