Author Topic: Ramaphosa Finds a Pair  (Read 1385 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Ramaphosa Finds a Pair
« on: August 29, 2018, 03:56:41 PM »
and responds to the cheeto in chief. 

That aside, I still think it is better to place a special tax on the boer or some other compensation scheme rather than take "his" land and leave him and everyone else destitute.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: Ramaphosa Finds a Pair
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 11:08:32 PM »
and responds to the cheeto in chief. 

That aside, I still think it is better to place a special tax on the boer or some other compensation scheme rather than take "his" land and leave him and everyone else destitute.

SA is lucky to have the lessons of Zim on land and economic  equality. At some point you have to see the bigger picture. ANC gets it but must contend with populists like EFF.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 01:18:40 AM »
Eff has forced anc to act on land. They are in this position because eff has really scared them. If anc support drops to 40s or low 50s they will be kaput

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 07:11:53 AM »
South Africa should be careful with mad man Trumph. He is unhinged and powerful. He can easily crash RSA economy.

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2018, 07:48:23 AM »
This brings to mind the land issue in Kenya mainly laikipia. I believe kuki Gullam faked the whole thing about being shot in 2017 she should be investigated as well as Nairobi hospital. 

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 08:37:08 AM »
South Africa should be careful with mad man Trumph. He is unhinged and powerful. He can easily crash RSA economy.
South Africa economy crashed or slowed down due to drop in commodity prices..trump alone cannot crash south African economy..the boers just need to find a way to get out of this with their shirts..they posses a lot of wealth they just need to be pragmatic about how they navigate this..all credit goes to eff..they have taken anc coalition left wing politics and brought them to center ..thus carving a niche on the political table .the  man to watch is the youngman who is the brain behind eff..malema is just the public face.. rhamposa is trying to take sails out eff momentum..he will need go give up so much to benefit...

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2018, 08:51:16 AM »
Ramaphose should forget about expropriating white land without compensation. The white world (read US+EU) will not allow such a precedent. Whatever South Africa has gone through - is in shadows compared to Zim - and what could be coming their way - if Trump backed by white racist - wake up and make some executive order. If turkey that stronger economy that RSA - are crying - wait until Trump squeze ramaphosa balls. Trump is a bully who doesn't like being challenged - esp by some black dude. Ramaphosa should wait over this trump nonsense...another 4yrs...and Trump would be done.

RSA better listen and play this safe. Malema is a fool. They are many ways of skinning the cat.

South Africa economy crashed or slowed down due to drop in commodity prices..trump alone cannot crash south African economy..the boers just need to find a way to get out of this with their shirts..they posses a lot of wealth they just need to be pragmatic about how they navigate this..all credit goes to eff..they have taken anc coalition left wing politics and brought them to center ..thus carving a niche on the political table .the  man to watch is the youngman who is the brain behind eff..malema is just the public face.. rhamposa is trying to take sails out eff momentum..he will need go give up so much to benefit...

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2018, 09:32:22 AM »
You really live in the world of 1990s and early 2000. Eu, us have changed demographically and so has their interests..for example american voters under 55 years would give a rat ass what happens to a white man in South Africa, or how many Asians are killed in Genocide in Asia continent..if rhamposa was oppressing gays they would care...

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2018, 09:35:09 AM »
Hapa tuko pamoja. Ramaphosa should ignore that man in White House. He is cornered by the Muller probe and looking for any excuse to get the white race to gang uo together. Trump has lied to the public about South African White farmer killings. He exagerated the figures on purpose. Ramaphosa should lay low like an envelope and do his thing. Seizing land from White farmers to give Blacks with no farming skills will be a disaster like in Zimbabwe. In fact with the current corruption level in RSA the bulk of the land will end up in the hands of a few ANC officials just like in the case of Zimbabwe.

Ramaphose should forget about expropriating white land without compensation. The white world (read US+EU) will not allow such a precedent. Whatever South Africa has gone through - is in shadows compared to Zim - and what could be coming their way - if Trump backed by white racist - wake up and make some executive order. If turkey that stronger economy that RSA - are crying - wait until Trump squeze ramaphosa balls. Trump is a bully who doesn't like being challenged - esp by some black dude. Ramaphosa should wait over this trump nonsense...another 4yrs...and Trump would be done.

RSA better listen and play this safe. Malema is a fool. They are many ways of skinning the cat.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2018, 12:06:50 PM »
Malema is alive to what is in the offing but him alluding that it is the Zuma faction in ANC which is pushing for the expropriation without compensation is an interesting angle which leaves Ramaphosa with little wiggling space with only back up being weakening DA. It is likely EFF to double their parliamentary seats to 50 and more with fading Mandela spirit in 2019. Well if Zuma closes ranks with his somewhat corrupt Malema the expropriation without compensation will happen in next 30 years structurally or through total meltdown. 

It is becoming clear the US and EU economies have really been weakened by Chinese strategy if the isolationist and non interventionist Trump is starting to go this way. Willy Kenyan thugs are in for another bountiful season just like in the cold war looting spree.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2018, 04:30:37 PM »
Ramaphosa is NOT planning on doing something haphazard and crazy like Mugabe. It's all propaganda by American and SAfrican White Nationalists.

Apparently, Ramaphosa outlined his expropriation plan in an article in the Financial Times recently and though I haven't read it (and probably wouldn't really get it if I did: not my expertise) many have and consider it very reasonable.

Here's what I've gotten:

1) No one will be getting kicked out of land they live on, are farming or are actively developing.
2) There are apparently large tracts of idle land held by the Boer in SA for eons: This unused land is the target of the proposed constitutional amendment, not land that's already actually occupied and used by the Title-holders.

Please listen to these American Social Democrat podcasters explain it much better than I: