Author Topic: Is cbc implementation this bad  (Read 598 times)

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Is cbc implementation this bad
« on: August 22, 2021, 03:40:29 PM »
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10216422252863751&id=1679037779

Njenga offers solution to get it scrapped. I think we need to invest  more on quality public education and minimize private education. We should levy a tax on each household to be used to build school infrastructure and pay teachers. Cbc to me seems like an attempt to rewind the clocks

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Is cbc implementation this bad
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2021, 03:46:07 PM »
I dont know of CBC but I now know 8-4-4 was not working.
My kid started with 8-4-4 and I thought it was great - they did a lot of things - like we did
Lots of rote learning.
Until I moved her to Cambridge education systems.
Her workload reduced drastically - infact rarely do homework
But her brain opened up - because she was being thought to critical think.

Rote learning doesnt work.

IF CBC is like Cambridge - go for it. It's appear similar - model wise - but do away with rote learning

And focus on STEM - Maths, English and Science - the rest are not very neccessary.

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
Re: Is cbc implementation this bad
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2021, 09:05:49 PM »
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10216422252863751&id=1679037779

Njenga offers solution to get it scrapped. I think we need to invest  more on quality public education and minimize private education. We should levy a tax on each household to be used to build school infrastructure and pay teachers. Cbc to me seems like an attempt to rewind the clocks

Nope chief, go back to the drawing board. In the third world public education does not work, anything public fails automatically because we are a low trust society with no shared ethical values. New taxes are a non starter. We are up to our necks in taxes, we don't have a revenue problem in this country, we waste too much on the wrong kind of expenditures, on feeding ugly bloated oily faced creatures called waheshimiwa, on fraud, duplication and corruption.

Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.