Author Topic: Planting season. Ukulima is sweet  (Read 21319 times)

Offline .

• Mega superstar
Planting season. Ukulima is sweet
« on: March 28, 2023, 10:27:44 AM »
Thank God for the rains.
Tanks zote including underground are full to brim with God's clean fresh water mpaka the remnant is just overflowing spuuuuu onto the ground
You kwuys are so serious with siasa on this forum
We need to relax as well from time to time
Nothing berra than watching your trees, crops and live bougainvillea (or kayaba) fence on your acres mashinani thrive nyweeeeeeeeee in the fertile, green, lush rain-soaked soils of your shamba like the one below.
Unless of course you own Northlands :roll:
Watu manjuu mezeni wembe, we have NO WINTERS hapa. Jua na mvua tu.
And the income bonus after a few months is not bad :D
Shida tu is managing a wayward caretaker/farm manager from a distance. How do you kwuys do so?
Mine always lets the area ng'ombes and mbuzis and kondoos in to vamia my boma rhodes paddocks and then claims the vast fence was breached. I believe he gets bribed to let them in.
Proper fence (chain link etc) is out of the question once the acres pass a certain point. Uneconomical kafsa.
Nothing beats shamba life I tells ya. Fresh air, birds, no noise, total peace.
Especially if you are off grid on 100% solar.
Knowing if everything goes to pot and you lose it all, you have a piece of God's green earth to disappear to and enjoy well into your sunset years.
Mboga -fresh, milk and mayai - fresh bila processing mingi from pasture fed cows, eggs- hauuuuwi, most delicious. Ugali ya kusiaga hau hau hauuuuu- wakina Jogoo do not even come close.
Sometimes being a political nobody helps  :D.
You just jienjoy life jiiiiiii in privacy and take care of your wife and precious babies while watching solar powered TV  from the comforts of your maskan mashinani while mahandamanos rock Nairobbery .

Ni hayo tu

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
Re: Planting season. Ukulima is sweet
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2023, 03:59:23 PM »
No country on earth beats the USA for organics and fresh foods. It is arguably the only nation on earth where Mursik, Sukuma wiki, Cabbage, Unga, beans, yams, sweet potatoes, and all the delicacies are always available 24/7 in stores and farmers' markets. I have been shopping and eating organic foods for 20+ years, and not a single day I went to the farmers market or grocery store and missed. To make it sweet, they are cheap, high quality, and can be delivered to your house nowadays. The food distribution network in the USA is just on another level. Even in the smallest town like Lolita, Texas, Mursik is always on the shelf!
The future belongs to those who have a quarter of the character and integrity of RV Heavy Hitter!

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2023, 04:30:55 PM »
Nice!
Is this profitable or just a hobby?
Thank God for the rains.
Tanks zote including underground are full to brim with God's clean fresh water mpaka the remnant is just overflowing spuuuuu onto the ground
You kwuys are so serious with siasa on this forum
We need to relax as well from time to time
Nothing berra than watching your trees, crops and live bougainvillea (or kayaba) fence on your acres mashinani thrive nyweeeeeeeeee in the fertile, green, lush rain-soaked soils of your shamba like the one below.
Unless of course you own Northlands :roll:
Watu manjuu mezeni wembe, we have NO WINTERS hapa. Jua na mvua tu.
And the income bonus after a few months is not bad :D
Shida tu is managing a wayward caretaker/farm manager from a distance. How do you kwuys do so?
Mine always lets the area ng'ombes and mbuzis and kondoos in to vamia my boma rhodes paddocks and then claims the vast fence was breached. I believe he gets bribed to let them in.
Proper fence (chain link etc) is out of the question once the acres pass a certain point. Uneconomical kafsa.
Nothing beats shamba life I tells ya. Fresh air, birds, no noise, total peace.
Especially if you are off grid on 100% solar.
Knowing if everything goes to pot and you lose it all, you have a piece of God's green earth to disappear to and enjoy well into your sunset years.
Mboga -fresh, milk and mayai - fresh bila processing mingi from pasture fed cows, eggs- hauuuuwi, most delicious. Ugali ya kusiaga hau hau hauuuuu- wakina Jogoo do not even come close.
Sometimes being a political nobody helps  :D.
You just jienjoy life jiiiiiii in privacy and take care of your wife and precious babies while watching solar powered TV  from the comforts of your maskan mashinani while mahandamanos rock Nairobbery .

