Author Topic: Nairobi  (Read 780 times)

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Nairobi
« on: July 11, 2021, 06:13:59 AM »
All I can is that nairobi has really grown. There is serious population explosion on the thika road corridor. I wonder if thus has to do with many kikuyus who permanently relocated on this corridor after pev.
Nairobi infrastructure is under serious construction and I expect that the traffic menace will be contained in 2 decades

Uhuru has built the infrastructure now we need someone to deal with the economic issues
The other thing is that the new roads have buried slums. Most slums are now out of sight.

The only serious problem is that all my friends who were doing so well during kibaki era are in serious economic trouble. There is a lot of carnage brought about by covid related shutdowns.
What needs to happen is for kenya to secure 10 million doses before end of year
If kenya stops covid then 2024 to 2040 will be kenyas golden era

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Nairobi
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2021, 09:16:06 AM »
I don't think Uhuru is serious with vaccination like Rwanda has done..but yes infrastructure has improved.Nairobi need the BRTs and the Metro rail.Then housing or slums can be fixed by Chinese if Uhuru was serious.

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2021, 09:25:18 AM »
I don't think Uhuru is serious with vaccination like Rwanda has done..but yes infrastructure has improved.Nairobi need the BRTs and the Metro rail.Then housing or slums can be fixed by Chinese if Uhuru was serious.

We built great housing estates before the Chinese, please don't insult our intelligence. You have a bad case of Chinese Tourette's, every problem you want to involve them. If you want to employ the greatest number of young men and women in Kenya, then construction is the industry with the greatest potential to absorb them. We are not like the Gulf states with small populations and endless capital, we have limited capital and large unemployed masses, common sense calls for tailoring our socioeconomical policies to our realities.
Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2021, 10:05:26 AM »
Chinese have the best construction machines and the money to finance this - obviously Kenyans will be employed as watu wa Mkono - but Chinese contractors are the best.

We need to take advantage of the chinese construction industry.

All the infrastructure you see in Kenya - we have to THANK CHINESE.

HAIL CHINA - the great Africa Savior.

We built great housing estates before the Chinese, please don't insult our intelligence. You have a bad case of Chinese Tourette's, every problem you want to involve them. If you want to employ the greatest number of young men and women in Kenya, then construction is the industry with the greatest potential to absorb them. We are not like the Gulf states with small populations and endless capital, we have limited capital and large unemployed masses, common sense calls for tailoring our socioeconomical policies to our realities.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2021, 11:21:56 AM »
All I can is that nairobi has really grown. There is serious population explosion on the thika road corridor. I wonder if thus has to do with many kikuyus who permanently relocated on this corridor after pev.
Nairobi infrastructure is under serious construction and I expect that the traffic menace will be contained in 2 decades

Uhuru has built the infrastructure now we need someone to deal with the economic issues
The other thing is that the new roads have buried slums. Most slums are now out of sight.

The only serious problem is that all my friends who were doing so well during kibaki era are in serious economic trouble. There is a lot of carnage brought about by covid related shutdowns.
What needs to happen is for kenya to secure 10 million doses before end of year
If kenya stops covid then 2024 to 2040 will be kenyas golden era
You still arrive thank God your relatives haven't caught up with you but be careful they are known to strike just before you board the plane. Stay low avoid hanging out in clubs thats where they strike poison your drink or pop a nut on your sorry brains fugitive kalenjin lady style.

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2021, 08:48:36 PM »
Chinese have the best construction machines and the money to finance this - obviously Kenyans will be employed as watu wa Mkono - but Chinese contractors are the best.

We need to take advantage of the chinese construction industry.

All the infrastructure you see in Kenya - we have to THANK CHINESE.

HAIL CHINA - the great Africa Savior.
I can tease out your sarcasm. But the fact remains you are an incorrigible Sinophile!

Read We are exporting our taxes by the shovel by Mutuma Mathiu

https://nation.africa/kenya/blogs-opinion/opinion/we-re-exporting-taxes-by-the-shovel-3466326

The government should issue a gazette notice banning the teaching of engineering, architecture, quantity surveying, interior design and all those other technical courses in the building and construction industry. I shall respect it for its honesty.

Since all Kenyans would be reduced to being "watu wa mkono"

You would make a great colonial collaborator like Njonjo. You believe Africans are only good for menial labor.
Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.