Author Topic: KES USD 146  (Read 561 times)

Offline Githunguri

• Enigma
  • Raila Odinga.President of the Republic of Kenya.
KES USD 146
« on: May 24, 2023, 04:11:35 AM »
https://equitygroupholdings.com/ke/

Its heading to 160 by December

Offline patel

• Enigma
Re: KES USD 146
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2023, 02:05:34 PM »
Should settle at 200. True exchange value for shilling to dollar.

Offline audacityofhope

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2023, 05:13:39 PM »
This one frothing at the mouth eti 200 does know that Kenya imports even toothpicks. Kuria knows that for years now, we manufacture nothing in this country. When covid showed up in 2019/2020 Patel alibaki tu River roar; never went to the village because he has built nothing there, not a cowshed, goat shed, not a house. And he won't build because now with dollar at 146 & climbing, building materials can only get more expensive.
Why would anyone cheer those failing our economy?

Kenya Shilling was once at par with Singapore on exchange rate. Today Singapore is holding steady at I USD to SGD 1.34469 SGD.
Their PM was here a few days ago and must have wondered in bewilderment how we let our currency sink to Ksh 146 to the dollar!

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2023, 09:35:13 AM »
My fren Patel get paid in shillings and dollars too. Patel export and imports too.. Use this golden opportunity to lift your people out of poverty by sending dollars. I agree with you on manufacturing, we don't manufacture anything except cheap liquor distillation. Mainly due to high energy cost, policies and out right laziness.  Ruto need to look for ways to lower energy cost and attract heavy investments in manufacturing sector.

This one frothing at the mouth eti 200 does know that Kenya imports even toothpicks. Kuria knows that for years now, we manufacture nothing in this country. When covid showed up in 2019/2020 Patel alibaki tu River roar; never went to the village because he has built nothing there, not a cowshed, goat shed, not a house. And he won't build because now with dollar at 146 & climbing, building materials can only get more expensive.

Kenya Shilling was once at par with Singapore on exchange rate. Today Singapore is holding steady at I USD to SGD 1.34469 SGD.
Their PM was here a few days ago and must have wondered in bewilderment how we let our currency sink to Ksh 146 to the dollar!

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2023, 12:47:54 PM »
My fren Patel get paid in shillings and dollars too. Patel export and imports too.. Use this golden opportunity to lift your people out of poverty by sending dollars. I agree with you on manufacturing, we don't manufacture anything except cheap liquor distillation. Mainly due to high energy cost, policies and out right laziness.  Ruto need to look for ways to lower energy cost and attract heavy investments in manufacturing sector.

Incentives to manufacture?
Thats what China did .

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2023, 05:34:36 PM »
It's still over valued. But I cry for the common guy on the street. The transition will be painful. I see it resting at 270.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2023, 06:14:12 PM »
Agreed its still over valued especially knowing kenya is heavily dependent on Maharagwe and tourism economy.. however I think it will Seattle at 200.
It's still over valued. But I cry for the common guy on the street. The transition will be painful. I see it resting at 270.

Offline sema

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2023, 07:05:36 PM »
we manufacture nothing in this country

Isn't this the REAL problem that Ndii's economic theories will be unable to solve? Even if they started the process of trying to encourage manufacturing, it's going to take decades.

Young kenyans have become very lazy. They don't want to farm. Don't want to work. All they want to do is either wash wash or social media foolishness (they're all on youtube now thinking they'll become millionaires based on one minute ads run on their silly channels)

Who is going to actually work in that country?