Ni hayo tu

Offline Kapcheptoror

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2023, 06:47:29 PM »

Oldie,

hiyo msos wacha tu, you have really gone full circle, conquered the world and now soaking up the fresh air where it all started, on your own terms.  Kwani uko Nyandarua ?

Offline cookie1

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2023, 07:46:44 PM »
Oldie, kwiinya ni shida tupu.

There are good things like you mentioned but there are more mbad things that outweigh the ngood. That country if you ask me is a shithole. You're ndealing with primitivos left right and center. Mara there is no water, sinjui sitima zimepotea, you are constantly evading suicidal motorists, porice everywhere wanting to extract chai.

That fresh water you are yapping about is contaminated with fecal matter, ni vile no one has tested it. Boreholes are side by side with septic tanks, run off water in mashinani iko na kinyesi. What you call organic has been ngrown with fertilizer and chemicals. In kwiinya, small scale farmers and peasants are not organic farmers

Yues is paradise, we have everything you have and more except the good weather. If you have maney come I show you good praces to retire right here in the yues. Kwiinya is for safari and adventure when you want to experience vumbi and kidogo hardship.

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2023, 08:40:59 PM »
No country on earth beats the USA for organics and fresh foods. It is arguably the only nation on earth where Mursik, Sukuma wiki, Cabbage, Unga, beans, yams, sweet potatoes, and all the delicacies are always available 24/7 in stores and farmers' markets. I have been shopping and eating organic foods for 20+ years, and not a single day I went to the farmers market or grocery store and missed. To make it sweet, they are cheap, high quality, and can be delivered to your house nowadays. The food distribution network in the USA is just on another level. Even in the smallest town like Lolita, Texas, Mursik is always on the shelf!

hehehehehe may be true shida ni TSA is poisoned through and through. Even the groundwater there is poisoned so you may think you're getting organic kumbe iko na; Radon, lead, copper arsenate, and of course kina Monsanto's roundup from neighbouring farms. Isapite. Remember TSA has been an industrialized country for 200 years+ so all that pollution has accumulated in its soil for the longest. Your best bet is to get a shamba out in the super-boonies (hard to find in USA) and plant your yams there with rain water or grow your own stuff in clay pots nyuma ya nyumba. Supermarket stuff is worse than poison man. GMO especially. Unfortunately GMO is now 95% of the food source for Hamellicanos, that's why all sorts of crazy diseases like ADHD, bipolar, autism and so on are booming hapo, sadly. That being said I do miss some unhealthyTSA foods. Like a cheese dripping In-n-out burger with all the trimmings. Hauuuwi. Very delicious.

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2023, 08:46:48 PM »
Nice!
Is this profitable or just a hobby?

Hobby tu for now. More of a getaway spot from the stress of Kanairo

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2023, 08:52:45 PM »

Oldie,

hiyo msos wacha tu, you have really gone full circle, conquered the world and now soaking up the fresh air where it all started, on your own terms.  Kwani uko Nyandarua ?

Niko Maasaini ndani ndaaani ndaani kafsa.
Isn't that how life is supposed to be :D?
You leave Kwiinya, experience all sorts of things,
demystify all those myths about the grass being greener majuu,
then come back and enjoy your country fully.

I found my appreciation for Kwiinya increased incredibly after majuu experience
Every place has its troubles, but Kwiinya is special because it's home  :D

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2023, 08:58:29 PM »
Man, everytime I think about roundup I am being told to buy, after losing my sister and father to cancer, and many people.

I want to retire in farms but for round up...I see rural kenya where I come from...I see cancer...poluted with roundup...everywhere sprayed.

