Author Topic: Gachagua should keep up this fight against alcoholism in Central and RV  (Read 622 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Reduction of bars is good start. Clamp down on illegal brews.

https://nation.africa/kenya/counties/muranga/protests-in-murang-a-over-closure-of-bars-4262746

Offline RV Kirgit

• Enigma
Reduction of bars is good start. Clamp down on illegal brews.

https://nation.africa/kenya/counties/muranga/protests-in-murang-a-over-closure-of-bars-4262746

This goes completely against hustler narrative. Gov should be creating and naturing small business.

My village friend here deep in RV study analytical chemistry and has never got gainful employment. Ruto could have acquired a few analytical labs and hire young graduates to work with chief and health people to keep changaa healthy.

Ruto tax changaa and new employees and gets money back. Everyone is happy.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Sounds like nice idea. But I doubt it will work. Mwafrika is far from being responsible drinker. I think more Mututho laws - strict enforcement.

Let them support economy by showing up in their farms - and growing food.

The patiala and even local brew are dangerous concoction with serious health implications.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
This is drastic martial bullshit. I can imagine after investing in Quiver Kenol and you have to worry about a license. Just adds another layer of corruption.

Running a business with some employees in this shithole is one of the hardest jobs in this earth because of county and national govt parasites who now want to close the few struggling business.

KEBS, KRA, government chemist, police and counties have primary responsibility to curb illicit liqour. They fail and punish bar owners. Madness with lazy government employees and politicians.

We need a stable business operating environment. Next Sakaja can wake up and cancel Super Metro license because of pollution and wants electric buses.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Some business naturally attract gok and police - alcohol, matatus and such - and now add KRA and all the bastards.

We have a serious drug problem esp in central and rift valley -

What I have seen in my areas - with every clampdown - things are getting better

Only the tough keep drinking - majority just drop - the habit - and quickly rehabilitate. 

I would restrict clampdown to rural areas where people just live off their parents or wives - have so much idle time.

Urban areas - you cannot afford to be drunk and useless - you work for money. So Zone off large urban areas - allow as many bars as people want.

This is drastic martial bullshit. I can imagine after investing in Quiver Kenol and you have to worry about a license. Just adds another layer of corruption.

Running a business with some employees in this shithole is one of the hardest jobs in this earth because of county and national govt parasites who now want to close the few struggling business.

KEBS, KRA, government chemist, police and counties have primary responsibility to curb illicit liqour. They fail and punish bar owners. Madness with lazy government employees and politicians.

We need a stable business operating environment. Next Sakaja can wake up and cancel Super Metro license because of pollution and wants electric buses.

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma

Precisely.
The reason there's a huge illicit liqour its cause of taxation and regulations. Shutting down bars or limiting operations hours wont curb consumption. The fight is against the poor, quiver will get their licenses, but the small bar owners are the ones being shutdown or harassed. The poor aren't suppose to consume alcohol. 

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
But are the poor really responsible enough to drink alcohol?
We need to examine that.
I think even in kalenjin old way of life - poor were restricted from taking alcohol.
Alcohol - should be for the responsible - for sherehe - poor should only drink on special occasions.
You have these very poor people who have to trade btw food and alcohol.
The bastards has not showered for months.
They drive their families deep and deep into poverty.

Soon they are dead or half dead.

Gov should not democratize consumption of alcohol and drugs. That is why I support Gachagua and Kuria - raise the minimum price of alcohol - weka 500shs for beer. Tax patialas out of the market.

Only allow KEG consumption - or something proven - to be safe and cheap beer.

Offline Githunguri

• Enigma
  • Raila Odinga.President of the Republic of Kenya.
People start using drugs when they give up in life with the hope of early death to escape from the pains of life.

Offline Githunguri

• Enigma
  • Raila Odinga.President of the Republic of Kenya.
The central Kenya economy is dead tea and coffee are gone.dairy industry was serious affected by few years of drought while food isn't sufficient.that means alcohol is a big business for livelihood of many people.Its Economy stupid.Any attempt to fight alcohol means political uprising.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Fake theory.
People start using drugs when they give up in life with the hope of early death to escape from the pains of life.

Offline sema

• Enigma
The reason there's a huge illicit liqour its cause of taxation and regulations

I think it's the above plus the sense of hopelessness especially among young men (no jobs, no future, no wives, no money, etc)

Everything is tied together.