Author Topic: JUDAS SAKAJA MUST GO!!  (Read 5685 times)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: JUDAS SAKAJA MUST GO!!
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2020, 07:15:15 AM »
A naive fool like Pundit would face the music if he attempted to leave his Kikuyu wife.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2020, 09:06:54 AM »
Disagree on rivarly. Agree on the what make Somali ticks. Maybe Kikuyus have finally accepted to sit below Somalis - like they did the Indians. But definitely when Somalis became the merchant class - they made many Kikuyus jobless - and back to farming. The rest of kenya don't mind the indians or somalis because they don't have a merchant class. Somalis and Indians come as a package..they work together..and take over. Pretty much taken over many sectors now. Indian took over manufacturing. Somalis have taken over petrol, textile, export-import and such related business...now even hotels and related. I think Kikuyus pretty much left with butcheries and super-market :) and dukas.
There's no rivalry between kikuyus and somalis, we actually compliment each other. There are stark cultural differences though, Somalis are a communal while kiuks are more individualistic.  In the 60s and 70s kikuyus used to pull together to start new businesses just like what Somalis are doing now. Somalis haven't taken petrol business, kikuyus have some of the biggest local petrol stations e.g Astrol and Riva, also one of the biggest oil importer is dalbit petroleum owned by Humphrey Kariuki. The point is Somalis and kikuyus have taken and expanded marketshare from multinationals after the oil industry was partially liberalized.
Textile, the biggest segment of textile is Mitumba which is dominated by kikuyus and Kamba. The biggest export in kenya are agricultural products dominated by Gema, Indians and Europeans.
Lastly Yusuf the Mp for kamukunji was overwhelmingly voted by Kikuyus who are still the majority in the constituency.   

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2020, 09:22:07 AM »
Robina
There is a lot of bad mouthing of kikuyus. Most kikuyus are self made. Only a very tiny group is into big time corruption. I remember growing up my dad would leave big hotels to come and manage his farm. His coworkers would spend the weekend living the life. I bet most of those coworkers are somewhere in nyanza complaining how kikuyus have benefited from govt. How can a towns in luo most of the businesses and investments to be dominated by people from outside. By the way luos even the youngones like that flashy life. I know a lady who sells chapati here in states but her floss you would think she a millionaire. Kalenjins used to do nothing because they had these big farms but now it seems even maize farming is becoming too much for them.

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2020, 09:38:53 AM »
Pundit has joined Kadudu in Kikuyu- bashing. Most people in the leafy suburbs are Kikuyu. Most landlords. Most bankers. Most tenderpreneurs. Transport, dairy, name it. Kikuyu raw greed and entrepreneurial spirit makes them succeed and loathed by Pundits and other kabilas. See how they rather be executed than lose their investments in RV, NFD or Lamu. Even their women lead in husband killing for money. So long as it is culturally ingrained they will compete with Somali or mhindi or anyone. State favoritism is just a bonus. Inauthentic wealth is likes of Kalenjin who made it through pure theft. They blame Kikuyu for their poverty - that is what PEV shows - a deep-seated resentment of Kamaus dominating Eldoret business with mhindi. Mhindi being tiny apolitical minority keeps them safe from attacks. They learnt from Idi Amin and Matiba.

Why so amorous all of a sudden to Kyuks? Kwani umepata mmoja unalala naye usiku?

Nobody is doing shit in Zamunda, no real entrepreneurship its just rent seeking and lazy importation of Chinese junks.

Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2020, 09:45:14 AM »
I think you evidence is tenuous. For example Humprey Kariuki is hardly the Kikuyu I am talking about - I can say Moi or Biwott or even Stabex shows Kalenjin have stake - but I am talking micro-level business. Every where I see - I see Somalis running petrol stations - not only in Kenya - all the way to South Sudan and Burundi - even Congo. Their dominance is near absolute. I see the same in food eatery business. I see the same in trucking. I see the same in mali-mali - you'll find somalis selling clothes, or bags or name it all over the country. In Nairobi - it's somalis in Eastleigh who are the wholesalers - and everyone the retailers. Maybe in Mitumba do you have kikuyus, Chaggas and even Kambas.Before arrival of Somalis this was Kikuyu domain. And I tell you for all my years online - you can cut kikuyu hatred of Somali with a blunt knife.At the micro-level - what is the typical kikuyu business I see - I think majority have gone back to farming - they are in matatu (transport) business with tough competition from Gusiis - they are in electronics and butchery business :) - they are also big in real estate-  and they are also in hardware business - with Bahindis. They are also in MV spare business with Luos as mechanic - unable to hack even the simplest of business.As for Indians - they have generally managed to move higher up the ladder - from SME to Medium and even large companies.

Disagree on rivarly. Agree on the what make Somali ticks. Maybe Kikuyus have finally accepted to sit below Somalis - like they did the Indians. But definitely when Somalis became the merchant class - they made many Kikuyus jobless - and back to farming. The rest of kenya don't mind the indians or somalis because they don't have a merchant class. Somalis and Indians come as a package..they work together..and take over. Pretty much taken over many sectors now. Indian took over manufacturing. Somalis have taken over petrol, textile, export-import and such related business...now even hotels and related. I think Kikuyus pretty much left with butcheries and super-market :) and dukas.
There's no rivalry between kikuyus and somalis, we actually compliment each other. There are stark cultural differences though, Somalis are a communal while kiuks are more individualistic.  In the 60s and 70s kikuyus used to pull together to start new businesses just like what Somalis are doing now. Somalis haven't taken petrol business, kikuyus have some of the biggest local petrol stations e.g Astrol and Riva, also one of the biggest oil importer is dalbit petroleum owned by Humphrey Kariuki. The point is Somalis and kikuyus have taken and expanded marketshare from multinationals after the oil industry was partially liberalized.
Textile, the biggest segment of textile is Mitumba which is dominated by kikuyus and Kamba. The biggest export in kenya are agricultural products dominated by Gema, Indians and Europeans.
Lastly Yusuf the Mp for kamukunji was overwhelmingly voted by Kikuyus who are still the majority in the constituency.   

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2020, 09:47:54 AM »
We are trying to address the genesis of current formulae problem. I think it's down to Kikuyu and Somalis sorting their issues.
Yes, I nearly forget, Kikuyus are big in real estate. Kikuyu are very enterprising that I don't deny - the somalis are even better.
I believe Kikuyus need to stop hating on Somalis - and work together.
Pundit has joined Kadudu in Kikuyu- bashing. Most people in the leafy suburbs are Kikuyu. Most landlords. Most bankers. Most tenderpreneurs. Transport, dairy, name it. Kikuyu raw greed and entrepreneurial spirit makes them succeed and loathed by Pundits and other kabilas. See how they rather be executed than lose their investments in RV, NFD or Lamu. Even their women lead in husband killing for money. So long as it is culturally ingrained they will compete with Somali or mhindi or anyone. State favoritism is just a bonus. Inauthentic wealth is likes of Kalenjin who made it through pure theft. They blame Kikuyu for their poverty - that is what PEV shows - a deep-seated resentment of Kamaus dominating Eldoret business with mhindi. Mhindi being tiny apolitical minority keeps them safe from attacks. They learnt from Idi Amin and Matiba.