Anyway only business that works in kwinya is trees and tree seedlings.

Come august - I will retire to growing largest tree seedlings.

ingine is a pite.

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2023, 08:59:54 PM »
Oldie, kwiinya ni shida tupu.

There are good things like you mentioned but there are more mbad things that outweigh the ngood. That country if you ask me is a shithole. You're ndealing with primitivos left right and center. Mara there is no water, sinjui sitima zimepotea, you are constantly evading suicidal motorists, porice everywhere wanting to extract chai.

That fresh water you are yapping about is contaminated with fecal matter, ni vile no one has tested it. Boreholes are side by side with septic tanks, run off water in mashinani iko na kinyesi. What you call organic has been ngrown with fertilizer and chemicals. In kwiinya, small scale farmers and peasants are not organic farmers

Yues is paradise, we have everything you have and more except the good weather. If you have maney come I show you good praces to retire right here in the yues. Kwiinya is for safari and adventure when you want to experience vumbi and kidogo hardship.

:roll:

This debate has been had miaka nenda miaka rudi since the early hallaceebee days
In fact I used to be on your side of the debate for the first ten years in Yues  :D
But age and time mellows most of us
Yues ni stress blo. Honest peepo can at least admit to that.
The beauty of Kwiinya is that it's like the American Wild Wild West when Cali was experiencing its gold rush - virgin land (and spirit) everywhere. Only your imagination limits ya.
As nimesema many times before, in Kwiinya you can buy a huge piece of land affordably, fence it with trees/kayafa/bougainvillea and build your own mini-kingdom hapo hapo from scratch
In Yues a battered 100 foot square plot anywhere costs an arm and a leg. Unless you wanna buy one in the rough ghettos (Yikes) or the Arizona desert
And we debated  to pieces the peace of mind and social capital (as Pundito calls it) in Kwiinya vs the stress tupu of not even knowing your neighbour's name in Yues despite living side by side with them for 20 years.! Isatragedy
Those Yues islands and stuff are nice lakini you still can't escape empty, soulless, flippant, individualistic American culture hapo.
And once you cross 70, even your own kids want nothing to do with you
Straight to the crummy nursing homes to be taken care of by CNAs you go
Lakini kila nyani na starehe zage

Ni hayo tu

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2023, 09:03:23 PM »
Man, everytime I think about roundup I am being told to buy, after losing my sister and father to cancer, and many people.

I want to retire in farms but for round up.

Anyway only business that works in kwinya is trees and tree seedlings.

Come august - I will retire to growing largest tree seedlings.

ingine is a pite.

I have noticed that the mbuzis hapa do not like Cypress leaves sana. Planning to plant more and more of them.
Timber iko na pesa especially with the crazy construction boom all over kwiinya that has no end in sight
If you value add (e.g. turn the timber into wood parquets or KPLC posts) then real maney will come in.

Offline sema

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2023, 10:08:52 PM »
In kwiinya, small scale farmers and peasants are not organic farmers

I'm not sure where this myth came from that kenyan farmers don't use chemicals.  My cucu used to use chemical sprays 30 years ago so can't imagine what's going on now with the Chinese and their imports and then pundit says roundup is everywhere? Remember, a gardener in the US sued roundup and that's how they were forced to come out and disclose what was going on (the laws in the US work) but I still see roundup in stores like lowes and home depot (not sure if they removed the dangerous chemicals after the lawsuit, but I don't buy it)

What I like about the US is transparency and the rule of law. In Kwiinya you just don't know what's happening. This is why cancer rates have skyrocketed in the last 20 years and nobody is linking it to the chemicals, extensive use of boreholes and other things.  They never used to be cancer like what we are seeing today.

