Author Topic: Planting season. Ukulima is sweet  (Read 21821 times)

Offline .

• Mega superstar
Re: Planting season. Ukulima is sweet
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2023, 07:30:03 AM »
Anything like this in Nairobi or Mombasa?.. ?s=46&t=3-3-_ehcZbukDCK7hNe5LA or this one ?s=46&t=3-3-_ehcZbukDCK7hNe5LA

My type of house :D
WIth a sparkling acacia-dotted tropical garden shpwaaaaaaa, preferably in the middle of nowhere, Kwiinya
But I prefer slightly smaller
This one is in Naivasha.
And which - unlike 99% of homes in TSA - has no mortgage nor property taxes (freehold land) gabsaaa.
With a nearby vegetable patch and 1/2 acre orchard where you can pick fresh fruit, veggies and spices like dhania pickluuu for your spouse to prepare delicious organic meals and blended juices with.

Life does not get berra than that blathees.

Ni hayo tu

Offline cookie1

« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2023, 06:52:05 PM »
It's a ngood house but overpriced.

Taxes provide pubric services like library, parks, playgrounds, ngood schools, well maintained roads, utilities such as piped water, sewer and electric ngrid. If you are in an emergency, ngod forbid a stroke, cardiac arrest, or neurological episode, you will left to the mercy of your manual lamborers.

This tells me you are ignorant when you say there are no property taxes. Enjoy the vumbi mbut quit trying to tell us that kwiinya is paradiso

My type of house :D
WIth a sparkling acacia-dotted tropical garden shpwaaaaaaa, preferably in the middle of nowhere, Kwiinya
But I prefer slightly smaller
This one is in Naivasha.
And which - unlike 99% of homes in TSA - has no mortgage nor property taxes (freehold land) gabsaaa.
With a nearby vegetable patch and 1/2 acre orchard where you can pick fresh fruit, veggies and spices like dhania pickluuu for your spouse to prepare delicious organic meals and blended juices with.

Life does not get berra than that blathees.

Ni hayo tu

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2023, 07:18:11 PM »
It's a ngood house but overpriced.

Taxes provide pubric services like library, parks, playgrounds, ngood schools, well maintained roads, utilities such as piped water, sewer and electric ngrid. If you are in an emergency, ngod forbid a stroke, cardiac arrest, or neurological episode, you will left to the mercy of your manual lamborers.

This tells me you are ignorant when you say there are no property taxes. Enjoy the vumbi mbut quit trying to tell us that kwiinya is paradiso

But how do you know it is overpriced :D?

You seem VERY ANGRY AND BITTER about Kwiinya and life in general blo :roll:
Tulia ritru bit, ritru bit.

Tis never that serious.

What did Kwiinya do to you?

You sound like one of those ndangerous, ndangerous, ndangerous nguys who will slap their mother because someone else's msungu mama next door has a better house in which she has offered her single room SQ for you to vegetate in.

Isapite

Ni hayo tu

Offline cookie1

« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2023, 07:30:17 PM »
I have no ngripe with kwiinya. I visit up to 3 times a year. I can afford to live anywhere in kwiinya and never have to work another day in my life. Jana was pay nday which is like winning the lottery every 2 weeks and then year end we nget mbonus mega jackpot. the cherry is I get to do what i love.

Life is ngood, living the ndream

But how do you know it is overpriced :D?
You seem VERY ANGRY AND BITTER about Kwiinya and life in general blo :roll:
Tulia ritru bit, ritru bit.

Tis never that serious.

What did Kwiinya do to you?

You sound like one of those ndangerous, ndangerous, ndangerous nguys who will slap their mother because someone else's msungu mama next door has a better house in which she has offered her single room SQ for you to vegetate in.

Isapite

Ni hayo tu

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2023, 07:36:53 PM »
Back to topic.
Battling Nkooks and his unwarranted hasilas is now becoming boring :lol:

Pundito your seedlings idea is not a bad one at all. Virtually all the folks in my zone with shambas are looking for trees to mark boundaries, act as windbreaks and just for the natural beauty they provide.

