Author Topic: Who is Jesus to you?  (Read 1813 times)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Who is Jesus to you?
« on: December 17, 2017, 02:59:14 PM »
I was in Silicon Wadi for some meetings and found the streets, houses and offices are so colorful with decorations. This early christmas is Hanukah 12th to 20th Dec. These guys don't believe in christmas or Jesus. Asking them about Jesus is like asking the Luo about Ruto. I never visited Israel in Dec before so it was sort of a surprise.

I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Who is Jesus to you?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 09:38:56 AM »
This is possibly why christians wanted to exterminate jews. You can imagine trying to force yourself onto the jewish religion and they tell you you jesus is nothing to them - in fact a fraud.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 01:03:43 PM »
Dear Robina, what are you doing in Israel? Are you safe? ?

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 07:02:24 PM »
Hi veri, Tel Aviv and Haifa are quite peaceful. Jerusalem is the fracas city, at least in the East. Thanks for caring.  :*
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 10:22:37 AM »
Regardless of which city it sounds risky. Be safe  :*

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 08:27:26 PM »
 :D Total fraud but works to control Africans and maintain order.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2017, 09:34:39 AM »
Jesus to me is the living embodiment of goodness or what utter goodness looks and sounds like in human form.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2017, 10:45:38 AM »

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2017, 12:02:22 PM »
Yeah, I know. I was just answering the title question. Ive never been a fan of active proselytization even in my most devout days. I could definitely defend my beliefs against attackers but the idea of actually trying to make someone else hold my views on religion was just off. See I hold the bias that everyone searches around for their own truth just like me using their natural tools and so telling people to hold any belief seems strange to me. I also dont believe that entrance into a positive afterlife depends on passing an intellectual exam where you know the right answers in your head about this or that fact, lol. So I would never in a million years attempt to make someone believe as I do. To the contrary Id grow claws very fast if anyone tried to do that to me especially if they dont have logically consistent and evidence-based views, they just want me to borrow their own beliefs, we'd fight to the end. Otherwise, I am a great admirer of many faiths and have been forever even in primo school. I admire Buddha.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2017, 12:26:11 PM »
I don't perceive Judaism, Islam, Confuciansim etc. as religions but just cultures. I precieve Catholicism, Orthodoxy and other branches of Christianity as religions. Reason why I don't think they're religions is because they have a lot of laws and segregation policies that are just too worldly and a matter of history rather than of worship and divinity that typically exemplifies the concept of religion and should be evolving as humanity transitions closer and closer to God.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2017, 06:57:28 PM »
I was in Silicon Wadi for some meetings and found the streets, houses and offices are so colorful with decorations. This early christmas is Hanukah 12th to 20th Dec. These guys don't believe in christmas or Jesus. Asking them about Jesus is like asking the Luo about Ruto. I never visited Israel in Dec before so it was sort of a surprise.

Silicon (what?).  They have some produced some good niche software products.  But they are also shitting on the Palestinian's head real good.

Of course they don't care about Jesus.  If he is anything to them at all, he would be that nutjob rabble rouser, who also claimed to be the son of God.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman