Author Topic: Planting season. Ukulima is sweet  (Read 21625 times)

Offline .

• Mega superstar
Re: Planting season. Ukulima is sweet
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2023, 08:29:29 AM »

Wynn was something else, man. Interesting that it's still there. Also liked the Trump Hotel slightly off the strip like Strat. Cheap but classy kiasi. A lot of places are there for a while then disappear to smithereens after some years. That chopper company we used for example is looooong gone.

Nice plan you have there. Except the ending part of not wanting to come back to Kwiinya :D

One thing I realised from visiting Kwiinya every December hols for at least 3-4 weeks every year and moving back eventually for good, is that there is a huge difference between short term visits versus living here permanently. I can't emphasize that enough. When I first arrived I thought I knew Kwiinya pretty well during all those yearly visits. Shock on me. I had so much more to learn once I landed.

US mindset does NOT work here at all, at all, at all. You have to reconfigure your thinking almost 100%. If you want to hang out with non-mediocre, non-drunk people (I too used to be very irritated with the drinking + partying culture hapa, especially since I quit drinking over a decade ago)  you need to move in non-drunk, non-mediocre circles. Something a person cannot do within a 3-4 week vacation. Those circles are not very accessible nor visible unless you've been hapa on the ground at least a year or so.

Also, as you well know, there is no hurry in Afrikwaa, so PATIENCE is a skill one needs to learn while here, especially on mambos like building your diggz, buying shambas, getting documents and so on. Funnily enough that easy, slowed-down pace has been good for my soul. Has made me stop and smell the roses instead of having a twenty-point to do list that I used to have every morning for the day while in TSA. Working incredibly hard, chasing worthless dollars, yet missing out on the simpler things that are FREE that really have import in the final analysis. Like spending QUALITY time with your wife and kids. Not just dinner dates and brief evening interactions after jobo or bizna.

My best memories growing up as a kid were always the long trips my late dad would take us on once every year. To Nakuru or Mombasa and so on. 3 to 4 days pamoja with no distractions really made us bond as a family. I try to do that very often with my family sasa. In TSA, let's be honest, this is hardly possible. Like the Kenny Chesney song "Don't Blink" -- it is very easy hapo to miss out on your babies growing up and turning into mom's and dad's hapo despite them living in your house! Mum and dad are always working, and when they get home they are too tired to do anything else except maybe slump on the sofa and watch TV, beer in hand to tamp that stress tampuuu.

Finally, as I said in other posts, besides the social capital and relaxed pace, one of the best things I enjoy about Kwiinya is nature and the outdoors. No country on earth comes close. I love that ka-drive  down the escarpment to Naivasha. As well as Suswa-Ntulelei-Narok past gold-tinged wheat fields glinting under the African sun. I usually load up my USB with hundreds of songs and a few podcasts for the long drive and cruise nyweeeeeeeeeeeeeee while the sun courses across the sky. Few things in life are as enjoyable as that, man. Mombasa road to Namanga past Bisil is also dreamy. Emali to Loitoktok pia. I really underestimated Loitoktok town. Now it's my favourite town in Kajiado by far. Kili views, semi-chilly weather, small town feel, the works! Reminds me sana of Aguas Calientes huko kwa wakina Jose na Wamehihano/South Americans wenzake. I really, really enjoyed my time there (Loitoktok). Lake Magadi is also very unique. And of course I have to big up wakina Lokichokio  :D and the surreal views of the jade sea (Lake Turkana) at Eliye Springs hapo. Add the Rift Valley lakes (bogoria especially) and it's a wrap. Yet that is just the extreme tip of the iceberg. You can explore nature in Kwiinya by going to a different place every month and will never run out of places to go for 50 years. And lets not talk about the food. Alulululuuuuu forget about the nyamchoms na kadhalika (very nice too). Lamu cuisine is out of this world.Those waarabus know their stuff man. I miss drinking ukwaju juice while lazing on the balcony in MSA watching the waves bobble bubulu, bubulu, bubulu up and down while camels are being moved across the beach. Add all sorts of varieties of local foods from all over Kwiinya down to the yummy mahindi choma or chili mangoes.