I really enjoy watching a small seedling I planted one or two years ago sprout into a huge tree in which birds nest , and under which meetings can take place on hot days due to the shade they provide

You will definitely make moolah from that. Casuarina and Grevillea Robusta are excellent choices for the purpose, and Cypress for timber in the acres dedicated to it.
 I also want to plant Mukau which is very drought tolerant. Shida is finding the seeds. I think only KEFRI has them but I could  be wrong

Add zambarau which grows very fast and has delicious fruits to boot. I am thinking of bee-keeping too. Acacia honey is delicious and there is virtually no work at all involved once the hives are installed.

Bottom line, shamba life is sweet. One of the best stress relievers on the planet  :D

Ni hayo tu

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2023, 07:39:42 PM »
I have no ngripe with kwiinya. I visit up to 3 times a year. I can afford to live anywhere in kwiinya and never have to work another day in my life. Jana was pay nday which is like winning the lottery every 2 weeks and then year end we nget mbonus mega jackpot. the cherry is I get to do what i love.

Life is ngood, living the ndream

hehehehe you are still talking about maney flom ablod?
You must have missed my post on the previous page about the same  :D
But as always kila nyani na starehe zage.
Everyone has their own choices to live with when the dust settrus

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2023, 07:46:39 PM »
I do trees but I have realized seedling is even better in returns.
A seedling bag is 1shs - planting 1shs - taking care 1shs - and in less than year - I can sell it for 10-20-100-300-1000?
Tero me any other investment like that.
You put in 10-20m of seedlings - you're rooking at clean 100-200m per year - and that can fit maybe 5 acres of land.
And you get chipu labour - paying them minimum wage - irrigate the land - done proper pipe work
Kenya gov want to plant 10B seedlings - but no seedlings.
Then you go into planting large trees - that you can sell for 1,000, 5,000, 10,000, 20,000 - like abload - for Nairobi real estate.
Or christmas trees - for wannabe midro crass of Nairobi.
It risk free investment - I have studied the rest iko na machida - matina - chungu mzima.
Hi ya seedling you just need land next to good source of water.
And a truck
You do vitu ama fruits - avacados - you sell 300 - Isinya bahindis making a kill.

Halafu pia I love trees. My dream is to live in middle of trees.

Back to topic.
Battling Nkooks and his unwarranted hasilas is now becoming boring :lol:

Pundito your seedlings idea is not a bad one at all. Virtually all the folks in my zone with shambas are looking for trees to mark boundaries, act as windbreaks and just for the natural beauty they provide.

I really enjoy watching a small seedling I planted one or two years ago sprout into a huge tree in which birds nest , and under which meetings can take place on hot days due to the shade they provide

You will definitely make moolah from that. Casuarina and Grevillea Robusta are excellent choices for the purpose, and Cypress for timber in the acres dedicated to it.
 I also want to plant Mukau which is very drought tolerant. Shida is finding the seeds. I think only KEFRI has them but I could  be wrong

Add zambarau which grows very fast and has delicious fruits to boot. I am thinking of bee-keeping too. Acacia honey is delicious and there is virtually no work at all involved once the hives are installed.

Bottom line, shamba life is sweet. One of the best stress relievers on the planet  :D

Ni hayo tu

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2023, 08:07:30 PM »
A seedling bag is 1shs - planting 1shs - taking care 1shs - and in less than year - I can sell it for 10-20-100-300-1000?
You put in 10-20m of seedlings - you're rooking at clean 100-200m per year - and that can fit maybe 5 acres of land.
And you get chipu labour - paying them minimum wage - irrigate the land - done proper pipe work
Then you go into planting large trees - that you can sell for 1,000, 5,000, 10,000 - like abload.
It risk free investment - I have studied the rest iko na machida - matina - chungu mzima.
And a truck
You do vitu ama fruits - avacados - you sell 300 - Isinya bahindis making a kill.

Good stuff, I doubt it not. There is a lady I ordered fruit seedlings from online. She is one of those roadside seedlings sellers somewhere by the highway near Ruiru. She and her hubby came to deliver them personally in a gleaming brand new Toyota Hilux - showroom price is in the many millions. I have no doubt she mints millions from her bizna. Especially since watu kama sisi (shamba owners) need seedlings vibaya sana almost all the time. Add the failure rate is high, especially in the drier zones of Kwiinya. Of all the seedlings I have planted over the years in this particular shamba, probably only 20% have survived and grown into trees so we keep returning for more. But for the vendor, all they need is seeds (or cuttings) and ritru bit water and they are set.