I do not know your motivation for diminishing kikuyu success but the evidence is there for you to see. From banks, supermarkets, manufacturing, healthcare, private schools, big time real estate all the way to butchery all the way from Nairobi, Nakuru, Mombasa, etc it will take a long time for Somalis to be anywhere near a kikuyu. This does not mean that the wealth has trickled down to every kikuyu out there, there are millions of desperate Kikuyus out there just like every other tribe in Kenya. As a country we have to figure out how the economy can work for everyone and not the thieving class. The other day, this kiuk young woman decided to show her parents house on social media, that house was so opulent in Runda that it almost started a riot, people were disgusted by that kind of opulence in the midst of abject poverty.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2020, 09:58:52 AM »
Robina
There is a lot of bad mouthing of kikuyus. Most kikuyus are self made. Only a very tiny group is into big time corruption. I remember growing up my dad would leave big hotels to come and manage his farm. His coworkers would spend the weekend living the life. I bet most of those coworkers are somewhere in nyanza complaining how kikuyus have benefited from govt. How can a towns in luo most of the businesses and investments to be dominated by people from outside. By the way luos even the youngones like that flashy life. I know a lady who sells chapati here in states but her floss you would think she a millionaire. Kalenjins used to do nothing because they had these big farms but now it seems even maize farming is becoming too much for them.

Yes there is lots of envy for Kikuyu from Kalenjin, Luo, Gusii, etc. Pundit needs a mirror. The politicians can't ignore their numbers so deals will be made regardless of doom & gloom predictions. Kikuyu are greedy but hardworking to make up for it. Frugal misers. There is a lady who used to be air hostess between Nairobi-Heathrow a few years back - now she is an upstart businesswoman from contraband imports and exports.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2020, 10:02:46 AM »
There is a lot of envy for Somalis and Indians from Kikuyus. That is what you should address. I think rest of Kenya are supporting the Somalis. Hence this formulae impasse. It's not political because Somalis supported Kibaki and Uhuru. It's for me business rivarly or envy.
Yes there is lots of envy for Kikuyu from Kalenjin, Luo, Gusii, etc. Pundit needs a mirror. The politicians can't ignore their numbers so deals will be made regardless of doom & gloom predictions. Kikuyu are greedy but hardworking to make up for it. Frugal misers. There is a lady who used to be air hostess between Nairobi-Heathrow a few years back - now she is an upstart businesswoman from contraband imports and exports.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2020, 10:03:50 AM »
A naive fool like Pundit would face the music if he attempted to leave his Kikuyu wife.
:D :D :D you have made my morning, why the hit below the belt. You getting very emotional, things are not going your way Robina, Ruto is unstoppable still at that you can make pundit leave his kikuyu wife for you, you guys can make a hot couple no doubt you are a match. Btw pundit says his wife is Embu

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2020, 10:07:27 AM »

Why so amorous all of a sudden to Kyuks? Kwani umepata mmoja unalala naye usiku?

Nobody is doing shit in Zamunda, no real entrepreneurship its just rent seeking and lazy importation of Chinese junks.

Stick to the objects. Of course I mean "entrepreneur" Mwafrika version - not Elon Musk. Noone really builds anything in Kenya - even the mhindi "manufacturers" just produce shoes, tissue, pens. Small stuff - in slave sweatshops while evading taxes. But Kikuyu at least aggressively top most of these low-grade business - leveraging savings, loans, saccos, and of course loot or abuse of power.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2020, 10:12:12 AM »
I can say 90% of Kikuyu business /start up is legit as opposed to Somali 60%.
Most kikuyu have honestly worked hard somalis you cant really say so origin of their money is questionable plus laundering not forgetting that most money you see with somalis is proceeds from the republic of Somali what somalia would have been collecting as taxes etc ends up in eastleigh and other areas

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2020, 10:15:57 AM »
I think that is where we go wrong. Somalis don't have it easy. They work hard, they save money, they cooperate and name. That is why they dominate all the way down to south africa. The most important thing somalis have is NO FEAR. Where nobody goes - Somali will. I was in trucking business - and there are jobs reserved for Somalis because the are dare devils. As long as they have enough miraa - they are good to go.

That aspect of risk taking is what makes Somalis tick.

