Author Topic: Pundit Court Rules that Chapter Six applies to elected leaders too  (Read 8818 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Re: Pundit Court Rules that Chapter Six applies to elected leaders too
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2019, 10:05:28 AM »
Ms Robina,
I think you are looking at this through Babu vs Ruto lenses, but the boot could easily be on the other foot:
?s=19
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2019, 01:02:00 PM »
Waititu is unsalvageable - cause graft charges. The senate can restore him as governor de jure - on paper - and this drama show you how 'lameduck' Uhuru is. You can see the anti-Ruto fake kieleweke pastor - in dark fox goggles :) - cheering Nyoro. Uhuru fingerprints are all over this and don't hold your breath about any Mt Kenya governor overtly backing Ruto any time soon.

I am okay with politics of it. Nyoro had MOU with Waitutu that he discarded. I am not sure how Ruto is responsible for Waitutu trying to run roughshod over Kiambu. So if he is unpopular with MCA - he will be impeached - but Ruto will save him in the senate.

Uhuru is going home. Until that changes - he will become more and more lame-duck.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2019, 01:06:17 PM »
I'm seeing this thru reality [sic]. Uhuru has the machinery and wholesome impunity. I argue for accountability here daily. It you Tanga Tanga lot that need to view reforms objectively. Why do you have a problem with the ongoings if the system is perfect?

Ms Robina,
I think you are looking at this through Babu vs Ruto lenses, but the boot could easily be on the other foot:
?s=19
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Pragmatic

• Mega superstar
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2019, 02:57:09 PM »

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2019, 04:42:30 PM »
And we are suppose to just believe you. You take yourself seriously. Chapter six says public official should not belong to parties. Why not implement that first. Where the constitution provides express provision for hiring and firing of the public official - then chapter six becomes null and void.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2019, 06:17:45 PM »
RV Pundit we can just be pragmatic and let the judiciary make the call on chapter 6. Without Kiptanui, Kalpana Rawal, Ojwang' - the conservative justices on the Kenyan bench - I don't see Impunity Inc surviving this one.  For now of course the good Justice Mumbi Ngugi and Magistrate Mugambi disagree with you and Prof Ojienda sijui Havi. Two governors down ten to go.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2019, 07:36:46 AM »
I'm seeing this thru reality [sic]. Uhuru has the machinery and wholesome impunity. I argue for accountability here daily. It you Tanga Tanga lot that need to view reforms objectively. Why do you have a problem with the ongoings if the system is perfect?

Ms Robina,
?s=19

And you are here cheering politicizing ODPP?
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2019, 11:00:17 AM »

Ms Robina,
?s=19

There is no angel in the dock, they got a busload of lawyers and the law is being followed. The selective purge and politicization of DPP and DCI shows we need more reforms. Especially to make the 'machinery' and the president more accountable. Whining about the machinery while opposing reforms is a contradiction.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2019, 11:40:07 AM »
RV Pundit we can just be pragmatic and let the judiciary make the call on chapter 6. Without Kiptanui, Kalpana Rawal, Ojwang' - the conservative justices on the Kenyan bench - I don't see Impunity Inc surviving this one.  For now of course the good Justice Mumbi Ngugi and Magistrate Mugambi disagree with you and Prof Ojienda sijui Havi. Two governors down ten to go.
The constitution is very clear on hiring and firing of elected leaders.The same judiciary continue to protect Mwilu who is facing criminal and tribunal proceeding.Bail terms should restrict its scope to the case.Actions should be taken if he interfere with witness...but those bail terms are untenable coup.Judiciary can and have abused their powers.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 02:48:18 PM by RV Pundit »

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2019, 02:33:22 PM »

Ms Robina,
?s=19

There is no angel in the dock, they got a busload of lawyers and the law is being followed. The selective purge and politicization of DPP and DCI shows we need more reforms. Especially to make the 'machinery' and the president more accountable. Whining about the machinery while opposing reforms is a contradiction.

We don’t need reforms, just following ACECA Section 62. Elected leaders can’t be suspended. Denying Baba Yao access to his office is suspension for all purposes and intent

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2019, 03:53:28 PM »

Ms Robina,
?s=19

We don’t need reforms, just following ACECA Section 62. Elected leaders can’t be suspended. Denying Baba Yao access to his office is suspension for all purposes and intent

Justice Ngugi declared that section violates chapter 6. Specifically she took issue with the special treatment accorded elected officials. So you see, the court is the final abitor in legal matters. The only abuse is the selective machinery targeting Tanga Tanga which boils down to presidential impunity. Until you have adequate accountability the executive of the day will wield the force of arms. Aukot doesn't address this issue - I hope BBI does.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2019, 06:14:00 PM »

Ms Robina,
?s=19

Justice Ngugi declared that section violates chapter 6. Specifically she took issue with the special treatment accorded elected officials. So you see, the court is the final abitor in legal matters. The only abuse is the selective machinery targeting Tanga Tanga which boils down to presidential impunity. Until you have adequate accountability the executive of the day will wield the force of arms. Aukot doesn't address this issue - I hope BBI does.