Whenever I need timber for one sort of roofing project or another I cringe at the per foot prices, so cypress trees are a maney mint for those keen on venturing into such a biz.

Hay pia is another goldmine. Boma Rhodes grows fast and is expe sana at 200bob minimum per bale. One just needs a basic structure (blue gum poles and a mabati roof) to keep the hay from rotting which it does when wet. I am too lazy these days to pursue such ventures. The problem with them is they require a lot of attention and time which I have left for the hungry and ambitious younger folks to pursue.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2023, 08:19:03 PM »
Yes, the great thing with tree seedling - you can set up in roadside - and be in business - zero rent.
The problem I see - those roadsides spend lot of time - with manual watering and planting.
Ideally to scale - you better set up somewhere huko Karua forest - and then set up distribution network in streets along the country.
use the roadside as selling point - not where you produce the seedlings. This what our SME seedling providers dont quite nail

Yes hay and silage is going to be big business - if you get machinery - as dairy is mbig business in Kenya

Again it question of avoiding intensive business - like dairy or tea - you rather do avacados - or coffee - which are harvested in a season or two - and you disappear abroad for summers or travel the world.

Avacados definitely should work for you...

Avoid business like dairy or poultry or pigs or tea - that is not semi-retirement - that is stress like corporate job.

Do trees - wait for them for 8-10yr - passive investment. Do Apples. Do Avacados. Do these fruits trees - with one or two harvest season - then rest of year you dont have to be around.

Even maize or wheat farming at large scale - farmers concentrate for six months - then take holidays maybe for 4 months - come back to plough again for 2 months - but you need large acreage.

If you have money go to kwale or transmara - plant sugar-cane - wait for 1-2yrs - harvest. You dont have to be in farm everyday. You wait for 1-2yrs - harvest.

Then you go into planting large trees - that you can sell for 1,000, 5,000, 10,000 - like abload.
And a truck

Good stuff, I doubt it not. There is a lady I ordered fruit seedlings from online. She is one of those roadside seedlings sellers somewhere by the highway near Ruiru. She and her hubby came to deliver them personally in a gleaming brand new Toyota Hilux - showroom price is in the many millions. I have no doubt she mints millions from her bizna. Especially since watu kama sisi (shamba owners) need seedlings vibaya sana almost all the time. Add the failure rate is high, especially in the drier zones of Kwiinya. Of all the seedlings I have planted over the years in this particular shamba, probably only 20% have survived and grown into trees so we keep returning for more. But for the vendor, all they need is seeds (or cuttings) and ritru bit water and they are set.

Whenever I need timber for one sort of roofing project or another I cringe at the per foot prices, so cypress trees are a maney mint for those keen on venturing into such a biz.

Hay pia is another goldmine. Boma Rhodes grows fast and is expe sana at 200bob minimum per bale. One just needs a basic structure (blue gum poles and a mabati roof) to keep the hay from rotting which it does when wet. I am too lazy these days to pursue such ventures. The problem with them is they require a lot of attention and time which I have left for the hungry and ambitious younger folks to pursue.

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2023, 05:30:50 AM »
Yes, the great thing with tree seedling - you can set up in roadside - and be in business - zero rent.
The problem I see - those roadsides spend lot of time - with manual watering and planting.
Ideally to scale - you better set up somewhere huko Karua forest - and then set up distribution network in streets along the country.
use the roadside as selling point - not where you produce the seedlings. This what our SME seedling providers dont quite nail

Yes hay and silage is going to be big business - if you get machinery - as dairy is mbig business in Kenya

Again it question of avoiding intensive business - like dairy or tea - you rather do avacados - or coffee - which are harvested in a season or two - and you disappear abroad for summers or travel the world.

Avacados definitely should work for you...

Avoid business like dairy or poultry or pigs or tea - that is not semi-retirement - that is stress like corporate job.