Most kikuyu have honestly worked hard somalis you cant really say so origin of their money is questionable plus laundering not forgetting that most money you see with somalis is proceeds from the republic of Somali what somalia would have been collecting as taxes etc ends up in eastleigh and other areas

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2020, 10:17:03 AM »
I didn't quite understand where that came from. Maybe a Freudian slip. Why would I leave my wife - having been with her for nearly 20yrs now - we are just 3yrs from our 20th anniversary.
:D :D :D you have made my morning, why the hit below the belt. You getting very emotional, things are not going your way Robina, Ruto is unstoppable still at that you can make pundit leave his kikuyu wife for you, you guys can make a hot couple no doubt you are a match. Btw pundit says his wife is Embu

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2020, 10:24:18 AM »
Envy is human nature - even here Trump is throwing tamtrums over Huawei sijui national security and all excuses to defeat fair competition. Kyuks are hated much more by non-Gema - esp Luo being so ambitious, pompous but incompetent really loathe the shrewd, frugal Kikuyu for it. Somali if Siad Barre and Farra Aidid didn't mess up - Mogadishu might be EA powerhouse by now eclipsing Nairobi.

Kenyan Somali headcount has also been underestimated for a long time - with Kikuyu count padded- so the recent correction starting with Ligare cause all the whining from Kikuyu. If you consider historical & geography advantages, and political favoritism - Kikuyu, Kalenjin, Luo would suffer. These big tribes that dominate central GoK should let the ASALs keep current formula that favor them.

We are trying to address the genesis of current formulae problem. I think it's down to Kikuyu and Somalis sorting their issues.
Yes, I nearly forget, Kikuyus are big in real estate. Kikuyu are very enterprising that I don't deny - the somalis are even better.
I believe Kikuyus need to stop hating on Somalis - and work together.

I do not know your motivation for diminishing kikuyu success but the evidence is there for you to see. From banks, supermarkets, manufacturing, healthcare, private schools, big time real estate all the way to butchery all the way from Nairobi, Nakuru, Mombasa, etc it will take a long time for Somalis to be anywhere near a kikuyu. This does not mean that the wealth has trickled down to every kikuyu out there, there are millions of desperate Kikuyus out there just like every other tribe in Kenya. As a country we have to figure out how the economy can work for everyone and not the thieving class. The other day, this kiuk young woman decided to show her parents house on social media, that house was so opulent in Runda that it almost started a riot, people were disgusted by that kind of opulence in the midst of abject poverty.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2020, 10:25:52 AM »
I think that is where we go wrong. Somalis don't have it easy. They work hard, they save money, they cooperate and name. That is why they dominate all the way down to south africa. The most important thing somalis have is NO FEAR. Where nobody goes - Somali will. I was in trucking business - and there are jobs reserved for Somalis because the are dare devils. As long as they have enough miraa - they are good to go.

Have you wondered why people from war torn or unstable countries make up merchant class in many countries? Lebanese are known to be good merchants and others from middle east and south America simple reason is that they use the state collapsed resources to advance their businesses abroad, you are not dealing with legit money, its squandered state money laundered then undercut all competition from host countries . In nigeria for example where there is no proper controls, nigerians import 90%illegally goods especially cars and sell them in west Africa. In Kenya we know well somalis thrive because they evade taxes i.e in electronics. I live in isolo and moat smuggling is done by somalis. Trucks from somalia arrive with sugar rice etc destined for eastleigh. A Kikuyu has no chance against them they will sell a kilo of sugar for 90 while kikuyu is 120. Who  the will survive?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2020, 10:31:03 AM »
This is actually part of the root cause of kikuyu hatred of Somalis. But here all I am seeing is lovely dovey - and they want to blame me.
Yes, Somalis do illegal business, but they also do legit business.