Kenya began collapsing in 1985

Offline cookie1

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2023, 01:43:20 AM »
Most peoples don't read beyond the headrines. Lound-up is unsafe if NOT used proper.

farmers and landscapers have to take precautions when handling it and harvested pronduce needs to be properly cleaned mbefore consumption. The most affected are the peoples who are spraying it mbecause of the long term exposure to chemicals. If you rive in a big city, your contaminants and carcinogens comes from air pollution via inhalation, so eating organic food is not ngoing to help you much. The case for organics is less pollutants (chemicals) into the environment. Hippies are killing themselves drinking IPA mbut they think they are riving healthy by eating organic food.

in kwiinya, with all the ukora, you can be eating spinach grown using human waste leave alone chemicals. they conflate manual labor to organic farming and that is why i will never mbuy anything by the roadside or in a pubric market or a kiosk. and if you fall sick, the revel of healthcare is a joke and you are at the mercy of your maker.

I'm not sure where this myth came from that kenyan farmers don't use chemicals.  My cucu used to use chemical sprays 30 years ago so can't imagine what's going on now with the Chinese and their imports and then pundit says roundup is everywhere? Remember, a gardener in the US sued roundup and that's how they were forced to come out and disclose what was going on (the laws in the US work) but I still see roundup in stores like lowes and home depot (not sure if they removed the dangerous chemicals after the lawsuit, but I don't buy it)

What I like about the US is transparency and the rule of law. In Kwiinya you just don't know what's happening. This is why cancer rates have skyrocketed in the last 20 years and nobody is linking it to the chemicals, extensive use of boreholes and other things.  They never used to be cancer like what we are seeing today.

Kenya began collapsing in 1985

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2023, 06:06:45 AM »
hehehehehe! Typical Hamellicano Kwiinyans
Obsessed with medical issues shpaaaaaa because Pfizer and Big Pharma have bombarded your screens with so many medical ads (to sell their drugs) that you can't see life through any other prism
Who says we will live forever :D?
Kwinyans are dying like rodents in Tattered States of America from both natural and unnatural causes
Hapa we take it easy. No hurry in Africa.
Ka-lunch is a 1 hr affair full of social bonding even for some of us who ndon't drink
Njonjo lived to be 100. Most middle class and above Kwiinyans live beyond 80 with organic food and tizi (Njonjo used to do 7 pool laps plus treadmill per day.
The reduced stress quotient in Kwiiinya is also a huge bonus. Majuu hauna hamani and you know it.
In hamellica with all your self-admitted air porrution, carcinogens in everything, asbestos, High Fructose Corn Syrup, GMOs not to mention a plethora of ndawasn dawas njwiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii even for a hiccup, life there is like playing Lussian Loullette.
Add the pervasive racism :roll: Sorry to say it, but in TSA one will never achieve their full potential,
If one can qualify to be a VP of finance of JP Morgan hapo, they are overqualified for Prez hapa, yet they wil never even be a sweeper in the White House hapo - ever!
And about corrruption, who says Hamellica has law and order and no corruption?
One must be living on another planet to believe so;

https://www.jstor.org/stable/40389524

Hamellica is an illusion my brodas
Just make your lucre hapo and return home, baba. Then thank me later.
As I've said umpteen times; Hamellica is nice when one is young and excited and wet behind the ears
The wise ones understand - as has been intimated so lustrously hapo juu by Kapcheptoror ;

the best journeys are those that bring you full circle back home. :D

I lemember when first enjoyed the Venice boardwalk a couple of decades ago. Used to jog hapo to lovely sunsets kraaaaaaa and thought I was really living the life
After a decade of doing so, and with age catching up it became very boring. Clubbing we did it pungulu pungulu pungulu from Freaknik to Club Nairobi in Deep Ellum (who remembers that long-shuttered place? :D), to Nell's NYC - Mungu Ngai Pan am sure remembers that place, that place, that place I tells ya, as well las the tusungu clubs with their uncoordinated dancing to South Beach manenos and endless more. Then we aged out of that too. Then we saw a mbit of the kaundry mpaka those retirement spots you talk of to surfeit. Maney we made a bit of it. After that what else is left to do hapo TSA?