Do trees - wait for them for 8-10yr - passive investment. Do Apples. Do Avacados. Do these fruits trees - with one or two harvest season - then rest of year you dont have to be around.

Even maize or wheat farming at large scale - farmers concentrate for six months - then take holidays maybe for 4 months - come back to plough again for 2 months - but you need large acreage.

If you have money go to kwale or transmara - plant sugar-cane - wait for 1-2yrs - harvest. You dont have to be in farm everyday. You wait for 1-2yrs - harvest.

I like your ideas bro. On passive investments especially juu I don't have time to be as hands on as I used to be zamani za kale. I think trees will work best for me but I will have to change my farm manager as that guy, that guy, that guy I tells ya is totally corrupt. He will uproot the seedlings after the KYM guys have planted them and sell them tungulu tungulu for his pocket. Then claim zilikauka zote. Isapite. Good thing with trees is you plant during rainy season one time and leave them nyweee for 10 years then come harvest. Honey pia same same. Kazi only during harvesting and the bees do the rest, especially with Langstroth beehives.

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2023, 06:31:07 AM »
Speaking of shamba life, one thing I enjoy about it is it forces you to slow down especially if you are 100% off-grid like I am and nearest neighbours are very far.
Jiko nyamchoms are something else, And if adventurous, try swara choma. Illegal but the vijanas of the area can easily get you a juicy leg or two of the same after hunting in the savannah. That meat, that meat, that meat I tells ya is delicious.  Basically if you have solar, enough rain water harvesting capacity from your roofs, sufficient underground and above ground storage and a tank tower with water pump at your mashinani diggz, you are set settuuu. You don't even need a borehole which has hard water with crazy minerals you know not of.  In fact I would urge most Kwiinyans with a bit of maney to do the same. The security and peace of mind that comes with it is incredible. As stated before, No KPLC bills, fresh farm food, no mortgage, no taxes; sustainable living at its best. I am trying to replicate the same model in Coasto where per acre prices are dirt cheap so you can get large swathes affordably. Shida as always is fencing ritru mbit ritru mbit. Especially in Coasto where squatter issues isaproblem so a fence is critical. Ultimate plan is to spend 6 months in Kanairo with family and the other 6 mashinani + traveling around our beautiful country.  TSA life does not come close to the enjoyment hapo hapo IMHO.

Ni hayo tu

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2023, 10:17:50 AM »
Yes bees is something. I have met swiss beekeepers who are well off. But they have some special kind of bee.

I like your ideas bro. On passive investments especially juu I don't have time to be as hands on as I used to be zamani za kale. I think trees will work best for me but I will have to change my farm manager as that guy, that guy, that guy I tells ya is totally corrupt. He will uproot the seedlings after the KYM guys have planted them and sell them tungulu tungulu for his pocket. Then claim zilikauka zote. Isapite. Good thing with trees is you plant during rainy season one time and leave them nyweee for 10 years then come harvest. Honey pia same same. Kazi only during harvesting and the bees do the rest, especially with Langstroth beehives.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2023, 10:19:28 AM »
Yeah that coast kind of appeal to me - but for land issues.
Speaking of shamba life, one thing I enjoy about it is it forces you to slow down especially if you are 100% off-grid like I am and nearest neighbours are very far.
Jiko nyamchoms are something else, And if adventurous, try swara choma. Illegal but the vijanas of the area can easily get you a juicy leg or two of the same after hunting in the savannah. That meat, that meat, that meat I tells ya is delicious.  Basically if you have solar, enough rain water harvesting capacity from your roofs, sufficient underground and above ground storage and a tank tower with water pump at your mashinani diggz, you are set settuuu. You don't even need a borehole which has hard water with crazy minerals you know not of.  In fact I would urge most Kwiinyans with a bit of maney to do the same. The security and peace of mind that comes with it is incredible. As stated before, No KPLC bills, fresh farm food, no mortgage, no taxes; sustainable living at its best. I am trying to replicate the same model in Coasto where per acre prices are dirt cheap so you can get large swathes affordably. Shida as always is fencing ritru mbit ritru mbit. Especially in Coasto where squatter issues isaproblem so a fence is critical. Ultimate plan is to spend 6 months in Kanairo with family and the other 6 mashinani + traveling around our beautiful country.  TSA life does not come close to the enjoyment hapo hapo IMHO.

