Author Topic: Kenya want to copy India biometric ID System?  (Read 632 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Kenya want to copy India biometric ID System?
« on: June 14, 2023, 05:25:03 PM »
?s=20

Offline Pragmatic

• Mega superstar
Re: Kenya want to copy India biometric ID System?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2023, 11:56:36 PM »
HUDUMA NAMBA or NIMIS is already an AADHAAR (lookalike). No need whatsoever to waste any money to do what we have already done. Just complete the registration of Kenyans who had not been captured. Next is to add on the citizen services and information as the use expands i.e./e.g. Digital ID, Driving License, Social Security, National Medical Insurance etc....

And before you go into too much responding wide off the mark in yarning this and mostly about what you don't know, I know this because I have been too deeply involved here since way back over 15-20yrs now.

We already benchmarked AADHAAR in Udah Pradesh (which is where it was first deployed) and visited the center of excellence way back more than 14years ago. The problem has been vested interests... each succeeding government has wanted to own or deploy this because of the huge tender size and more now mainly because of the control of the data repository.

The idea also is that we already have this information captured; the biometric info of every citizen who has an ID is already captured at NRB... no need to SILO this info. Do an MDM with single identification of every citizen (and foreign); from cradle to grave.

?s=20

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2023, 12:02:27 AM »
Agreed. Find a way to throw Huduma dirty water and keep the baby. I gave out my biometric to Huduma guys. IEBC has my bioemtrics. So that should reduce problem to maybe 10m kenyans.

Ruto I know is very reasonable and will do reasonable stuff.

40M with biometrics should get their identification number. Gov can hunt for 15m.

Huduma was stupid in asking kenya for all information - this introduce complexities with privacy and all. We just need ID and biometrics. Current ID for me works well - just match it with my biometrics. That way I dont need to carry ID. I go to my bank - they scan my finger or my eye balls - haha rv pundit Id no xyz.

Problem is kids who dont have ID number - under 18s - so we might need universal ID number.

HUDUMA NAMBA or NIMIS is already an AADHAR (lookalike). No need whatsoever to waste any money to do what we have already done. Just complete the registration of Kenyans who had not been captured. Next is to add on the citizen services and information as the use expands i.e./e.g. Digital ID, Driving License, Social Security, National Medical Insurance etc....

And before you go into too much responding wide off the mark in yarning this and mostly about what you don't know, I know this because I have been too deeply involved here since way back over 15-20yrs now.

We already benchmarked AADHAR in Utah Pradesh (which is where it was first deployed) and visited the center of excellence way back more than 14years ago. The problem has been vested interests... each succeeding government has wanted to own or deploy this because of the huge tender size and more now mainly because of the control of the data repository.

The idea also is that we already have this information captured; the biometric info of every citizen who has an ID is already captured at NRB... no need to SILO this info. Do an MDM with single identification of every citizen (and foreign); from cradle to grave.

?s=20

Offline Pragmatic

• Mega superstar
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2023, 12:22:59 AM »
That's right the universal ID number is the Cradle to Grave identification; you get identified or simply get an "ID" at birth.....

When you hit 18 adult age in Kenya, you automatically are allowed to vote... no need for a new wave of IEBC wastage with the registration of voters. They get allocated Shs.15b shillings plus every 5 years to just waste, can you imagine how wasteful we are??!!!

Agreed. Find a way to throw Huduma dirty water and keep the baby. I gave out my biometric to Huduma guys. IEBC has my bioemtrics. So that should reduce problem to maybe 10m kenyans.

40M with biometrics should get their identification number. Gov can hunt for 15m.

Huduma was stupid in asking kenya for all information - this introduce complexities with privacy and all. We just need ID and biometrics. Current ID for me works well - just match it with my biometrics. That way I dont need to carry ID. I go to my bank - they scan my finger or my eye balls - haha rv pundit Id no xyz.

Problem is kids who dont have ID number - under 18s - so we might need universal ID number.

HUDUMA NAMBA or NIMIS is already an AADHAR (lookalike). No need whatsoever to waste any money to do what we have already done. Just complete the registration of Kenyans who had not been captured. Next is to add on the citizen services and information as the use expands i.e./e.g. Digital ID, Driving License, Social Security, National Medical Insurance etc....

We already benchmarked AADHAR in Utah Pradesh (which is where it was first deployed) and visited the center of excellence way back more than 14years ago. The problem has been vested interests... each succeeding government has wanted to own or deploy this because of the huge tender size and more now mainly because of the control of the data repository.

?s=20

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2023, 12:30:00 AM »
Yes btw Owalo - brilliant management consultant and Ruto - brilliant president - they will find a solution. Universal number but dont return 40m with biometrics collection charade again.

Again start with building proper servers - for authentication - biometric system

Let it work for those with IDS. Allow API access to whoever has biometric machine to authenticate - through gov servers. simple - send us fingerprints - we send you the ID number and basic details of the fingerprints.

Do not involve dog tired wananchi with another charade. Do it on back-end for at least 3yrs.

Build trust and slowly get everyone onboard.

Schools can easily get 10m kids

That's right the universal ID number is the Cradle to Grave identification; you get identified or simply get an "ID" at birth.....

When you hit 18 adult age in Kenya, you automatically are allowed to vote... no need for a new wave of IEBC wastage with the registration of voters. They get allocated Shs.15b shillings plus every 5 years to just waste, can you imagine how wasteful we are??!!!

?s=20

Offline Pragmatic

• Mega superstar
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2023, 01:15:31 AM »
SPOT ON; we get to agree on the technology part not so sure about the drivers....

Once again vested interests are at play. I know certain things that you don't know!

Yes btw Owalo - brilliant management consultant and Ruto - brilliant president - they will find a solution. Universal number but dont return 40m with biometrics collection charade again.

Again start with building proper servers - for authentication - biometric system

Let it work for those with IDS. Allow API access to whoever has biometric machine to authenticate - through gov servers. simple - send us fingerprints - we send you the ID number and basic details of the fingerprints.

Do not involve dog tired wananchi with another charade. Do it on back-end for at least 3yrs.

Build trust and slowly get everyone onboard.

Schools can easily get 10m kids

?s=20

Offline Pragmatic

• Mega superstar
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2023, 10:34:23 PM »
@RvP.... the vested interests.

....this gives you an idea.

?s=20

SPOT ON; we get to agree on the technology part not so sure about the drivers....

Once again vested interests are at play. I know certain things that you don't know!

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2023, 11:35:33 PM »
What difference btw Bitok - Baby ID thing - and Awalo digital ID thing?

Offline Pragmatic

• Mega superstar
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2023, 12:14:55 AM »

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2023, 12:25:26 AM »
Ok. We need social media to out thieves with such information.  Keep it up. Kenya ni sisi. So if Bitok is making corrupt deals - Ruto should fire him ASAP. Hakuna kitu ingine. Ruto has many friends. Losing one is not a biggie.