Author Topic: China GDP grew 19% in Q1  (Read 4515 times)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: China GDP grew 19% in Q1
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2021, 04:56:18 PM »
There are a gazillion threads on Kenya too - especially on development and politics. The US/west domination has not been good for Africa so multipolar is a welcome development.

Btw, why are we so fancinated by the US or China on who is on top? What is there for Kenya and Africa should be the major topicn and not the way we are spectators while others share the world's spoils among themselves.

US will be eclipsed militarily before the economic overtaking. Have you seen the fortified artificial islands in the Spratlies and Paracels? 8) We only lead in conventional arms but 5G, space, EVs and everything else we are behind. You need to understand the Chinese innovative productive prowess is through the roof. They are rolling out those aircraft carriers like jua kali sufurias. Once they become self-sufficient in chips they will dominate hitec. Made in China 2025 is a very realistic plan.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2021, 05:48:17 PM »
Btw, why are we so fancinated by the US or China on who is on top? What is there for Kenya and Africa should be the major topicn and not the way we are spectators while others share the world's spoils among themselves.

US will be eclipsed militarily before the economic overtaking. Have you seen the fortified artificial islands in the Spratlies and Paracels? 8) We only lead in conventional arms but 5G, space, EVs and everything else we are behind. You need to understand the Chinese innovative productive prowess is through the roof. They are rolling out those aircraft carriers like jua kali sufurias. Once they become self-sufficient in chips they will dominate hitec. Made in China 2025 is a very realistic plan.

One thing I can think of is human rights.  The West isn't perfect, but they make noise about human rights.  China does not care if South Sudanese, to pick a random example, wipe out an entire ethnic group.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2021, 05:59:44 PM »

One thing I can think of is human rights.  The West isn't perfect, but they make noise about human rights.  China does not care if South Sudanese, to pick a random example, wipe out an entire ethnic group.
But Termi, the West never cares unless it's in their interest: Just has to be aligned. That's why they can make noise in S. Sudan and then actively give Saudi Arabia weapons to commit genocide in Yemen against a helpless minority. The U.S. plays mercenary human rights. So really, anybody can do that in that position. If a human rights crisis somewhere just happens to be aligned with China's interests there or the interests of whoever is on top, they can also bark. Then they can turn right around and facilitate a genocide as late as 2020. This is why I totally got disillusioned with Western claims about human rights. It seems like nothing but a game. Also, considering just how many conflicts they always end up having a hand in, it just might be that these conflicts could be resolved with regional (it's the neighbours who feel the impact of these genocides/civil wars the most) or even international effort when there isn't an obstructionist single power running the world like a king.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2021, 06:14:51 PM »

But Termi, the West never cares unless it's in their interest: Just has to be aligned. That's why they can make noise in S. Sudan and then actively give Saudi Arabia weapons to commit genocide in Yemen against a helpless minority. The U.S. plays mercenary human rights. So really, anybody can do that in that position. If human rights are aligned with China or whoever is on top, they can also bark. Then they can turn right around and facilitate a genocide as late as 2020. This is why I totally got disillusioned with Western claims about human rights. It seems like nothing but a game. Also, considering just how many conflicts they always end up having a hand in, it just might be that these conflicts could be resolved with regional (it's the nighbours who feel the impact of these genocides/civil wars the most) or even international effort when there isn't an obstructionist single power running the world like a king.

The US is definitely responsible for some serious chaos especially the Middle East.  But when it comes to current black African affairs, I'd rather have them looking over our shoulders than minding their own business.  I'd rather deal with complaints about hegemony, than knowing that there is tiny corner in Africa where people are quietly butchering with no outside meddling.  America can respond to noises, even among its citizenry to eventually step in and do something; China would not give a damn.  2007 PEV would have turned out very differently were it not for pressure from the West.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2021, 04:21:19 AM »
There are a gazillion threads on Kenya too - especially on development and politics. The US/west domination has not been good for Africa so multipolar is a welcome development.

Chinese are like Museveni - be critical of them at your own risk.
That is their strategy.