Ni hayo tu

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2023, 12:03:17 PM »
Yeah that coast kind of appeal to me - but for land issues.

Which land issues?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2023, 03:24:02 PM »
Generally buying land is dumb unless you want to invest in long term passive investment like trees.
What I have noticed - land leasing rate - has remain stagnat at 5k - for donkey years
while land prices are over a million even in deep rural places.

If you were to earn money from leasing or renting your land - you'd need 200yrs!!

When I decide to retire - I will be leasing land. It stupid to buy land for agriculture unless near Nairobi or such areas - where you looking to re-sale.

Which land issues?

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2023, 05:21:42 PM »
Generally buying land is dumb unless you want to invest in long term passive investment like trees.
What I have noticed - land leasing rate - has remain stagnat at 5k - for donkey years

If you were to earn money from leasing or renting your land - you'd need 200yrs!!

When I decide to retire - I will be leasing land. It stupid to buy land for agriculture unless near Nairobi or such areas - where you looking to re-sale.

Which land issues?

Look at these thing these way ritru bit ritru bit.
Ray Croc once asked an MBA class he was lecturing what business he was in.
They all were amused, saying, "isn't it obvious you are in the fast food business? - Mcdonalds"
He replied. Nope!

"My business is to buy prime lots (what we call plots hapa) in key cities all across the world."
They were stunned.

That is the power of the shamba blo.
In fact mashamba mashinani is the smartest investment juu you are getting in on the ground floor.
Did you not hear Nkooks crying that tushambas in Kwiinya are all overpriced? :lol:
Na bado.

By 2040 adamant Hamelliikwano Kwiinyans coming home after being forced to swallow their egos  as TSA collapses
will not even be able to afford an eighth in Garbatula!
An acre in Muthaiga might be going for 3B easy.

The summary of the book Rich Dad Poor Dad is simple. Nunua shamba  :D Hiyo tu.
Shamba is the ultimate passive investment long term no matter whether you play kalongo, dance isukuti or plant beans on it for a hobby.
With improvements on it things skyrocket even more.

Leasing, agriculture na kadharika are the least of our worries blo.

Look at Jomo's wife and shudrens
Selling Northlands at 40 metre per acre :lol:
How much do you suppose they bought it for in the 1960s when that whole area was considered uninhabitable bush mashinani?
I bet you not more than 1000 bob per acre because not even fisis and buffaloes wanted to live there.

Note also that electricity coverage in Kwiinya is now 85%
In ten years time if peace prevails and with WSR at the helm we are talking 99%
Meaning the concept of mashinani will be completely nugatory.

I gambled on a dirt cheap shamba Coasto mashinani just to test the waters and found very many watu wa baras are also investing hapo.
The place is very safe and investable. The same is happening everywhere across the nation.
These year I am gonna ramp up more acres hapo (Coasto) big time, God willing.
The infrastructure there is tatty meaning once it comes in- whether ten years from now or twenty - tuko set settuuu
I will be dishing it out northlands styro for an arm and a leg per acre 20 years from now if God lets me survive that long.

I read an article in the gazettis some years back about a jizee saying he had an opportunity to by land in Lang'ata in the 1960s for nothing or near nothing
His wife discourage him BITTERLY Nkooks style :roll: so he let the opportunity slip.
At that time Lang'ata was not even considered part of Nairobi per se.
Now you know how much an acre in Langata is going for.

Did you know Mwiki, much of Kasa and surrounding estos were once worthless black-cotton soil scrublands owned by Jomo's clan?
Yep. Now try buying 1/8th in any of those areas today. A metre per 1/8th would be considered a throw away price hapo.

The secret is basically ritru mbit of patience blo. We know what we are doing.

Bottom line, buy up that mashinani land by the tens or hundreds of acres and thank me later blathee.
These secrets are not known by many but now you know.