In fact the memories are the mbest part of my USA experience. They keep coming mback in delicious waves. Like the day my buddy and I did Vegas with these ngels, these ngels, these ngels that we knew I tells ya.  Road trip from L.A in our mid twennies. The Vegas strip is definitely not a boring place.  After taking a chopper ride (dirt cheap those days) shweeeee (I remember the gleaming Stratosphere building from the air - very beautiful). We ended up at the Wynn (is it still there) and painted the town red mpaka 3am, ending up properly hammered sitting on the sidewalk with our beers in our hand on Las Vegas Blvd, twinkling lights hapo, The cops came buy and were asking us to move on and my mbuddy started shouting at them in swa. Isapite. We laughed until we cried. Those were the ndays, my flend.

But even that gets old after your 40s

Come home in your own timing, blathees.

Ni hayo tu!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 07:08:16 AM by 20 years since Las Vegas »

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2023, 07:11:56 AM »
hehehehehe! Typical Hamellicano Kwiinyans
Obsessed with medical issues shpaaaaaa because Pfizer and Big Pharma have bombarded your screens with so many medical ads (to sell their drugs) that you can't see life through any other prism
Who says we will live forever :D?
Kwinyans are dying like rodents in Tattered States of America from both natural and unnatural causes
Hapa we take it easy. No hurry in Africa.
Ka-lunch is a 1 hr affair full of social bonding even for some of us who ndon't drink
Njonjo lived to be 100. Most middle class and above Kwiinyans live beyond 80 with organic food and tizi (Njonjo used to do 7 pool laps plus treadmill per day.
The reduced stress quotient in Kwiiinya is also a huge bonus. Majuu hauna hamani and you know it.
In hamellica with all your self-admitted air porrution, carcinogens in everything, asbestos, High Fructose Corn Syrup, GMOs not to mention a plethora of ndawasn dawas njwiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii even for a hiccup, life there is like playing Lussian Loullette.
Add the pervasive racism :roll: Sorry to say it, but in TSA one will never achieve their full potential,
If one can qualify to be a VP of finance of JP Morgan hapo, they are overqualified for Prez hapa, yet they wil never even be a sweeper in the White House hapo - ever!
And about corrruption, who says Hamellica has law and order and no corruption?
One must be living on another planet to believe so;

https://www.jstor.org/stable/40389524

Hamellica is an illusion my brodas
Just make your lucre hapo and return home, baba. Then thank me later.
As I've said umpteen times; Hamellica is nice when one is young and excited and wet behind the ears
The wise ones understand - as has been intimated so lustrously hapo juu by Kapcheptoror ;

"The best journeys are those that bring you full circle back home. :

I lemember when first enjoyed the Venice boardwalk a couple of decades ago. Used to jog hapo to lovely sunsets kraaaaaaa and thought I was really living the life
After a decade of doing so, and with age catching up it became very boring. Clubbing we did it pungulu pungulu pungulu from Freaknik to Club Nairobi in Deep Ellum (who remembers that long-shuttered place? :D), to Nell's NYC - Mungu Ngai Pan am sure remembers that place, that place, that place I tells ya, as well las the tusungu clubs with their uncoordinated dancing to South Beach manenos and endless more. Then we aged out of that too. Then we saw a mbit of the kaundry mpaka those retirement spots you talk of to surfeit. Maney we made a bit of it. After that what else is left to do hapo TSA?

Add that it is corrapsing. Was watching this video jusi and was not surprised:
In fact the memories are the mbest part of my USA experience. They keep coming mback in delicious waves. Like the day my buddy and I did Vegas with these ngels, these ngels, these ngels that we knew I tells ya. Road trip from L.A in our mid twennies, shooting the breeze, taking life by the cojones. The Vegas strip is definitely not a boring place.  After taking a chopper ride (dirt cheap those days) shweeeee (I remember circling  the gleaming Stratosphere building from the air - below - shpaaaaa very beautiful). We ended up at the Wynn (is it still there?) and painted the town red mpaka 3am, ending up properly hammered sitting on the sidewalk with our beers in our hand on Las Vegas Blvd, twinkling lights hapo, The cops came buy and were asking us to move on and my mbuddy started shouting at them in swa. Isapite. We laughed until we cried.