Have you wondered why people from war torn or unstable countries make up merchant class in many countries? Lebanese are known to be good merchants and others from middle east and south America simple reason is that they use the state collapsed resources to advance their businesses abroad, you are not dealing with legit money, its squandered state money laundered then undercut all competition from host countries . In nigeria for example where there is no proper controls, nigerians import 90%illegally goods especially cars and sell them in west Africa. In Kenya we know well somalis thrive because they evade taxes i.e in electronics. I live in isolo and moat smuggling is done by somalis. Trucks from somalia arrive with sugar rice etc destined for eastleigh. A Kikuyu has no chance against them they will sell a kilo of sugar for 90 while kikuyu is 120. Who  the will survive?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2020, 10:32:37 AM »
I think urbanize Somalis might give wrong impression otherwise when someone visit their home - it's turkana like mess - it's semi arid if not arid places - somalis have houses like those built by kids - just shrubs.
Envy is human nature - even here Trump is throwing tamtrums over Huawei sijui national security and all excuses to defeat fair competition. Kyuks are hated much more by non-Gema - esp Luo being so ambitious, pompous but incompetent really loathe the shrewd, frugal Kikuyu for it. Somali if Siad Barre and Farra Aidid didn't mess up - Mogadishu might be EA powerhouse by now eclipsing Nairobi.

Kenyan Somali headcount has also been underestimated for a long time - with Kikuyu count padded- so the recent correction starting with Ligare cause all the whining from Kikuyu. If you consider historical & geography advantages, and political favoritism - Kikuyu, Kalenjin, Luo would suffer. These big tribes that dominate central GoK should let the ASALs keep current formula that favor them.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2020, 10:34:09 AM »
Worldwide, the bulk of business are SME - the problem in Kenya - is most of it's is informal - and we don't have that many medium sized companies. We just have small - and big.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2020, 10:35:34 AM »
I also don't buy the Somali piracy capital story. It just envy. These guys the few I have known are very savvy in business - like mhindi. The risk- taking or "fearless" venturism - aka ambition - also drives the Kikuyus. Even housegirl will steal from you pole pole and save 50% of meagre income in sacco. Kikuyus have Somali and mhindi drive but abit lack the savvy. Ultimately Somali are better than Kikuyu in hustle. Mhindi beat them both.

The jealousy and tantrums tell you the pecking order. How do Chinese fare in this micro-level hustle mix?

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2020, 10:43:12 AM »
I think you evidence is tenuous. For example Humprey Kariuki is hardly the Kikuyu I am talking about - I can say Moi or Biwott or even Stabex shows Kalenjin have stake - but I am talking micro-level business. Every where I see - I see Somalis running petrol stations - not only in Kenya - all the way to South Sudan and Burundi - even Congo. Their dominance is near absolute. I see the same in food eatery business. I see the same in trucking. I see the same in mali-mali - you'll find somalis selling clothes, or bags or name it all over the country. In Nairobi - it's somalis in Eastleigh who are the wholesalers - and everyone the retailers. Maybe in Mitumba do you have kikuyus, Chaggas and even Kambas.Before arrival of Somalis this was Kikuyu domain. And I tell you for all my years online - you can cut kikuyu hatred of Somali with a blunt knife.At the micro-level - what is the typical kikuyu business I see - I think majority have gone back to farming - they are in matatu (transport) business with tough competition from Gusiis - they are in electronics and butchery business :) - they are also big in real estate-  and they are also in hardware business - with Bahindis. They are also in MV spare business with Luos as mechanic - unable to hack even the simplest of business.As for Indians - they have generally managed to move higher up the ladder - from SME to Medium and even large companies.

On fuel business, Go to Pipeline depot in Nairobi, this is where you find fuel hustlers. These people started of milking trucks and adulterating fuel with paraffin. Some of them have graduated to owning multinational branded petrol stations. Most of all this people hail from Muranga thanks to their original Godfather Thayu(Astrol).  Yes Somalis have serious marketshare in the fuel business but so do kikuyus. The difference is kikuyus are more operating individually while Somalis invest more as a group.  Most of the outlets selling clothes in Nairobi are kiuk owned and they import from china, turkey etc via Eastleign. On eateries the likes of kilimnjaro , the somalis have overpaid for those outlets and the only people who frequent those restaurants are somalis. The point is somalis are doing well but not at the expense of other tribes. The market changed and expanded where other tribes also have their marketshare.