Author Topic: Epiphany on my office neighbour across the road  (Read 1129 times)

Offline veritas

• Enigma
Epiphany on my office neighbour across the road
« on: November 10, 2014, 04:03:31 PM »
I went to get a coffee today at my beloved local coffee joint (given I'm finally moving permanently into the office/lab I own) and had a look at my office neighbour across the road... they have this logo at the front of their somewhat large building:

All these years I thought they made music headphones. I used to snicker at some of their employees who looked horny at me, or give me a wink of somesort. Some of those guys are actually cute. I honestly all these years thought they made music headphones and wondered why they wore suits. I realised today, having bothered to google, omg big pharma. I looked up the building next to them. Omg another big pharma. I wrote papers mentioning their names and NEVER in my mind did I put the two and two together. The devils were plonked RIGHT in my backyard.

With this newfound knowledge I could use this to my advantage. I'm weary about actually mingling with them at my local coffee joint though, I noticed they have a high turnover, given the lack of familiar faces as years roll.. I need friends though, since I've finished with uni... I'll have to think about this more.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
Re: Epiphany on my office neighbour across the road
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 04:14:28 PM »
Hmmm... would that be regarded as a conflict of interest if I befriend big pharma employees ? I don't see that as any different from friends who work for big pharma. Hmmmm.... I need to think about this.