Author Topic: Mutahi Ngunyi's $600,000 dollar a month salary: You have no chance in Kenya  (Read 476 times)

Offline sema

• Enigma
Dennis Itumbi posted a tweet in which he mentioned Ngunyi's salary of 14 million shillings a week.  That is almost $140,000 DOLLARS a week; $560,000 DOLLARS a month.

If you are a young Kenyan and read this, you really, really, really, just have to try and leave the country and immigrate because you have no chance.  Kenyans need to be outraged by this but they are totally silent.

This is the salary given to a pseudo-intellectual (I doubt he even has a Ph.d ) to tweet nonsense.  Ngunyi was previously fired from the Ford Foundation for stealing money after his co-workers outed him.  These Kenyans cannot work or compete anywhere else outside of Kenya and it explains why they cling on to government jobs. 

Kenya is a country where nothing is made or manufactured (cell phones, cars, planes, computers, bicycles, nothing) a country where people make money by doing nothing. How can you (without some sort of government connection) earn a living in such a place?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
He had 20 people at most churning out useless propaganda in YouTube & social media.
So, I guess he paid them something like 3-4K dollars each per month.
Plus, I guess office spaces - and admin cost.
I also guess he did media propaganda and paid out some money for that.
That probably left him 300k usd per month - which is a lot of money in kenya.
Definitely he gave Ufool some budget - of activities - that would cost 14m a month.

Someone like Itumbi had probably team of 100-1000 social media bloggers...
It cost money...who need to be paid weekly something like 10 or 20k...some even 100k.

But definitely Mutahis got lots of it.....enough to buy himself a retirement.

600K usd per month running a consulting company really depends.
Average consultant is paid 50-150 dollars per hour depending on their qualification.
That can mean monthly salary of 8-15k - KRA should ideally take 30% of it
So if Mutahi Ngunyi had some serious consultants - 15 of them would chew 200K usd per month.

I can only imagine him getting a consultancy contract - not employment contract - and ideally KRA should go to him - and ask their 30 percent.

Offline Fairandbalanced

• Enigma

Offline sema

• Enigma

Itumbi claims to have seen the payslips that were left behind at statehouse after Ngunyi left (or from the records left behind?) not sure, but why would itumbi make that figure up? but even $300,000 dollars a month would be around $4 million dollars a year (even in the US, to make that is not easy and NOBODY makes that for just tweeting nonsense. To make that in the US, you'd have to have a real skill and be competitive at something (no one is going to pay you that if you aren't producing something of VALUE)

If Ngunyi was stealing that much, I can't even imagine what Uhuru and guys like Jomo Gecaga were taking.

Without a political connection, forget about Kenya. Making money there is not based on brain power, creativity, innovation, science, nothing. Just corruption.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch

Itumbi claims to have seen the payslips that were left behind at statehouse after Ngunyi left (or from the records left behind?) not sure, but why would itumbi make that figure up? but even $300,000 dollars a month would be around $4 million dollars a year (even in the US, to make that is not easy and NOBODY makes that for just tweeting nonsense. To make that in the US, you'd have to have a real skill and be competitive at something (no one is going to pay you that if you aren't producing something of VALUE)

If Ngunyi was stealing that much, I can't even imagine what Uhuru and guys like Jomo Gecaga were taking.

Without a political connection, forget about Kenya. Making money there is not based on brain power, creativity, innovation, science, nothing. Just corruption.

Because he is a liar.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline patel

• Enigma
To make such a claim I would expect you to table evidence showing what this thief was making...else we stick with Itumbi figure. Man Ngunyi is a certified thief I hope he paid taxes.

Because he is a liar.