Author Topic: Corona Virus  (Read 4437 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Corona Virus
« on: January 29, 2020, 04:29:07 PM »
We will have more of this as long as Kung Fu eat everything that moves
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
Re: Corona Virus
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2020, 08:31:16 PM »
Unfortunately its not the food rather changes in climate. You see some of the virus have been coverred either by permafrost or forests. As these die, these virus have to find a home.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 09:40:25 PM »
Zerohedge suggests,with more than speculation, that this virus was created in the lab.

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/man-behind-global-coronavirus-pandemic
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 10:19:37 PM »
Zerohedge suggests,with more than speculation, that this virus was created in the lab.

Color me skeptical.  None of these folks seem to know what they are talking about.  Three blind men and an elephant.

I found this picture "suggesting the source" hilarious. 

That is virtually any market in any developing country.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 12:19:48 AM »
Maybe this will add more juice to yet another "deadly virus escapes top-secret government-funded laboratory!, humans at risk!" story.   Maybe the virus wasn't created in China.   Supposedly, Chinese spies stole the virus in Canada.   

Conspiracy theories also abound. A CBC News report about the Canadian government deporting Chinese scientists who worked in a Winnipeg lab that studies dangerous pathogens was distorted on social media to suggest that they were spies who had smuggled out coronaviruses.
https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/01/mining-coronavirus-genomes-clues-outbreak-s-origins

The recent outbreak of a new and potentially deadly coronavirus in China has, unsurprisingly, kicked off a deluge of misinformation and conspiracy theories … That hasn’t stopped an outbreak of nonsense and conspiracy theories. On Sunday, the Washington Times  —  a paper with a distinct ideological bent — published an article claiming that the virus’ outbreak could be linked to a military lab in Wuhan. 
https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/01/29/coronavirus-china-lab-mortality-virology-wuhan-virus-not-bioweapon

Or maybe it escaped from the UK, from a "top-secret" lab funded by Bill Gates (who apparently masquerades as a do-gooder).   Yes, even Bill Gates has been dragged in and flayed.  He has given substantial funding to the allegedly secretive Pirbright Institute, which plays around with such viruses.    The institute has been forced to issue a statement:

The Pirbright Institute is aware that misinformation regarding the Institute and its research is circulating on social media following an outbreak of a new (novel) coronavirus that infects humans in Wuhan, China. These are the facts regarding our coronavirus research and funding.

The Pirbright Institute carries out research on infectious bronchitis virus (IBV), a coronavirus that infects poultry, and porcine delta coronavirus that infects pigs. Pirbright does not currently work with human coronaviruses.

The Institute holds Patent no. 10130701 which covers the development of an attenuated (weakened) form of the coronavirus that could potentially be used as a vaccine to prevent respiratory diseases in birds and other animals. Many vaccines are made in this way, from flu to polio. We have not yet developed an IBV vaccine, but research is ongoing.

The Institute is strategically funded by the Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council, part of UK Research and Innovation (BBSRC UKRI) and also receives funding from many other organisations including the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. The patented work was not funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
https://www.pirbright.ac.uk/news/2020/01/pirbright’s-livestock-coronavirus-research-–-your-questions-answered
(See pirbright’s-livestock-coronavirus-research-–-your-questions-answered)

bitmask: Indeed.   I doubt that anyone who has actually spent time in China would be peddling such stories.   From my observations, given the tendency to eat anything that can be chewed combined the astonishingly filthy food markets and unhygienic handling of food in quite a few places in China, the only surprise here is that this sort of thing isn't happening all the time.

Better get your mask and tinfoil suit ready.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2020, 12:46:39 PM »
Suggestions from various quarters that Kung Fu is fudging numbers
https://www.zerohedge.com/health/did-chinas-tencent-accidentally-leak-true-terrifying-coronavirus-statistics

I also watched ABC News and a scientist said as much.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2020, 12:47:30 PM »

Color me skeptical.  None of these folks seem to know what they are talking about.  Three blind men and an elephant.

It has ALWAYS been like that so why now and not any other time in the past?

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2020, 05:52:54 PM »

That's a reasonable question.  Could be that we have always had such things and even worse happening in the past but in a less connected and informed world.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2020, 01:12:43 AM »

When you say "why now and not at any other time in the past", what exactly are you referring to?   If you mean a coronavirus (starting with people eating weird things in filthy conditions) causing mayhem in China and related areas (and then to other places in the world), then you must have already forgotten about things like SARS:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Severe_acute_respiratory_syndrome

If mean some nasty things hopping (through eating) from animals to human, those are not uncommon in China; but they tend to be of a type that don't go from human to human and so never get much attention.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2020, 02:15:28 AM »
https://www.zerohedge.com/health/did-chinas-tencent-accidentally-leak-true-terrifying-coronavirus-statistics

That could all well be true---only time will tell---but if I may ask: where did Tencent and your ABC-scientist buddy get their numbers, and why should they be believed?  (I am assuming that those screenshots have indeed been verified and are not the usual mischief that some Chinese get into, on social media, when trying to claim malfeasance by their government.)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2020, 07:32:55 AM »

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2020, 07:36:19 AM »

That could all well be true---only time will tell---but if I may ask: where did Tencent and your ABC-scientist buddy get their numbers, and why should they be believed?  (I am assuming that those screenshots have indeed been verified and are not the usual mischief that some Chinese get into, on social media, when trying to claim malfeasance by their government.)