But I know Nkooks will find some way to rebut and disagree bitterly :roll:

But anyway, as I said, Kila nyani na starehe zage. US got old for me around 2005 to 2007 hapo. Maybe because I had retired and was very idle and there was not much else for me to do hapo. Memories galore of that place that place that place I tells ya, but I would never wanna live there again ever. For others, US is the place to be and I don't begrudge them.  For me, Kwiinya is where it is at. Even the ordinary things like walking through tao, especially the lesser known sections towards what Kwiinyans here call downtown (Nyamakima, Luthuli, Matiba Rd and so on i.e. less posh sections of Kanairo) is a feast for the senses. You can literally get anything hapo, but chunga fakes and conmen :roll:!. Went looking for a bosch drill and solar panels hapo juzi and got all I wanted and more. Talking to people (social capital) while buying things and bargaining is also extremely enjoyable for me. Bottom line, I love my motherland, man. Flaws and all.

Ni hayo tu

Beautiful escarpment drive

Road to Narok

Loitoktok 1

Lake Turkana at Eliye

Bogoria

Delicious ukwaju

Lamu food festival

Luthuli Ave Electronics

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2023, 11:33:25 AM »
Most Kenyans small scale farmers do not have monies to buy fertilizer leave alone chemicals. 

That most of the produce is exported to EU shows the residue levels are acceptable except for a few cases where likes of sema will apply selective outrage.

Security in Kenya is very subjective and complex. Most of the popular robberies and killings reported in the media are very suspicious and have so many questions/gaps. Family, house helps, watchmen, deals gone sour, scammers getting a visit, and all shebang. 
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline cookie1

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2023, 04:30:33 PM »
Kwiinya is crumbling right mbefore your own eyes mbut in your head you are convinced the yues is teetering on the brink of total destruction.

When it comes to outdoors, we are spoilt for choice. And the outdoors are FREE in the yues. I charrenge you to put a list of 10 FREE and PUBLIC outdoor praces within Nairobi and it's environs. Other than kalula forrest hakuna. And don't try listing jevanjee, city and uhuru parks mbecause they are dirapindated. In which estate can one play pick-up basketball in Nai? How about ngolf, where can one play as a non-member?

If you want to compare kwiinya with other countries stick to rwanda, ug, 9ja or tanzania, ethiopia and if you have the time an energy try seuth afrika mbut you will be disappointed.

There's a reason why mirrions of peoples are dying to nget into the yues while in kwiinya it's the opposite, anyone with means is trying to flee. Tens of thousands of kwiinyans would rather be ensraved in the midro east than die from poverty in that god forsaken hell hole

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2023, 04:50:02 PM »
Cookie - name any rich kenyan - whose sons and daughters - prefer to live in US - rather than Karens or Rundas.
Kenya is great if you have money.
Dont lie to yourself.
If you dont have money - yes it hell-hole.

If you have money - riasing kids in kenya is easy - in USA - even one kid will drive you nuts - you have to drive them to school - pick them - no house maid or help.

Kenya is paradise to me - huko Yues or Europe ni kutafuta. Miserable life.

Tafuta pesa - rudi Kenya - kula raha.

Some countries of course in Africa are hell hole - where president and their families prefer to spend their money abload as nothing works.

But kwinya - where experts voted NO 9 in the world - you gotta be kidding me - not to want to be in Kenya.

Unless again - you have to be there.

For me - Ideally - six months in kwinya and six month abroad has worked for me -

Kwiinya is crumbling right mbefore your own eyes mbut in your head you are convinced the yues is teetering on the brink of total destruction.

When it comes to outdoors, we are spoilt for choice. And the outdoors are FREE in the yues. I charrenge you to put a list of 10 FREE and PUBLIC outdoor praces within Nairobi and it's environs. Other than kalula forrest hakuna. And don't try listing jevanjee, city and uhuru parks mbecause they are dirapindated. In which estate can one play pick-up basketball in Nai? How about ngolf, where can one play as a non-member?

If you want to compare kwiinya with other countries stick to rwanda, ug, 9ja or tanzania, ethiopia and if you have the time an energy try seuth afrika mbut you will be disappointed.

There's a reason why mirrions of peoples are dying to nget into the yues while in kwiinya it's the opposite, anyone with means is trying to flee. Tens of thousands of kwiinyans would rather be ensraved in the midro east than die from poverty in that god forsaken hell hole

Offline sema

• Enigma
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2023, 05:45:54 PM »
Cookie - name any rich kenyan - whose sons and daughters - prefer to live in US - rather than Karens or Rundas.

They can't live in the US because they don't have the work ethic. Kenya is better for them because they can drink, party and do drugs all day. 

This is why you rarely see generational wealth.

Rich kids in America will start companies.  Look at Gates/Microsoft; Zuckerburg/Faceboook; Founders of Google; Jeff Bezos/Amazon.

kenyans are just lazy drunkards. So, yes, Kenya is better for them because they don't have the IQ's or work ethic to compete with rich American kids.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2023, 06:02:26 PM »
You're writing lots of nonsense - US tech start up - is an exception - not the rule.

Fact is Kenya is functional country where rich can enjoy it.

That is why foreigners from US and world describes Nairobi as best city in Africa beating many other cities.

Nairobi if you have money is great.

They can't live in the US because they don't have the work ethic. Kenya is better for them because they can drink, party and do drugs all day. 

Rich kids in America will start companies.  Look at Gates/Microsoft; Zuckerburg/Faceboook; Founders of Google; Jeff Bezos/Amazon.

kenyans are just lazy drunkards. So, yes, Kenya is better for them because they don't have the IQ's or work ethic to compete with rich American kids.

Offline sema

• Enigma
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2023, 06:04:25 PM »
That is why foreigners from US and world describes Nairobi as best city in Africa beating many other cities.

:D :D :D Better than Cape Town?

comparing cities in africa is like comparing two pygmies and asking me which one is taller.

I find Nairobi to be a dusty, polluted, traffic clogged, chaotic place with No walking paths and no greenery anymore; noisy run down matatu's; very poor looking people (try walking & you'll be stopped by street kids, beggars, hawkers, etc very annoying); and don't even think about wearing white; I just find myself always wanting to rush back into my car and escape.

Going to watamu is essential for your mental health if you are in nairobi beyond 2 weeks.

Offline cookie1

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2023, 06:15:44 PM »
Oldie left silicon varrey because he couldn't hack it and he has been reduced to a subsistant farmer rearing kienyeji chicken in kwiinya.

His former peers are launching rockets, building driverless vehicles and automated machines, working in AI and crypto brock chain.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2023, 06:16:57 PM »
I know people in Nairobi who've never gone to downtown, eastlands and name it.
Personally when I came to Nairobi - for at least 5yrs - I had not stepped into Eastlands.
But I had been to Kibra a few times.

They are people in Kenya who live in their bubble - and do of course watamus, lamus, naivasha and such for weekend escapades.

Like I said - Nairobi if you have money is great - if you dont - it a struggle.

:D :D :D Better than Cape Town?

comparing cities in africa is like comparing two pygmies and asking me which one is taller.

I find Nairobi to be a dusty, polluted, traffic clogged, chaotic place with No walking paths and no greenery anymore; noisy run down matatu's; very poor looking people (try walking & you'll be stopped by street kids, beggars, hawkers, etc very annoying); and don't even think about wearing white; I just find myself always wanting to rush back into my car and escape.

Going to watamu is essential for your mental health if you are in nairobi beyond 2 weeks.

Offline cookie1

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2023, 06:17:30 PM »
Double post aaargh

Offline cookie1

« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2023, 06:18:14 PM »
Double post

Offline cookie1

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2023, 06:18:40 PM »
Double post

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2023, 06:18:54 PM »
I dont think he was ever in tech. He was mostly a wall street type who did finance. The man I doubt can go broke - he is genius when it come to stock trading.
Oldie left silicon varrey because he couldn't hack it and he has been reduced to a subsistant farmer rearing kienyeji chicken in kwiinya.

His former peers are launching rockets, building driverless vehicles and automated machines, working in AI and crypto brock chain.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2023, 06:20:31 PM »
Another trend I have noticed. People are relocating to villages and working remotely. Post Covid-19. The only problem villagers think you're a wierdo who lock himself inside the house the whole day. They dont know you're working remotely.

Now you can pretty much live and work anywhere.

The future will see people abandon towns for rural living. Prepare for this. Build yourself a nice rural home - get into some part time farming - get yourself a StarLink - get yourself very good solar system - get your own safe drinking water - and you'll live a far much better live outside city polution.

Again only problem is how to shelter yourself from villagers. You need to enforce security.

Offline cookie1

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2023, 07:03:14 PM »
People with maney prefer the US. Other than US ambassador who is doing charity work in kwiinya, there is no other dollar billionaire.

If you read local news onry you will think the rich like Nairobi. On the contrary, the few and far in between who visit kwiinya come for the safari. For city life, they ngo or live in cities like new york, san francisco, london, paris, los angeles. To them nairobi is another big slum.

Hii maneno ati if you have maney come to kwiinya is bar talk. Rich indians and chinese are fleeing asia to the west in droves.

You're writing lots of nonsense - US tech start up - is an exception - not the rule.

Fact is Kenya is functional country where rich can enjoy it.

Nairobi if you have money is great.

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2023, 07:05:34 PM »

:roll: :roll:
Nkooks has now sidestepped attacking Kwiinya bitterly because he cannot debate ON ISSUES and has now been reduced to ad hominem attacks on Lokichokioman to soothe the ego
:roll: :roll:

Maanchap ya Musa

Face it blo, TSA is CRUMBLING  TO DUST by the day. This is an INCONTROVERTIBLE FACT

The folks you mention are all employees wage-slaving their lives away :lol:

If you asked them if they were enjoying their wage-slave gigs I bet you 99% of them would say if they didn't have so much debt and a family to feed, they would rather be raising chickens in Kansas.

50% of them hate their wage-slave gigs (corporate especially) so much they would not wish it on anyone! :roll:
https://fortune.com/2022/11/15/american-workers-hate-their-jobs/

Is Nudlo making all this up? NOPE these are OBJECTIVE FACTS my brudders.

Isaroyalpite!

Those who are wise and can circumvent their egos can relate to what I am saying.
Flee TSA asap my frens or at least START MAKING PLANS TO
Before the CBDCs are rolled out by the Fed (happening soon)
And the BRICS plus dump the dollar as a reserve currency and launch their gold-backed currency (happening soon as well)
Hamellikwa will never be the same again
And before the de-industrialization of Hamellica that began IN THE 60's becomes complete  :D
Do you honestly think that all this is by ACCIDENT?
if you do, then I have an underwater plot in beautiful Diani that I want to sell you for a billion dollars :lol:

Leave wakina Nkooks to wallow in their self-delusion that Hamellikwa is heaven on earth.
As the Transgender-LGBT manenos rolls out full scale on their kids hapo in the curriculums there. Their kids will not know what hit them.
And skid rows full of drug addicts become the norm in every single Hamellikwan sidewalk - even the posh burbs- as crazy drugs like bath salts, meth, oxy, fentanyl, heroin and so on become normalized, making cocaine, weed and crack look like sukari ya kutengeneza chai nayo.
They in fact will be legalized hapo just like weed was :roll:

They will look back at this post 10 years from now and realise what I told them was true.
By then it would be too late to relocate back to Kwiinya :D

As always

Ni hayo tu.

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2023, 07:10:52 PM »

Funny that folks like Nkooks and sema are quick to name drop names Like Zuckerberg and Bezos but do not name drop ANY SINGLE KENYAN  born in Kwiinya who lives in Hamellica that rolls in that league :roll: If Hamellikwa was an equal opportunity, wonderful, booming kaundry, we could at least have heard of one or two SINCE THE 50s airlifts when we Kwiinyans started immigrating to the US en masse ama :lol:?

Offline Fairandbalanced

• Enigma
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2023, 07:22:49 PM »

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2023, 07:30:59 PM »

But who told you having money is a big deal or that it makes you happy even if you have homes from Sydney to Bora-Bora :lol:?
And who told you a US passport is something very valuable :roll:
Some of us have 4 passports, ya Hamellikwa in fact is the LEAST VALUABLE as you get serious probos getting into China and many South Hamellikwan kaundries that hate Hamellikwa with a passion. The Kwiinyan one is in fact more valuable in Africa and much of the commonwealth.

Anyway, as we said KILA NYANI NA STAREHE ZAGE
Let's compare notes in 5 years time, 10 years at most and see who was making sense on this post :D

Gama gawaida

Ni hayo tu

Offline sema

• Enigma
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2023, 07:46:12 PM »
could at least have heard of one or two SINCE THE 50s airlifts when we Kwiinyans started immigrating to the US en masse ama

20 yrs since vegas is just making things up at this point (eg - when he says he has 4 passports) -- are you an aspiring fiction writer?

could at least have heard of one or two SINCE THE 50s airlifts when we Kwiinyans started immigrating to the US en masse ama

The real immigration with kenyans began in the 90's so it's only been about 30 years of kenyans being in the US, but eventually, you will start to see kenyan names on those lists as their kids and grand-kids who'll be american born and no longer first generation immigrants start to go for things.  First generation immigrants have a very different experience but it gets easier for 2nd, 3rd, 4th generation.

Why can't kenyans analyze basic information?