I also miss the RCB days. Especially around 2003-2009 hapo. Tichitals galore full of mealy-mouthed urchin abuse were the norm. Njamriki pia was bad news. Until we young'uns started trolling him and dealt with him square squaa. Siku hizi tumekuwa jizee. Not sure if he is even alive any more, man.

Those were the ndays, my flend.

But even that gets old after your 40s

Come home in your own timing, blathees.

Ni hayo tu!

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2023, 07:22:04 AM »
**double post**

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2023, 07:25:22 AM »
**mis-posted**

Offline cookie1

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2023, 05:55:14 PM »
We have also merrowed in the yues. Imagine how much fun the yues was in our 20's and 30's when we were broke like a church mouse.

Siku hizi we are ngoing to winneries in NAPA varrey, camping in log cambins huko Maine, horse riding in Montana, ndriving our classic convertibles during the weekend, going for cruises in the mbahamas.

Meanwhile you are dodging boda boda riders in kwiinya roads, praying and fasting for rain, kulaing vumbi kira siku, waking up in the midro of the night at the slighest noise mbecause you are scared thugs have mbroken into your fully grilled prison that you now call home. Pray, tell, where do you ngo for runs in kwiinya?

Rife in the yues is nyweeee, stock market house prices have risen, hata crypto guys are making mulah. Ndorra is strong so ngoing hambload is cheaper

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2023, 07:37:46 PM »
We have also merrowed in the yues. Imagine how much fun the yues was in our 20's and 30's when we were broke like a church mouse.

Siku hizi we are ngoing to winneries in NAPA varrey, camping in log cambins huko Maine, horse riding in Montana, ndriving our classic convertibles during the weekend, going for cruises in the mbahamas.

Meanwhile you are dodging boda boda riders in kwiinya roads, praying and fasting for rain, kulaing vumbi kira siku, waking up in the midro of the night at the slighest noise mbecause you are scared thugs have mbroken into your fully grilled prison that you now call home. Pray, tell, where do you ngo for runs in kwiinya?

Rife in the yues is nyweeee, stock market house prices have risen, hata crypto guys are making mulah. Ndorra is strong so ngoing hambload is cheaper

hehehehehe
On the fully grilled prison hapo I agree with you live live
That's why I said acres mashinani are the real deal.
No need for prison grilles na kadhalika hapo.
My rainwater is properly filtered (three stage filter) bila that toxic fluoride in your tap hapo Yues
Jogs tunafanya squuuuuuuuuuuu within our gated community confines in Kanairo
Yues we come to meet old buddies and kuzulula in old haunts we miss zululuuu once every 3-4 years
Every time we visit the kaundry looks shockingly worse than when we left it!

What did Kwiinya do to you blo?
Something traumatized you hapo that made you hate this place, this place, this place I tells ya with a passion :D
I can bet my bottom dollar in another ten years or sooner you will be back in Kwiinya.
That Yues you are singing encomiums of praise about is on a guaranteed corrapse ndownward.

Does this look normal to you for a superpower??

Yep Kwiinyans in Kwiinya, this is the REAL Hamellica. Not the one they cheat you about on CNN

If you've been to London you know even the "slums" of Brixton hapo are better than the downtowns of many Yues cities :lol:

London "slum"

The million dollar question is..WHAT HAPPENED to the Tattered States of America
You must admit. Somewhere down the line something VERY WRONG has happened there over the past four decades
Did you know the Yues has built NO NEW MAJOR INFRASTRUCTURE  since the 70s? :lol:
I DARE you to name JUST ONE to prove me wrong

Isapite.

And who told you the economy there is booming? :roll:
Once gleaming cities like L.A, Portland, Detroit and more are turning into crumbling ghettos even downtown!
Mark my words, when this banking collapse happens, add the debt crisis implosion before 2025, Yues will be worse than Haiti!
That's why we left that place, that place, that place I tells ya mapeeeema because we foresaw all  these things kitambo sana

Ni hayo tu

Offline Fairandbalanced

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2023, 08:21:39 PM »