Tencent got it from wherever it has been getting the other data; government of course. They are not to be believed,she just reflects skepticism over the numbers Kung Fu man is churning out. There was a Lancet paper with its projections, there are epidemic models,but most importantly, China is keeping a tight leash on any information on the epidemic

Offline Garliv

• Mega superstar
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2020, 01:09:32 PM »
China may be fudging numbers. I think they are. Any government would. Because no one wants to create panic or hysteria.
But also there are lots of hysteria and pure propaganda especially on social media and some western media which of course want to portray China in a certain way for their own reasons.

The most reasonable assessment I have heard is that it has reached its peak and within a month it will be contained. Cannot verify it, but that sounds fair enough.

But SARS came from China. Now Corona. And i think there like two others. Why?

Tencent got it from wherever it has been getting the other data; government of course. They are not to be believed,she just reflects skepticism over the numbers Kung Fu man is churning out. There was a Lancet paper with its projections, there are epidemic models,but most importantly, China is keeping a tight leash on any information on the epidemic

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2020, 09:45:20 PM »
China may be fudging numbers. I think they are. Any government would. Because no one wants to create panic or hysteria.
But also there are lots of hysteria and pure propaganda especially on social media and some western media which of course want to portray China in a certain way for their own reasons.

The most reasonable assessment I have heard is that it has reached its peak and within a month it will be contained. Cannot verify it, but that sounds fair enough.

But SARS came from China. Now Corona. And i think there like two others. Why?

Any government would fudge numbers of an epidemic so China is just doing what anyone else would?

Why is assuming it has peaked reasonable? Because China has slashed the number of new infections,a totally bullshit parameter because there is fear of testing lest you get infected as you are quarantined,China reportedly can only test 3,000 at most a day.

Trump has been peddling the weather BS,that warmer weather will kill it off. It is unsubstantiated.

Offline Garliv

• Mega superstar
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2020, 10:05:59 PM »
I got it from Chinese government official figures. Then WHO doesn't support hysteria or that it's becoming uncontrollable. Then official US who claim to have data on everything and monitoring the situation says as much. I think that's where Trump gets his information from.

Any government would fudge numbers of an epidemic so China is just doing what anyone else would?

Why is assuming it has peaked reasonable? Because China has slashed the number of new infections,a totally bullshit parameter because there is fear of testing lest you get infected as you are quarantined,China reportedly can only test 3,000 at most a day.

Trump has been peddling the weather BS,that warmer weather will kill it off. It is unsubstantiated.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2020, 04:36:48 AM »
I got it from Chinese government official figures. Then WHO doesn't support hysteria or that it's becoming uncontrollable. Then official US who claim to have data on everything and monitoring the situation says as much. I think that's where Trump gets his information from.

More evidence of fudging numbers. The criteria used to count the deaths and infections was tweaked hence the crazy spike.

This thing is nowhere near the end.

US has no 'data on everything'
https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/3050354/coronavirus-hubei-province-reports-sharp-spike-new-confirmed

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2020, 10:14:55 AM »
http://www.nhc.gov.cn/xcs/yqtb/202002/553ff43ca29d4fe88f3837d49d6b6ef1.shtml

A total of 1,380 deaths (108 cases in Hubei Province due to repeated statistics)

So yesterday's crazy figures were due to 'double counting' bodies :lolz: :lolz:

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2020, 08:13:44 PM »

Yahya Jammeh must be turning in his future grave.  Where are his royalties?

Harriet Tubman

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2020, 08:34:07 PM »
Snake oil. Under FDA regulations, It is illegal to sell such stuff claiming a cure
Maybe by the time FDA acts he will be worth $3mil more.
If one has super immunity, it is possible they may not catch this viral disease.
This morning I heard they found it in Japan and the person had never been outside his immediate area.

Offline Garliv

• Mega superstar
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2020, 09:29:51 PM »
Current reports points to worsening. And credible theory that Corona is a bio weapon from which leaked from Chinese lab located within Wuhan area.
Am now inclined to believe its getting worse. Government fudge numbers until they no longer can credibly do it anymore.

http://www.nhc.gov.cn/xcs/yqtb/202002/553ff43ca29d4fe88f3837d49d6b6ef1.shtml

A total of 1,380 deaths (108 cases in Hubei Province due to repeated statistics)

So yesterday's crazy figures were due to 'double counting' bodies :lolz: :lolz: