Author Topic: COVID-19 killing SMES  (Read 3556 times)

Offline patel

• Enigma
Re: COVID-19 killing SMES
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2020, 11:36:16 PM »
Covid money was eaten by kenyatta criminal enterprise. Murathe is just a conduit, conveyor belt for Uhuru. Kenyatta family is trying to take the spotlight off by pinning Murathe and offcourse murathe does not care. He hold no office. At best all you can do is sue him.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2020, 02:05:56 AM »
I saw the hustler complaining about money being stolen and nearly fell out of my chair laughing.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2020, 06:38:27 AM »
Covid money was eaten by kenyatta criminal enterprise. Murathe is just a conduit, conveyor belt for Uhuru. Kenyatta family is trying to take the spotlight off by pinning Murathe and offcourse murathe does not care. He hold no office. At best all you can do is sue him.

So when Murathe eats its Uhuru who has eaten and make sure to remove any ties with Raila . When Murathe endorses Raila - Murathe becomes the " deep state " and Mt Kenya Kingpin . Murathe is now much closer to Raila than you can ever thing and reason being corruption nothing else . They must eat together before 2022 elections as they Know Ruto will be the next president 

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2020, 06:40:41 AM »
I saw the hustler complaining about money being stolen and nearly fell out of my chair laughing.

Well other are not laughing
https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2020-08-25-why-raila-is-under-fire-over-covid-19-billions/

Why Raila is under fire over Covid-19 billions

Raila Odinga’s ODM has found itself in unfamiliar territory and has gone into firefighting mode following allegations that it is part of a massive cover-up of the alleged looting of Covid-19 billions.

The party has been rocked by internal disquiet since Saturday after it released a statement that appeared to downplay apparent, widely reported theft. It accused the media of engaging in a “sensationalist extravaganza with half-baked information".

That's quite unlike the uncompromising corruption-fighter and his warriors of yesteryear.

The internal outrage and public criticism of the go-slow approach forced Raila to issue a fresh statement on Monday to calm the storm.

However, the new communiqué generated even more heat.

“The opposition has not only failed in its mandate but has taken to fertilising impunity and corruption,” rights activist Cyprian Nyamwamu told the Star.

“Since ODM joined Jubilee [with the 2018 handshake], the government has the boldness of tormenting the citizens… the deep state goons can go on and hurt anyone at any time, knowing that the political consequences are negligible.”

Allies of Deputy President William Ruto also appear to have been gifted a perfect opportunity to rubbish Raila’s reform, take-no-prisoners credentials.

Powerful political figures, including a vocal Jubilee politician, are among those who benefited from the Covid-19 cash.

“It is so strange there is no Jubilee leader in the National Assembly or Senate who has come out to defend the Kemsa Covid-19 heist, not even [secretary general Raphael] Tuju. Ironically ODM party leader and SG [Edwin Sifuna] are busy outdoing each other as to who can give the best defence to the looters,” Elgeyo Marakwet Senator Kipchumba Murkomen said.

Raila has over the years built his political profile on uncompromising reforms, anti-corruption, anti-impunity, equality and clean governance.

The Star has established the statement issued by ODM secretary general Sifuna over the weekend was criticised by a number of party bigwigs who saw it as indirect support of the kind of impropriety the party had been fighting all along.

More confounding is the surprise about-turn by the former prime minister on how graft cases should be handled.

Like Sifuna, Raila said that investigating agencies should wait for a thorough audit of the Covid-19 funds before moving in.

On Monday, a record 25 lobby groups demanded President Uhuru Kenyatta urgently address the nation on the allegations of corruption and announce transparency and accountability measures he promises to undertake.

Senate Minority leader James Orengo was the first – within ODM - to punch holes into Sifuna’s statement, saying Kenyans are justified in expressing outrage over the theft of Covid-19 funds.

“I admire [South African President Cyril] Ramaphosa’s understanding of the anger against the people who may have pocketed funds to fight the pandemic," he said referring to South Africa's own corruption problems.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2020, 05:53:58 PM »
These businesses are not coming back till landlords also sober up and renegotiate rents downward even by half. Most MSEs have been living off savings which are now running dry- by December we will have depleted informal borrowing and it will be total burst.

With kids being taken to the villages and out of school, cakes, bread, milk and foodstuff consumption has dipped. A bakery like such easily hits 100+ thousand in power in a month. So with stock not moving for a week, you are done. Court cases will collapse her totally.

People are still struggling to swallow their pride and internalise that this shit has hit businesses hard and some will never recover. Best is to run away from crazy rents- 3,4 months accumulation eats all your assets to auctioneers.

I have guys still holding to stalls despite unavailable mtumba stocks and all they are telling me is how god will see them through.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2020, 08:35:58 AM »
Instead of government formulating a rescue plan for SMEs, they initiated Kazi Mtaani . An ill thought out policy that's not sustainable and does very little to resuscitate the economy.  The true effects of cratered economy is now full blown. 

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2020, 09:07:15 AM »
Yes, it very bad. But landlords also have banks on their neck. Did I read Sphire Bank has 90% default. COVID plus Political mismanagement happening now - will send kenya economy to the dogs.
These businesses are not coming back till landlords also sober up and renegotiate rents downward even by half. Most MSEs have been living off savings which are now running dry- by December we will have depleted informal borrowing and it will be total burst.

With kids being taken to the villages and out of school, cakes, bread, milk and foodstuff consumption has dipped. A bakery like such easily hits 100+ thousand in power in a month. So with stock not moving for a week, you are done. Court cases will collapse her totally.

People are still struggling to swallow their pride and internalise that this shit has hit businesses hard and some will never recover. Best is to run away from crazy rents- 3,4 months accumulation eats all your assets to auctioneers.

I have guys still holding to stalls despite unavailable mtumba stocks and all they are telling me is how god will see them through.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2020, 09:24:26 AM »
Yes, it very bad. But landlords also have banks on their neck. Did I read Sphire Bank has 90% default. COVID plus Political mismanagement happening now - will send kenya economy to the dogs.

Just as it happened with MOI in the 90s with corruption ,, like  Foreign aid and borrowing coupled with death of critical sectors the likes of  Tourism and Cash crops main foreign exhange earners . Same thing is happening Now . The next president (All indicators pointing out to Rut) will have an easy time resurrecting the economy once favorable conditions stabilizes  - Kibaki became the President at the right time , he is seen to have performed because Kenyans had been conditioned to think things will never improve .

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2020, 10:23:47 AM »
This is a myth. The data we have is that most loans are for household consumption and car loans. Most properties are built hard cash.
Except for few upcoming estates and corporately financed properties, rest are loan free by slum lords. Probably as collateral.

I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2020, 09:15:38 PM »
 The rental market is already correcting itself. Vacancy rates are rising and new tenants are paying cheaper rates. CBD is now littered with signs of vacancy even in formally prime areas. The office rental market is especially hard hit. Places like South B, apartments that were fetching 40k are now about 25k.
Most of the SMEs have  closed or will close for good. New business models are a must to survive in this economy.