Author Topic: BBI d-day  (Read 5154 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
BBI d-day
« on: October 20, 2019, 08:45:14 AM »
From grapevine.

45% of national revnenue to devolved governments (14 Regions, 47 counties)
>Reduce mps from 390 to 180
>Reduce senators from 47 to 29
>Parliamentary system, president with one 7 year term to be elected by legislators.
>Abolish quota system in admission of school and college
>Abolish EACC, empower DCI, ODPP, NCIC.
>Devolved IEBC, national chair rotational.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: BBI d-day
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2019, 08:51:37 AM »

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2019, 08:56:44 AM »

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2019, 09:03:24 AM »

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2019, 09:05:15 AM »
Very many problematic proposals - that will generate enough noise - to keep us busy the next 2yrs.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2019, 09:33:42 AM »

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2019, 10:11:02 AM »
Grapevine. Ruto is HIV+ Uhuru has lung cancer. Is "People Daily" a Kenyan or Hollywood tabloid? :D

I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2019, 12:13:59 PM »
Grapevine. Ruto is HIV+ Uhuru has lung cancer. Is "People Daily" a Kenyan or Hollywood tabloid? :D

hasira ya nini

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2019, 02:21:10 PM »
Look like BBI will not happen today.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2019, 03:44:28 PM »
Go slow on the monologue... your boy desperately wanted to infiltrate the taskforce

https://www.nation.co.ke/news/Building-Bridges-team-guided-by-integrity/1056-5318136-ttt71b/index.html

I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2019, 03:59:25 PM »
You and Tanga Tanga crew are too hot and bothered. Calm down - this too shall pass

It is do or die for the Building Bridges Task Force as it heads to a retreat Tuesday to prepare handover notes against spirited attempts by forces allied to Deputy President William Ruto to shoot it down.

The term of the team also referred to as the Building Bridges Initiative (BBI) ends on Wednesday, the same day they will be drafting the notes to accompany the main report to President Uhuru Kenyatta.

https://www.nation.co.ke/news/BBI-team-retreats-to-review-final-draft/1056-5318142-jqygg6z/index.html

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2019, 06:11:05 PM »
Well I am not sure why you sound angry but despite Raila & Joho attempts for Uhuru to speak about it at Mashujaa day he gave it a wide berth.I think the report is out.Hand over notes ndio imebaki.They are proposing for MPs to elect a 7 term president who will appoint the pm  from largest political party lus 14 regional PM's. In regional gov.I  guess parliament will need to be 7 yrs tenure..Anyway BBI is DOA..Uhuru playing along just to keep you and Raila out of our streets

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2019, 09:36:20 PM »
I don't know where you get those anecdotes. There has been all kinds of gossip most spread by Ruto crew, some to test the waters. I believe it choreographed so I don't see moronic 3tier of regional PMs coming up. That would be DOA. Ceremonial president can have any tenure and not necessarily synced with parliament. Exec PM is what matters - cause "appointment" is a formality.

Anyway going by youtube Babu excitement in Mombasa - and Ruto bursting veins - it signals how things are going. After the symbolic MCA losses last week - we need Kibra to humble you lot - and prep you for BBI tremor.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2019, 04:50:04 AM »
BBI is simple...placate the fool to keep our streets safe from his stone throwers and allow gov to function.

Offline sitting bull

• Superstar
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2019, 11:37:02 AM »
BBI is simple...placate the fool to keep our streets safe from his stone throwers and allow gov to function.
...... BBI is just like the sgr to suswa. It's heading to nowhere!

Sent from my SM-G532F using Tapatalk

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2019, 12:38:08 PM »
Uhuru needs to 'force' Uganda,Rwanda, Congo and SSA cargo to terminate in Suswa - that mean speeding up the construction of the Dry Port. Also SGR should attempt to ferry volcanic ash from Suswa - which are now use as sand - together with small ratio of river sand.

[/quote]

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2019, 01:33:59 PM »
Look like Tomorrow is d-day

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2019, 01:35:18 PM »
Grapevine - BBI REPORT LEAKED.

