Author Topic: Museveni Now Food Expert  (Read 2273 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Museveni Now Food Expert
« on: October 24, 2020, 06:56:15 PM »
This happens with almost every autocrat and autocrat-wannabe.  They become "experts" at everything.  What's the psychology behind that?

"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
Re: Museveni Now Food Expert
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2020, 01:45:50 AM »
Museveni is a harmless autocract. One of the funniest trolls who happen to be head of state. His press conferences are hilarious.

Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2020, 02:38:18 AM »
Before I lived in Uganda - I use to think he was bad man - but I have come to understand - he is very intelligent, very committed and very passionate about Uganda. He still pretty much crash political dissident - and is of course a dictator. But an intelligent dictator.

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2020, 03:12:40 AM »
Before I lived in Uganda - I use to think he was bad man - but I have come to understand - he is very intelligent, very committed and very passionate about Uganda. He still pretty much crash political dissident - and is of course a dictator. But an intelligent dictator.

The day he dies UG is in trouble. They need to introduce devolution now to forestall breakup of the country. Museveni's larger than life character and vigilant leadership is what's holding this multi tribal country together.
Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2020, 05:21:40 PM »
In contrast to harmless or even beneficial autocrats like Museveni, Kagame, look at Mugabe, or Mnangagwa, Sisi or those dreadful West African  presidents. Deeply malevolent personalities whose intent is nothing less than social and economic dissolution of  their countries and infliction of maximum punishment on their citizens.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2020, 10:03:04 PM »
They will remember m7 one day. He has been an Ugandan that loves his people  bobbywine and other miscreants are going to implode that place. I love Sebo he has succeeded against all odds. We need someone like him in kenya

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2020, 12:45:24 PM »
He is well rounded philosophically. In life you have to be all rounded. You have to be a nutitionist to make decisions on what is being eaten. You have to be a paditrician to know which fever requires quick hospitalization. You have to an seed scientists to know which seeds to plant.

His questions to those agricultural fools are very relevant - it is the same thing Monsanto did to Mwea Pishori by introducing useless non aromatic rice which is grown all over then leave the Mwea farmers competing with the Pakistanis.

The agricultural scientists admit they were lied to in adopting some of the seeds which is goes back to lack of funding by government forcing the scientists to become beggars to mzungu who  keeps singing about higher productivity. They should have kicked the ball back to Museveni for lack of funding.

Onions produce the chemical irritant known as syn-propanethial-S-oxide. It stimulates the eyes’ lachrymal glands so they release tears. Scientists used to blame the enzyme allinase for the instability of substances in a cut onion. Recent studies from Japan, however, proved that lachrymatory-factor synthase, (a previously undiscovered enzyme) is the culprit (Imani et al, 2002)

https://www.loc.gov/everyday-mysteries/food-and-nutrition/item/why-does-chopping-an-onion-make-you-cry/#:~:text=Onions%20produce%20the%20chemical%20irritant,substances%20in%20a%20cut%20onion.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2020, 04:47:55 PM »

The day he dies UG is in trouble. They need to introduce devolution now to forestall breakup of the country. Museveni's larger than life character and vigilant leadership is what's holding this multi tribal country together.

And also holding it back.  He can quit while still at the top and secure a legacy of peaceful transition of power for the first time.  But he won't.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2020, 04:52:05 PM »
In contrast to harmless or even beneficial autocrats like Museveni, Kagame, look at Mugabe, or Mnangagwa, Sisi or those dreadful West African  presidents. Deeply malevolent personalities whose intent is nothing less than social and economic dissolution of  their countries and infliction of maximum punishment on their citizens.

Alas, they are far from harmless to their victims.  Kagame has closets choke-full of assassinations some including literal decapitations.  Like Museveni, he will a terrible legacy of not planning for his exit.  What's the point of making "progress" that is guaranteed to unravel once you leave the scene?

Harriet Tubman

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2020, 05:16:17 AM »
Alas, they are far from harmless to their victims.  Kagame has closets choke-full of assassinations some including literal decapitations.  Like Museveni, he will a terrible legacy of not planning for his exit.  What's the point of making "progress" that is guaranteed to unravel once you leave the scene?

Approval ratings don't lie. Rwandans genuinely adore that man. He is a militarist with a wicked heart but he is an enlightened despot by any measure. I haven't heard of decapitations, probably fake news. As for legacy, who knows what the future holds, even nominally democratic countries can't hack transitions. It's not given those countries would implode upon their exit. Democracy does not work in Africa, carrying a big stick is what works.

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2020, 05:18:11 AM »
And also holding it back.  He can quit while still at the top and secure a legacy of peaceful transition of power for the first time.  But he won't.

Big African ego. Those old men are the worst, very bossy, authoritarian and boorish.