Author Topic: Asbel Kiprop Meltdown  (Read 8661 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Asbel Kiprop Meltdown
« on: April 29, 2019, 02:38:55 AM »
He was caught doping.  He is in meltdown mode on twitter.  Pre-twitter days he might have just acted out.

Invalid Tweet ID
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
Re: Asbel Kiprop Meltdown
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 11:28:01 AM »
My guess is that Kiprop was doping for a while, stopped, and then went back to it.   Kiprop was one of several Kenyans managed by Frederico Rosa.   In the first half of 2016, Rosa got busted for doping some of his athletes.   Then a funny thing happened: even those of his athletes who had been stellar performers suddenly couldn't do much.    (Take a look at Kiprop's performances from just before the Olympics and continuing  after.)  He must have decided that the risk was worth it.

There are now getting to be way too many Kenyan dopers, which will ultimately damage a reputation all Kenyans have for long been proud of.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 11:35:15 AM »
According to true-RV who was once a small althete - doping in Kenya is very rampant - and started in 90s - with arrival of the Italian doctors-cum-agents. Nowadays doping is done by any doctor or pharmacist in Eldoret. The side-effect of doping I have heard is that it make these tiny althetes sex maniac.

The motive is money. The athlete and agents want to make money.

Why is Kiprop on a melt-down. He is basically broke. If he had invested wisely - he'd be busy running business. But he blew his money in booze and women.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 12:25:26 PM »
According to true-RV who was once a small althete - doping in Kenya is very rampant - and started in 90s - with arrival of the Italian doctors-cum-agents. Nowadays doping is done by any doctor or pharmacist in Eldoret. The side-effect of doping I have heard is that it make these tiny althetes sex maniac.

The motive is money. The athlete and agents want to make money.

Why is Kiprop on a melt-down. He is basically broke. If he had invested wisely - he'd be busy running business. But he blew his money in booze and women.

To some extent, I can understand the desperate athletes who wish to make a few bucks and get some glory while at it.   There will always be some of those.   But GoK and related authorities have let things go too far, for too long.   As far as the rest of the world is concerned, all we have are runners, tea+coffee, and wild animals.   Blowing 1 out 3 doesn't seem very bright.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2019, 08:25:29 AM »
Once we started hearing of 'science of elite running', it was all about drugs. With advances in 'sports medicine' am sure the likes of Farah are also doping but using shit that can't be detected by obsolete WADA labs which are meant to catch cheap shit being peddled in Iten or Moscow.

I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2019, 12:37:15 PM »
Once we started hearing of 'science of elite running', it was all about drugs. With advances in 'sports medicine' am sure the likes of Farah are also doping but using shit that can't be detected by obsolete WADA labs which are meant to catch cheap shit being peddled in Iten or Moscow.

According to the "tribunal" that sat on Kiprop's case, his lawyer, Katwa Kigen, threw at them anything and everything he thought might stick.   Kigen even had a new scientific theory: at high altitudes, the body naturally produces a shitload of EPO!

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2019, 03:04:47 PM »
My guess is that Kiprop was doping for a while, stopped, and then went back to it.   Kiprop was one of several Kenyans managed by Frederico Rosa.   In the first half of 2016, Rosa got busted for doping some of his athletes.   Then a funny thing happened: even those of his athletes who had been stellar performers suddenly couldn't do much.    (Take a look at Kiprop's performances from just before the Olympics and continuing  after.)  He must have decided that the risk was worth it.

There are now getting to be way too many Kenyan dopers, which will ultimately damage a reputation all Kenyans have for long been proud of.

I did notice some athletes(I can't remember which ones) quietly disappearing from the scene, no injuries, still in their prime.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman