Author Topic: Conservation Scam  (Read 1078 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Conservation Scam
« on: August 01, 2021, 12:30:17 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/1265753982/posts/10227251056323294/
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Conservation Scam
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2021, 12:40:17 PM »
I would leave Laikipia alone - because it's going to be hard to take that land without sending wrong signals.

Kenya 2/3 land is empty. We need to think how we can shift the land hungry to Turkana or Marsabit or Mandera.

Look at this video - this guy at some point drive for 3 days in Turkana without seeing anybody - this semi-arid land that can host animals and ranches - is free.

All it need is roads and basic infrastructure - and you can go buy yourself enough land.

Turkana county alone 20 million acres.
Marsabit county has about the same.

So if we focused on fixing Turkana and Marsabit - we could create 40 million acres - and invite local and international ranches.

How do we make this 100m acres available - simple - build more roads - provide more security - mop up illegal guns - and really invest in Northern Kenya.

Create mix of local and international conservasies

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2021, 12:48:54 PM »
I would leave Laikipia alone - because it's going to be hard to take that land without sending wrong signals.

Kenya 2/3 land is empty. We need to think how we can shift the land hungry to Turkana or Marsabit or Mandera.

Look at this video - this guy at some point drive for 3 days in Turkana without seeing anybody - this semi-arid land that can host animals and ranches - is free.

All it need is roads and basic infrastructure - and you can go buy yourself enough land.

Turkana county alone 20 million acres.
Marsabit county has about the same.

So if we focused on fixing Turkana and Marsabit - we could create 40 million acres - and invite local and international ranches.

Laikipia and Samburu Counties are more populated. The ranches are choking negroes of land and pasture. Explains the conflict between farmers and pastoralists

But point is, all this conservation mania is just maintaining colonialists loot. Wildlife is just pulling wool over our face
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2021, 12:52:35 PM »
Not easy problem. Not easy solution. These ones should be left alone. We dont want another zimbwabwe.

Besides those ranches cannot sustain anything except maybe wildlife.
Listen to this video at 9 minutes - : at this point I had not seen a human being for 3 days. Immediately the guy cross to Ethiopia - there is lots of human activities
Laikipia and Samburu Counties are more populated. The ranches are choking negroes of land and pasture. Explains the conflict between farmers and pastoralists

But point is, all this conservation mania is just maintaining colonialists loot. Wildlife is just pulling wool over our face

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2021, 09:03:05 PM »
Not easy problem. Not easy solution. These ones should be left alone. We dont want another zimbwabwe.

Besides those ranches cannot sustain anything except maybe wildlife.
Listen to this video at 9 minutes - : at this point I had not seen a human being for 3 days. Immediately the guy cross to Ethiopia - there is lots of human activities

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2021, 10:25:12 PM »
Which other ideas. Show me I have called for land seizures.

Laikipia -I have clearly said gov should acquire - buy the land - and give it to herders.

In Kericho - that is community land - the NLC has ruled against multinationals - and they need to leave.

As for Nairobi National Park - that is gov land - all we need is to degazette it.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2021, 10:32:49 PM »
"left alone" and "acquire" are mutually exclusive

Go through your rant again and again.

Which other ideas. Show me I have called for land seizures.

Laikipia -I have clearly said gov should acquire - buy the land - and give it to herders.

In Kericho - that is community land - the NLC has ruled against multinationals - and they need to leave.

As for Nairobi National Park - that is gov land - all we need is to degazette it.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2021, 10:40:05 PM »
I dont see any problem with what I said. I clearly said  Not easy problem. Not easy solution. This is not public land. This is private land.

I am solution oriented..you're problem oriented.

Tell how do we solve the problem. If Lewa decide to keep animals in his private ranch - what do you propose we do? We kick out LEWA? without paying (Zimbwabwe)

Even if conservancy do not make money - it's private land.

"left alone" and "acquire" are mutually exclusive

Go through your rant again and again.