Author Topic: EACC Detectives Search Homes  (Read 3178 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
EACC Detectives Search Homes
« on: December 01, 2015, 05:26:40 PM »
of corruption suspects and witness.  Aside from possible PR, what could this be expected to accomplish?  Isn't the money trail in these crimes already virtually in the public domain?  Don't they already know the banks, the accounts, the companies, the people behind them?  Is EACC really this hideously clueless?
Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) detectives Tuesday raided the city homes of former Devolution CS Anne Waiguru, PS Peter Mangiti, former NYS Director General Nelson Githinji and his deputy Adan Harakhe.

The EACC detectives were on a mission to gather crucial details over the embezzling public funds in the ministry.

MR Mangiti and Dr Githinji were earlier charged with attempting to induce Mr Harakhe "not to follow up the matter relating to the conspiracy" to steal money from the government.

The two were among 26 suspects charged over the loss of Sh791 million from the NYS.

Ms Waiguru resigned from the Ministry following public pressure for her to step down over corruption claims in her ministry.

She became the first CS in the Jubilee administration to resign.
http://www.nation.co.ke/news/EACC-detectives-Waiguru-raid/-/1056/2980252/-/drjrrjz/-/index.html
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: EACC Detectives Search Homes
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 06:58:52 PM »
family fight going on here.. now that mzee is out of country it is time to hit back at mama mdogo

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 09:15:48 PM »
This is just a PR game!!
Has EACC convicted anyone since existence???

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 09:45:40 PM »
Is the dildo missing ?

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 10:43:20 PM »
It's actually not a bad move, if you look at it from "the other side".  Many Kenyans will be fooled and get excited that "something is being done".   
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline jakoyo

• VIP
  • Superstar
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2015, 12:13:03 AM »
LOL

It's actually not a bad move, if you look at it from "the other side".  Many Kenyans will be fooled and get excited that "something is being done".   

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2015, 01:39:27 AM »
It throws a monkey wrench in the scandal.  Murks things up thoroughly.  A comfort zone that only authorities with something to hide love.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2015, 09:14:42 AM »
I think EACC and esp Tobiko deserves some commendation; Moses Kuria spend the weekend behind bars; and I think Tobiko has been genuinely committed to doing his job as DPP; if only EACC and Judiciary can match his zeal and zest.

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2015, 04:56:12 PM »
I think EACC and esp Tobiko deserves some commendation; Moses Kuria spend the weekend behind bars; and I think Tobiko has been genuinely committed to doing his job as DPP; if only EACC and Judiciary can match his zeal and zest.
Keriako is hard to place a finger on.  His agenda seems to be shadowy.  The net effect of his actions seems to be to strategically tamper down criticism by publicly ordering investigations into whatever is the latest hot potato for jubilee.  He uses twitter very effectively.

He is putting out fires by acting as a gate-keeper for the most damaging scandals.  Putting on a very public display of involvement.  Once he takes the scandal under his wing, it usually goes quiet after a while.  It may resurface again when/if it serves whatever agenda he is pursuing.

He hasn't said anything on chicken-gate in a long while for example.  I don't trust the man.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2015, 07:26:03 PM »
I need to see how much he has recovered not how he's doing. Raiding houses does not do anything. Its a public relation campaign that we have seen many times.

Keriako is hard to place a finger on.  His agenda seems to be shadowy.  The net effect of his actions seems to be to strategically tamper down criticism by publicly ordering investigations into whatever is the latest hot potato for jubilee.  He uses twitter very effectively.

He is putting out fires by acting as a gate-keeper for the most damaging scandals.  Putting on a very public display of involvement.  Once he takes the scandal under his wing, it usually goes quiet after a while.  It may resurface again when/if it serves whatever agenda he is pursuing.

He hasn't said anything on chicken-gate in a long while for example.  I don't trust the man.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2015, 09:03:23 AM »
You have to give the benefit of doubt. He has been very steadfast, fair handed and generally has been doing a professional job. Once Tobiko passes on the baton to judiciary or back to CID or EACC...then everything naturally goes cold..given the wheels of justices grind very slowly.