Author Topic: 80 Billion Expressway swallows taxpayer 16+ billions in the name of lopsided PPP  (Read 1516 times)

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
The myth is that the Kung fu man is fully financing and will recoup his investments through the toll yet billions are being paid out already.

This brings the cost to 80 billion plus.

Taxpayers will spend Sh15.5 billion to compensate landlords and owners of utilities that paved the way for the construction of the Nairobi Expressway.

https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/bd/economy/sh15-5bn-clearing-way-for-nairobi-expressway-3415224

I saw the other day Pundit's lecturer, Flakes complaining of the rabid rent seeking on the expressway. This is another epic ufool heist and endless pit.

The ICT Authority (ICTA) chief executive, Katherine Getao, has claimed that she was threatened with sacking for declining to provide Sh180 million for the relocation of internet cables from the new Nairobi Expressway construction corridor.

https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/bd/economy/ict-authority-threat-over-nairobi-expressway-budget-3399476

I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Yeah I saw that 15B - it stinks. Relocating pipes should not be that expensive. IKO KITU hapa.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Yes Kate Getao is tough cookie - I should know :) - Macharia is feasting on kenyans - we know he feasted on Naivasha SGR - and is certainly making money from Chinese. I hope they get him like Eng Kamau.
The myth is that the Kung fu man is fully financing and will recoup his investments through the toll yet billions are being paid out already.

Taxpayers will spend Sh15.5 billion to compensate landlords and owners of utilities that paved the way for the construction of the Nairobi Expressway.

https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/bd/economy/sh15-5bn-clearing-way-for-nairobi-expressway-3415224

I saw the other day Pundit's lecturer, Flakes complaining of the rabid rent seeking on the expressway. This is another epic ufool heist and endless pit.

The ICT Authority (ICTA) chief executive, Katherine Getao, has claimed that she was threatened with sacking for declining to provide Sh180 million for the relocation of internet cables from the new Nairobi Expressway construction corridor.

https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/bd/economy/ict-authority-threat-over-nairobi-expressway-budget-3399476

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
Coming to a third of SGR. This was enough for expansion of Nairobi's rail system or whatever works for a million Nairobians. Can afford a new direct line to estates along main arteries.

It is laughable that it takes 2 hours plus to get to Githurai or Limuru through the current train routes.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
Of course iko kitu. Just like SGR this project was never put on tender. We were told it will be fully financed privately and now we see what this means. If the relocation of the pipes is to be financed through the public, then the relacation of the pipes has to be tendered. One cannot give the contract to CRBC without any bidding. Maybe another company would have done it at a third of the cost.

Uhuru and the likes of Murathe will eat with the Chinese on this project for the next 30 years. The toll company is a entity of the Chinese and our local Mt Kenya cowboys.

Yeah I saw that 15B - it stinks. Relocating pipes should not be that expensive. IKO KITU hapa.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Agreed. New tricks. New games.
Of course iko kitu. Just like SGR this project was never put on tender. We were told it will be fully financed privately and now we see what this means. If the relocation of the pipes is to be financed through the public, then the relacation of the pipes has to be tendered. One cannot give the contract to CRBC without any bidding. Maybe another company would have done it at a third of the cost.

Uhuru and the likes of Murathe will eat with the Chinese on this project for the next 30 years. The toll company is a entity of the Chinese and our local Mt Kenya cowboys.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Another opportunity loading - what I don't understand is why toll Nakuru-Nairobi-Mau summit - and yet the one leading to Mt kenya is a freeway. We will not accept this. The french can go to hell :)

KeNHA has been holding stakeholder engagements in preparation for the impending construction of the Nairobi - Nakuru - Mau Summit PPP road project.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
Do not lay any hopes in KeNHA. That entity along the Ministry of Transport is in the hands of one community for now almost 15 years. It has nothing to do with the French. It is our local authorities who dictate under what conditions a road should be built or run. You expect KeNHA officials to demand toll on a highway they use every weekend? :D :D :D

Another opportunity loading - what I don't understand is why toll Nakuru-Nairobi-Mau summit - and yet the one leading to Mt kenya is a freeway. We will not accept this. The french can go to hell :)

KeNHA has been holding stakeholder engagements in preparation for the impending construction of the Nairobi - Nakuru - Mau Summit PPP road project.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Well Mombasa-Malaba should be dual carriage freeway. I heard Raila promising this in 2002. It's the most important highway. Why they are yet to dualize the entire 1000km of roads is beyond me. It shouldn't be expensive - and they do it like Salgaa section - slowly - just expand a lane - and within 5yrs the entire road will be dualized.
Do not lay any hopes in KeNHA. That entity along the Ministry of Transport is in the hands of one community for now almost 15 years. It has nothing to do with the French. It is our local authorities who dictate under what conditions a road should be built or run. You expect KeNHA officials to demand toll on a highway they use every weekend? :D :D :D

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
Well Mombasa-Malaba should be dual carriage freeway. I heard Raila promising this in 2002. It's the most important highway. Why they are yet to dualize the entire 1000km of roads is beyond me. It shouldn't be expensive - and they do it like Salgaa section - slowly - just expand a lane - and within 5yrs the entire road will be dualized.

I too wonder why 🤔

Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma

JUST IN: Katherine Getao replaced by Kiprono Ronoh. Getao proceeds on terminal leave.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Yeah she must had to go unless she is now 60yrs. Ronoh was my mentor growing up. He came to our high school as 1st badge of computer science students at UON and inspired me.

JUST IN: Katherine Getao replaced by Kiprono Ronoh. Getao proceeds on terminal leave.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
Such a crazy reward-punishment shitstem. The cream has to leave the scum. Ronoh is likely to be replaced by a Kikuyu who can deliver on the loose monies.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
It seems her three year term was ending in November. Hard to say if the extension of her term was not a punishment.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
From 27 billion, seems it will hit a 100 billion. Despicable heist.

https://nation.africa/kenya/news/nairobi-expressway-cost-rises-to-sh88bn-3718156

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Uhuru iko involved. I think MaDVD has talked about it. He want to cash out for next 30yrs. Bloody dynasties.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
MaDVD is not dynasty?
Uhuru has generated income for the next 5 generations of Kenyattas.

Uhuru iko involved. I think MaDVD has talked about it. He want to cash out for next 30yrs. Bloody dynasties.

Offline sema

• Enigma