Author Topic: One person drug companies  (Read 1618 times)

Offline veritas

• Enigma
One person drug companies
« on: November 10, 2014, 04:49:07 PM »
Interesting...

http://www.wbur.org/2011/05/31/one-man-one-drug

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: One person drug companies
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 05:18:46 PM »
That seems like a future trend.  Once talented people realize that companies just buy their services at a subsidized rate, they will do just that.  It takes a lot of courage though.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 05:41:47 PM »
Yes, absolutely for consultancy though, and not an actual company. It's like someone entrusting you with millions to network stuff together, that doesn't mean you get the millions.

I'm in that dilemma at the moment. Pa's business is swamped with work and can only accept a very small proportion of contracts/tenders. We literally lose hundreds of thousands weekly. As much as it's tempting to sub-contract and do something about the sheer, overwhelming demand. I made a conscious decision to not do that. Pa's unwell at the moment to make business decisions. If you start sub-contracting, you develop a consultancy reputation, and it's not viable long term. For a quick buck up to a few millions yes, but not in building a company and legacy.

Over the years we've run into lots of requests from consultancy firms asking us to do the work like a CBO doing work for an NGO, just because they won the tender for their "business solutions, wankerish, talk, talk, consultancy, prowess" but since they have very little idea on the reality on the ground, costs, they go bankrupt quite easily. It's not a solid source of income.

Offline Mr Mansfield.

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 06:31:34 PM »
Nothing really new..Its simply a CONSORTIUM...Its what has been happening in other capital intensive sectors of the economy like manufacturing or real estate and the purpose is to cut costs.....You have the professionals who have the skills (intellectual capital) to develop the drug but they don't have the financial capital to set up a manufacturing plant,lab,clinic or pay workers so what happens is a business model whereby the professional is able to partner with financier,the research lab,drug manufacturer,trials clinic and they share profits...if the professional is able to partner with all those players,cost is significantly cut and barriers are reduced for start ups,

Without Prejudice.