Author Topic: Suggestions for Covid isolation place in Nairobi  (Read 2128 times)

Offline Gikomba_Hawker

• VIP
  • Enigma
Suggestions for Covid isolation place in Nairobi
« on: May 22, 2021, 02:24:05 PM »
Does anyone know of a well priced place in Nairobi where someone, if they turn out to be Covid positive, can isolate themselves for 14 days and get meals in addition to accommodation? 

Also, what would be considered a good price for such a place?
Don't steal. The Uhuruto Government hates competition.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Re: Suggestions for Covid isolation place in Nairobi
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2021, 03:53:51 PM »
Ku hospital. Free

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2021, 04:24:51 PM »
Share you phone number , We provide the details...

Does anyone know of a well priced place in Nairobi where someone, if they turn out to be Covid positive, can isolate themselves for 14 days and get meals in addition to accommodation? 

Offline Gikomba_Hawker

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2021, 04:34:50 PM »
 :D

Share you phone number , We provide the details...

Offline Gikomba_Hawker

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2021, 09:24:58 PM »
Another alternative would be to find out where in Nairobi can one find a reliable maid who can cook and care for someone who is self-isolating due to Covid. This person can be provided accommodation in the house. Any tip out there?  :D

Offline Gikomba_Hawker

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2021, 01:30:10 PM »
Relative in Kenya is so far self-isolating well after testing positive for Covid. No symptoms so far. It's been 6 days since they got test and it came out positive. Thank God they had already gotten the first vaccine! This was quite a scare for me.

Some of us are going to have to figure out how to effectively help aging parents in Kenya, where to find reliable house help and so on. It's not easy when you are far away. But it's always helpful to share information when it's available. At least that's how I see it.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2021, 04:25:26 PM »
Isolating at home is the best for those in no need for oxygen.

The main problem is accountability mechanism for reliable house helps. The agents may work but both parties will connive and then bypass agent, then the aged parent is taken through hell as you keep paying directly. The house helps and farm hands can be quite brutal and evil with no accountability mechanism.

In Kenya, there is this nonsense where people managing shit are said to be 'eating money'. Matatu drivers and conductors are said to be eating money😁😎

KTDA clerks and staff - eating money. 😎😁

I knew such a woman though not an agent per se, who was hiring for expatriates in Gigiri but she passed on early this year.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline Gikomba_Hawker

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2021, 04:40:45 PM »
gout,

Thanks for your response.

Yes, you hit it on the head: accountability.

But I did not understand something. Are you saying you agree that people like matatu drivers and conductors steal from their employers? Or are you saying they get wrongly blamed? I wasn't sure from your description.

By the way, what has helped me so far has been my cousins in Nairobi. Without them I do not know what I could have done.

I don't know where one can get someone reliable to help a parent. This is a big problem.

Isolating at home is the best for those in no need for oxygen.

The main problem is accountability mechanism for reliable house helps. The agents may work but both parties will connive and then bypass agent, then the aged parent is taken through hell as you keep paying directly. The house helps and farm hands can be quite brutal and evil with no accountability mechanism.

In Kenya, there is this nonsense where people managing shit are said to be 'eating money'. Matatu drivers and conductors are said to be eating money😁😎

KTDA clerks and staff - eating money. 😎😁

I knew such a woman though not an agent per se, who was hiring for expatriates in Gigiri but she passed on early this year.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2021, 07:26:05 PM »
Try to get as much as possible a poorer relative willing to take care of them for a fee - someone related to you - even if distant. Or someone from your village. There has to be some trust - otherwise it may be risky just hiring anybody out there.
Relative in Kenya is so far self-isolating well after testing positive for Covid. No symptoms so far. It's been 6 days since they got test and it came out positive. Thank God they had already gotten the first vaccine! This was quite a scare for me.

Some of us are going to have to figure out how to effectively help aging parents in Kenya, where to find reliable house help and so on. It's not easy when you are far away. But it's always helpful to share information when it's available. At least that's how I see it.

Offline Gikomba_Hawker

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2021, 12:47:00 AM »
Considering the number of people looking for work, it should not be this difficult to find good domestic help in Kenya.

Look at how Americans utilize Kenyans as home aides.  :)

Try to get as much as possible a poorer relative willing to take care of them for a fee - someone related to you - even if distant. Or someone from your village. There has to be some trust - otherwise it may be risky just hiring anybody out there.

Offline Gikomba_Hawker

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2021, 10:16:15 PM »
I don't know anything about this service. Simply found it after googling.

GoCare
https://gocare.co.ke/

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2021, 04:37:20 AM »

GoCare

:D :D

This fella is so blatant with his advertising.
Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline Gikomba_Hawker

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2021, 11:39:04 AM »
If I see a Kenyan business providing a service that I'm interested in, I will mention it on this forum. That is how people advance. If you have evidence against the business you are free to post it here. In fact, I strongly encourage you to do so. If you know of a rival business that is providing a better service you are free to provide it here.

Some Kenyans amaze me with their reasoning.

Yes, I am very interested in this topic of providing care to elderly family members in Kenya. Shida iko wapi?

GoCare

Offline Gikomba_Hawker

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2021, 11:44:55 AM »
Have no personal experience with this service but found it after googling:

Ujuzi Fursa Africa
http://www.ujuzifursaafrica.com/

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2021, 12:34:31 PM »
Ulisema uko wapi ?

If I see a Kenyan business providing a service that I'm interested in, I will mention it on this forum. That is how people advance. If you have evidence against the business you are free to post it here. In fact, I strongly encourage you to do so. If you know of a rival business that is providing a better service you are free to provide it here.

Yes, I am very interested in this topic of providing care to elderly family members in Kenya. Shida iko wapi?

GoCare

Offline Gikomba_Hawker

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2021, 05:05:58 PM »
Wewe wacha.  :D :D

Ulisema uko wapi ?

GoCare

Offline Gikomba_Hawker

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2021, 05:11:20 PM »

Offline Gikomba_Hawker

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2021, 05:15:28 PM »
This is interesting. Look at the payments they are seeking! They must be targeting the expat community:

Greataupair
https://www.greataupair.com/Senior_Caregiver_Service/Find_Senior_Caregiver/Nairobi+Area/Nairobi+West.htm

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2021, 06:32:36 PM »

You do online business ?
Wewe wacha.  :D :D

Ulisema uko wapi ?

GoCare

Offline Gikomba_Hawker

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2021, 06:51:53 PM »
I work in Gikomba.

My stall is the 33rd one from the main entrance. If you visit me I'll buy you chai and we can talk.

You do online business ?