Author Topic: County gov ghost workers...Kenya stinks.  (Read 501 times)

Offline Githunguri

• Enigma
  • Raila Odinga.President of the Republic of Kenya.
County gov ghost workers...Kenya stinks.
« on: April 16, 2022, 03:00:47 PM »
I had this MCA friend of mine...he was great friend of an outgoing governor..my major concern was that the guy never secured employment for his brothers and sister at counties like cess collection parking etc which requires little basic education now the bros and sister have always been neat by that I mean small business here and there food and a little alcohol..LITTLE did I come to learn that these people used to earn a salary from the county every month..zero work and huge pay..i learnt that counties have so many ghost workers..kenya is rotten to the core,with the mca and governor unable to secure nomination tickets I think the taps will run dry and new ghost workers will get on the payroll.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: County gov ghost workers...Kenya stinks.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2022, 03:09:43 PM »
This problem almost everywhere - governors have learnt to make MCA happy - by giving them such favours. We need to strength Auditor General offices so they can uncover such basic stuff like fake employees. National gov had something called EMU - efficiency monitoring unit - that would respond to complains and whistle blowing.

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2022, 04:08:47 PM »
If DP is elected, all those ghost workers will slowly dwindle by year one. Even with no mandate in the counties, DP will comb the counties and anywhere to ensure the efficiency in service delivery takes place. Every elected and chosen government official will start hating Ruto very soon because he is ruthless and looks behind the shoulder while you work. No government penny will go to waste and in short order, Kenyans will realize what a 3 trillion budget can do!
The future belongs to those who have a quarter of the character and integrity of RV Heavy Hitter!

Offline audacityofhope

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2022, 05:07:10 PM »
If DP is elected, all those ghost workers will slowly dwindle by year one. Even with no mandate in the counties, DP will comb the counties and anywhere to ensure the efficiency in service delivery takes place. Every elected and chosen government official will start hating Ruto very soon because he is ruthless and looks behind the shoulder while you work. No government penny will go to waste and in short order, Kenyans will realize what a 3 trillion budget can do!
To the DP, 7 billion is like a penny! Remember:  "Only 7 billion was lost.:85: :85:

RVHH: Kenyans will realize what a 3 300 trillion FAKE budget can do!

Offline Pajero

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2022, 08:37:55 PM »
It's worse in national govt,30% of national govt payroll is ghost.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2022, 08:47:02 PM »
Not possible. PSC are thorough. There are few cases - but I doubt it's deep root. I remember 20yrs ago - we asked ministry of education for list of schools and teachers - they could not produce it. You can bet they have many fake schools with fake teachers and fake students now with capitation funding.

The problem really stems from casual hiring - this true even in private sector. For gov that generally employs permanent employees - it hard to pull that fake employee thing.

In private sector - casual and consultants are where corruption happen - because HR is not involved - it's touch and go. But to hire someone permanently is tedious process you cannot create fakes that easily.

It's worse in national govt,30% of national govt payroll is ghost.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2022, 09:30:01 PM »
High priest is ghost worker numero Uno. His boss say missing from office but working on top of campaign rally cars daily. How will he solve problem of ghost worker in county?
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244