Author Topic: NHIF like housing - Uhuru fails  (Read 1747 times)

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: NHIF like housing - Uhuru fails
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2021, 11:03:03 AM »
You started a good conversation and now you end up with matusi. Sound more like Gemstone Muthama rather than Mukisa Kituyi.

So now are we to discuss NHIF or the failings of the Bukusu as a people?

I give many suggestions. The zero-cost option. Privatize all hospitals in Bungoma like Tranzoia governor has started. Make them independent. Then stop funding them. Use the money to give every Bungoma resident an NHIF cover. Bungoma has 2M residents - on average of 6 people per household - we are talking about 300,000 households. Give each 500 per month or 6000 per annum.

Annual Wangamati needs 1.8B to give every Bungoma resident NHIF cover.

Then reduce the health budget by 1.8B - most counties normally target to collect 500-1B from user fees (50 bob paid) - so you see the gap is very small.

Bungoma residents can then choose to go  Lumboka Memorial :) or Bungoma District Hospital.

Bungoma 2021 budget for health -6    Health    3,118,411,022 (recurrent)     256,088,089 (dev)     3,374,499,111 (total). Half the budget is all you need - and then rest of the money - you can use to subsidize construction of NEW hospitals.....otherwise hand the rest to KIBABII university or independent hospitals boards.

You elected an actuary but like anybody infected with Odingaism - he has totally lost the plot.  Ni kukunywa busaa tu and dancing to Rhumba - and marrying many wifes- Omwami :)

Ruto will bring back LUSAKA - and FIX THESE BASIC THINGS

Wangamati like you is just usual OMWAMI - BIG TALK - NO ACTION.

Mukhisa Kituyi style - halafu - next unapata ni BUSAA and POVERTY NDIO IMEKITI.

Bukusu mutu bure kabisa - my nandi friend - use to tell me his father occasionally whip them :)

At least Maragoli is very hardworking - Bukusu ni kama jaluo tu - MAKELELE PRIDE and ZERO DEVELOPMENT -  even basic things like fencing homestead hawezi - even improving their cows - from old ZEBUS - HAWEZI

Kikuyu ndio imecolonize Bungoma, Kanduyi and Chwele all the way to Kiminini - even Matatus or Lorries - it either Nandi or Kikuyu. Or Mama HaRRIS and few arabs-indians. Bure kabisa. Chwele they wait for Mt elgon food to come down. Bure

Mtu bladfackin

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: NHIF like housing - Uhuru fails
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2021, 11:30:29 AM »
They are independent. We can do both. I rather we stick to finding solution to our health. There is nothing that prevents Kenya from having NHS or German-like system. Our nurses/doctors/medicine are cheap;we can find something appropriate.

Tell us about Germany and how Bungoma can do it.

Healthcare in Germany is funded by statutory contributions, ensuring free healthcare for all.

Germany has a universal[1] multi-payer health care system paid for by a combination of statutory health insurance (Gesetzliche Krankenversicherung) and private health insurance (Private Krankenversicherung)

Lesson no 1: We cannot have arbitrary figure set in Mois time of 1700 deduction - it needs to be a percentage of income - say 2 percent - and that would translate for MP - to 12,000 per month - and to most people earning 30K - that would translate 600.If we employee matches that - NHIF can get double what it collects - and the jobless would need to pay 200shs - per month to be covered.

I believe Ruto has the handle on this - and will make sure it passes - by removing deadwoods like Atwoli, passing it in parliament and judiciary hopefully will understand why this need to happen

You started a good conversation and now you end up with matusi. Sound more like Gemstone Muthama rather than Mukisa Kituyi.

So now are we to discuss NHIF or the failings of the Bukusu as a people?