1) Powerful PM elected by the PEOPLE for a single 7 year term. To have 3 Deputy PMs from different regions/ tribes to dilute the Executive. PM to be an MP and will answer questions in Parliament every Thursday...
2) A ceremonial rotational President selected by MPs for a 5 Year single Term. A unifying figure to champion national cohesion.
3) SENATE to be Abolished. National Assembly to remain as it is. No more increase of Constituencies but WARDS to be increased every 7 years. MPs salaries capped at Ksh 1M a month.
4)Nominated MPs and nominated MCAs seats to be abolished.
5)CSs to be appointed from Parliament or outside it .
6) 22 CS and 24 Deputy CSs to be appointed from all Regions. Inclusitivity to be observed , no 2 CS , Deputy CS or PSs from the same tribe.
7) Health Service Commission to be set up to handle health matters instead of counties.
8) CDF to be Abolished and be Replaced with WARD Development Fund ( WDF) .Minimum of Ksh 100M for every ward , to be managed by committee & Board not directly by MCAs.
9)Corruption will be a Capital Offence like Murder , to be heard and tried within 6 months. Convicts to lose all their Wealth. All Corruption Convicts to be jailed at West Pokot GK prison , Moyale GK Prison , Lodwar GK Prison & Mandera GK Prison.
10) Counties to remain 47 but Regional Economic Blocs to be set up for economic viability. To be structured into 14 Economic Blocs. Counties to pool funds for cross- county development projects.
11) 40% of National Revenues to be sent to Counties. Wards to be the new centres/ foundations of Development with Counties to divide 50% of their Allocations directly to Wards. County Assemblies capacities to be strengthened with MCAs needing a degree as qualification.
12) HELB , Universities to be restructured with HELB loans made Interest FREE. Past Loans waived for youths .
13) Govt Employees Retirement Age revised down to 55 Years and Public Service to use WARDS as base in all appointments . Inclusivity in the Civil Service with all tribes, Youths included.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2019, 02:29:37 PM »
Rumors and guesswork again.. just wait for the real doc. Anyway elected PM sound like sleight of hand for Uhuru 2.0

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2019, 02:55:58 PM »
Your rumor mill is a melody. Very choreographed. Seem to be a good compromise for full parliamentary - separates State and GoK - with a more accountable Exec. More devolution and integrity enforced. Need to address which functions will devolve with the 40%. Good regional and youth inclusion.

Sadly it just gossip.

Questions -- is MP term same as PM 7 years? I hope so. Who heads the REB - regional economies?

Grapevine - BBI REPORT LEAKED.

1) Powerful PM elected by the PEOPLE for a single 7 year term. To have 3 Deputy PMs from different regions/ tribes to dilute the Executive. PM to be an MP and will answer questions in Parliament every Thursday...
2) A ceremonial rotational President selected by MPs for a 5 Year single Term. A unifying figure to champion national cohesion.
3) SENATE to be Abolished. National Assembly to remain as it is. No more increase of Constituencies but WARDS to be increased every 7 years. MPs salaries capped at Ksh 1M a month.
4)Nominated MPs and nominated MCAs seats to be abolished.
5)CSs to be appointed from Parliament or outside it .
6) 22 CS and 24 Deputy CSs to be appointed from all Regions. Inclusitivity to be observed , no 2 CS , Deputy CS or PSs from the same tribe.
7) Health Service Commission to be set up to handle health matters instead of counties.
8) CDF to be Abolished and be Replaced with WARD Development Fund ( WDF) .Minimum of Ksh 100M for every ward , to be managed by committee & Board not directly by MCAs.
9)Corruption will be a Capital Offence like Murder , to be heard and tried within 6 months. Convicts to lose all their Wealth. All Corruption Convicts to be jailed at West Pokot GK prison , Moyale GK Prison , Lodwar GK Prison & Mandera GK Prison.
10) Counties to remain 47 but Regional Economic Blocs to be set up for economic viability. To be structured into 14 Economic Blocs. Counties to pool funds for cross- county development projects.
11) 40% of National Revenues to be sent to Counties. Wards to be the new centres/ foundations of Development with Counties to divide 50% of their Allocations directly to Wards. County Assemblies capacities to be strengthened with MCAs needing a degree as qualification.
12) HELB , Universities to be restructured with HELB loans made Interest FREE. Past Loans waived for youths .
13) Govt Employees Retirement Age revised down to 55 Years and Public Service to use WARDS as base in all appointments . Inclusivity in the Civil Service with all tribes, Youths included.