Ni hayo tu

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2023, 05:41:20 PM »
I agree if you're buying as investment...as inflation proof store of value.
But if you're buying for farming...it doesnt make economic sense.
I would lease...for farming.
Then of course buy especially peri-urban. areas.
Rural areas even with water and electricity - will lack hospitals, schools, universities, shopping centers.
But if you buy say 100km radius from Nairobi city center - good money.
Say 50 km from Mombasa.
30km from Nakuru, Kisumu and  Eldy.
Those are likely to appreciate faster than inflation.

Which land issues?

Look at these thing these way ritru bit ritru bit.
Ray Croc once asked an MBA class he was lecturing what business he was in.
They all were amused, saying, "isn't it obvious you are in the fast food business? - Mcdonalds"
He replied. Nope!

"My business is to buy prime lots (what we call plots hapa) in key cities all across the world."
They were stunned.

That is the power of the shamba blo.
In fact mashamba mashinani is the smartest investment juu you are getting in on the ground floor.
Did you not hear Nkooks crying that tushambas in Kwiinya are all overpriced? :lol:
Na bado. By 2040 adamant Hamelliikwano Kwiinyans coming home after being forced to wallow their egos as TSA collapses will not even be able to afford an eighth in Garbatula!
An acre in Muthaiga might be going for 3B easy.

The summary of the book Rich Dad Poor Dad is simple. Nunua shamba  :D Hiyo tu.
Shamba is the ultimate passive investment long term no matter whether you play kalongo, dance isukuti or plant beans on it for a hobby.
With improvements on it things skyrocket even more

Leasing, agriculture na kadharika are the least of our worries blo.

Look at Jomo's wife and shudrens
Selling Northlands at 40 metre per acre :lol:
How much do you suppose they bought it for in the 1960s when that whole area was considered uninhabitable bush mashinani?
I bet you not more than 1000 bob per acre because not even fisis and buffaloes wanted to live there.

Note also that electricity coverage in Kwiinya is now 85%
In ten years time if peace prevails and with WSR at the helm we are talking 99%
Meaning the concept of mashinani will be completely nugatory.

I gambled on a dirt cheap shamba Coasto mashinani just to test the waters and found very many watu wa baras are also investing hapo.
The place is very safe and investable.
These year I am gonna ramp up more acres hapo big time.
The infrastructure there is tatty meaning once it comes in-whether ten years from now or twenty- tuko set properly
I will be dishing it out northlands styro for an arm and a leg per acre 20 years from now if God lets me survive that long.

I read an article in the gazettis some years back about a jizee saying he had an opportunity to by land in Lang'ata in the 1960s for nothing or near nothing
His wife discourage him BITTERLY Nkooks style :roll: so he let the opportunity slip.
At that time Lang'ata was not even considered part of Nairobi per se.
Now you know how much an acre in Langata is going for.

Did you know Mwiki, much of Kasa and surrounding estos were once worthless black-cotton soil scrublands owned my Jomo's clan?
Yep. Now try buying 1/8th in any of those areas today. A metre per 1/8th is a throw away price hapo.

The secret is basically ritru mbit of patience blo. We know what we are doing.

Bottom line, buy up that mashinani land by the tens or hundreds of acres and thank me later blathee.
These secrets are not known by many but now you know.

NI hayo tu

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2023, 05:53:28 PM »
Rural areas even with water and electricity - will lack hospitals, schools, universities, shopping centers.
Say 50 km from Mombasa.

Hapo I have to disagree with ya  :D
Look at this kamzee deep mashinani.
In fact nobody wanted that land when he bought it.

As I said, take my advice ritru mbit, ritru mbit and thank me later
As always
Ni hayo tu.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2023, 06:48:16 PM »
Yes some of rural land are cheap. I regret not buying some places in kericho that was going for 120k per acre. These are dry areas like Ukambani that just need water - build huge water dam - and you're in business.
Definitely worth hunting for search land - cheap - because they are dry.
Then fix water problem.

So definitely if you get an acre in rural kenya going for something like 200kES buy -

Say 50 km from Mombasa.

Hapo I have to disagree with ya  :D
Look at this kamzee deep mashinani.
In fact nobody wanted that land when he bought it.

As I said, take my advice ritru mbit, ritru mbit and thank me later
As always
Ni hayo tu.