Wrong. She aired her opinion. They call it obiter dicter

It’s not binding

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2019, 10:43:53 PM »

Ms Robina,
?s=19

Wrong. She aired her opinion. They call it obiter dicter

It’s not binding

Well, it seems binding enough to Waititu.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2019, 08:49:17 PM »
Pundit - here is Ruto's minion claiming to run the county from the vichochoro. He speak std 4 English ati cabinet sio baraza. Must have met imaginary CEC's - the real cabinet already defected to Nyoro corner. Only a retarded CEC can side with Waititu at this point - and take on Uhuru. The shortest path to trouble in Zendro is to back Ruto.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2019, 08:44:18 AM »
Pastor this was a ruling that binds.

RV Pundit - Waititu is on suspension until 2023 8)

Stay out of office, High Court tells Waititu

Kiambu Governor Ferdinand Ndungu Waititu at the Milimani Law Courts in Nairobi on July 29, 2019, when he was charged over a Sh580 million irregular tender award. PHOTO | DENNIS ONSONGO | NATION MEDIA GROUP

IN SUMMARY
Justice Ngenye Macharia described the governor as "morally ill" while saying he must stay away until the case is determined.

Anti-Corruption Court magistrate Lawrence Mugambi earlier granted Mr Waititu Sh15 million cash bail but imposed tough conditions on the fiery politician and his co-accused.

The High Court upheld Mr Mugambi's ruling on Thursday, justice Macharia saying Deputy Governor James Nyoro and county executive committee members will take charge.

The court dismissed Mr Waititu's application to amend the bail terms - Sh15 million cash bail or Sh30 million bond - that the Anti-Corruption Court issued.

https://mobile.nation.co.ke/news/Stay-out-office-High-Court-tells-Waititu/1950946-5228456-8hx8uoz/index.html

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2019, 09:55:17 AM »
That should end up in Supreme Court.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2019, 11:21:46 AM »
That should end up in Supreme Court.

Yup. This time it's the suspect in a hurry. Nyoro is the principal beneficiary after Waititu trashed their MOU. Politically he is damaged goods for eating local money. What happened to his cabinet meeting? Note how the Kurias are dead silent. The Wa Irias and Muthomi Njukis must be watching - support Ruto at your own peril.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2019, 11:41:01 AM »
Yes the judiciary just made DPP and their bosses very powerful. All governors should be up in arms. Because you never know who will be next.
Yup. This time it's the suspect in a hurry. Nyoro is the principal beneficiary after Waititu trashed their MOU. Politically he is damaged goods for eating local money. What happened to his cabinet meeting? Note how the Kurias are dead silent. The Wa Irias and Muthomi Njukis must be watching - support Ruto at your own peril.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2019, 12:16:35 PM »
Pastor this was a ruling that binds.

RV Pundit - Waititu is on suspension until 2023 8)

Stay out of office, High Court tells Waititu

Kiambu Governor Ferdinand Ndungu Waititu at the Milimani Law Courts in Nairobi on July 29, 2019, when he was charged over a Sh580 million irregular tender award. PHOTO | DENNIS ONSONGO | NATION MEDIA GROUP

IN SUMMARY
Justice Ngenye Macharia described the governor as "morally ill" while saying he must stay away until the case is determined.

Anti-Corruption Court magistrate Lawrence Mugambi earlier granted Mr Waititu Sh15 million cash bail but imposed tough conditions on the fiery politician and his co-accused.

The High Court upheld Mr Mugambi's ruling on Thursday, justice Macharia saying Deputy Governor James Nyoro and county executive committee members will take charge.

The court dismissed Mr Waititu's application to amend the bail terms - Sh15 million cash bail or Sh30 million bond - that the Anti-Corruption Court issued.

https://mobile.nation.co.ke/news/Stay-out-office-High-Court-tells-Waititu/1950946-5228456-8hx8uoz/index.html

Ms Robina, I still insist this is a bad idea

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2019, 04:00:28 PM »
This should be a powerful deterrent from stealing.  The governorship was starting to attract all kinds of bad characters. It need to be made less attractive for thieves, thugs and hustlers.

Yes the judiciary just made DPP and their bosses very powerful. All governors should be up in arms. Because you never know who will be next.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza