Author Topic: Top Kenyan scientist unveils ARV drug to be used once a year  (Read 2360 times)

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
Top Kenyan scientist unveils ARV drug to be used once a year
« on: April 28, 2020, 10:48:59 AM »
KenyanPlato, this is how a headline from you would be on the same topic:

Top Maragoli scientist unveils ARV drug to be used once a year

https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2020-04-27-top-kenyan-scientist-unveils-arv-drug-to-be-used-once-a-year/

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Top Kenyan scientist unveils ARV drug to be used once a year
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2020, 11:32:50 AM »
Great. I guess you're also a mara.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2020, 11:57:21 AM »
Great. I guess you're also a mara.
Have always thought of Kadudu as Kisii, she  is certainly mogusii

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2020, 12:53:56 PM »
A Mogusii with the cut like the Kameru. :D :D :D

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2020, 01:45:21 PM »
Threat to big pharma earning billion dollars from ARVs. Will fade away probably after the patent is bought off unless WHO nods it to access PEPFAR funds.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2020, 01:57:26 PM »
A Mogusii with the cut like the Kameru. :D :D :D

You are a good mogusii Kadudu just make sure you get married and settle down don't be a spinster like veritas dont forget one day you will come to Kenya

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2020, 02:03:38 PM »
Maragolis are okay in my books. My uncle is a maragoli. A docile happy go lucky drunkard.  My aunt is the domineering type so she had to get the most docile being she could find.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2020, 02:57:20 PM »
KenyanPlato, this is how a headline from you would be on the same topic:

Top Maragoli scientist unveils ARV drug to be used once a year

https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2020-04-27-top-kenyan-scientist-unveils-arv-drug-to-be-used-once-a-year/

Ideally, it should be a top *human* scientist.  Nationalities being irrelevant to individual abilities.  But humans being humans, we are still cavemen underneath the suits :).
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2020, 03:25:33 PM »
He is a human scientist. I only mentioned KenyanPlato as he once brought in a topic here with the title "Kikuyu engineer ......".
Very pathetic of KenyanPlato and he did not even bother to answer my provocation here.
I bet such a scientist had he remained in Kenya he would still be hanging out near a university and begging some politicians for connections in order to be promoted.

Ideally, it should be a top *human* scientist.  Nationalities being irrelevant to individual abilities.  But humans being humans, we are still cavemen underneath the suits :).

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2020, 03:43:01 PM »
He is a human scientist. I only mentioned KenyanPlato as he once brought in a topic here with the title "Kikuyu engineer ......".
Very pathetic of KenyanPlato and he did not even bother to answer my provocation here.
I bet such a scientist had he remained in Kenya he would still be hanging out near a university and begging some politicians for connections in order to be promoted.

Ideally, it should be a top *human* scientist.  Nationalities being irrelevant to individual abilities.  But humans being humans, we are still cavemen underneath the suits :) .

Looks like he answered it with the happy go lucky Maragoli trope.  That’s just how he sees the world and it can be as pointless as arguing with a racist IMO trying to convince him otherwise.

How this guy would do in Kenya is interesting.  He might end up being some Arthur Obel type, selling concoctions to gullible types or as you say a moonlighting professor.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2020, 02:17:31 PM »
It'll be great if it is effective as envisaged.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2020, 03:54:17 PM »
This would be a game changer drug. AIDS medication is expensive and has a lot of side effects. This will put many Nigerian Racketeering using Pharmacies out of business

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2020, 04:08:48 PM »

Where is this Maragoli from? May be he was born in the settlements. My dear uncle life was ended prematurely by marauding Kalenjin cattle raiders. He was coming from a bar and on his way home he saw Kales raiders driving stolen cattle. he confronted them, they clubbed him on the head and that caused a stroke. He lived 4 more years bed ridden.
When he died my brother went to the funeral and he was surprised at the whole day marathon speeches about Malaamu. The day before the funeral my aunt had to sit on the front of the house with the coffin and locals paid respect.

One thing I have to say is that Maragolis have abundance of chicken. When I attended my cousin's wedding back in 1985 we ate chicken and rice everyday. Every neighbor that visited dropped a rooster. Since my aunt was the local cereals broker she had a lot of visitors.

I am not sure but I think my cousin married a Bukusu. So they had two weddings. One was traditional wedding done a week before the real wedding. We went to webuye for the wedding. It was a colorful traditional ceremony. However, the was a local madman that scared me to death. The idiot had a club with spikes on it and was leading all dancing processions. I avoided that guy at all costs, Anyway the highlight of the trip to Webuye was me seeing a bridge that was in our Geography book. It was just those things that you see on a textbook and then when you see them in real life it is a big deal

The only thing is that my cousins would drink a tree top bottle of Nubian Gin every night. I bet you they smoked too but I never got to see them smoking.

The place was flat with no roads and somehow had areas that appeared to be semi-arid. Water was fetched from a seasonal river and stored in a Pot in the kitchen.

Good childhood memories.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2020, 04:17:51 PM »
Good memories. Baluhya are very good people. They are like Ugandans....very warm and friendly.  I like how Bukusu use to call people Omwami :). kinda like Uganda Ssebo. As for Kalenjin raiders - you don't talk to them. I use to visit my grandmother near border with Gusii. If you dare as much as say Hi to them - they will beat you senseless and go back -

Where is this Maragoli from? May be he was born in the settlements. My dear uncle life was ended prematurely by marauding Kalenjin cattle raiders. He was coming from a bar and on his way home he saw Kales raiders driving stolen cattle. he confronted them, they clubbed him on the head and that caused a stroke. He lived 4 more years bed ridden.
When he died my brother went to the funeral and he was surprised at the whole day marathon speeches about Malaamu. The day before the funeral my aunt had to sit on the front of the house with the coffin and locals paid respect.

One thing I have to say is that Maragolis have abundance of chicken. When I attended my cousin's wedding back in 1985 we ate chicken and rice everyday. Every neighbor that visited dropped a rooster. Since my aunt was the local cereals broker she had a lot of visitors.

I am not sure but I think my cousin married a Bukusu. So they had two weddings. One was traditional wedding done a week before the real wedding. We went to webuye for the wedding. It was a colorful traditional ceremony. However, the was a local madman that scared me to death. The idiot had a club with spikes on it and was leading all dancing processions. I avoided that guy at all costs, Anyway the highlight of the trip to Webuye was me seeing a bridge that was in our Geography book. It was just those things that you see on a textbook and then when you see them in real life it is a big deal

The only thing is that my cousins would drink a tree top bottle of Nubian Gin every night. I bet you they smoked too but I never got to see them smoking.

The place was flat with no roads and somehow had areas that appeared to be semi-arid. Water was fetched from a seasonal river and stored in a Pot in the kitchen.

Good childhood memories.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2020, 04:38:41 PM »
They are good people. The other cultural aspect is how their women can just leave the kids to a man and move on. My cousin pulled this dick move and never contacted anyone back. She been in the states for over 22 years and never made any contact with her family or her daughter. I had a cousin who had "inherited" 3 kids that he husband was stuck  with after the wife fled

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2020, 07:38:52 PM »
They are good people. The other cultural aspect is how their women can just leave the kids to a man and move on. My cousin pulled this dick move and never contacted anyone back. She been in the states for over 22 years and never made any contact with her family or her daughter. I had a cousin who had "inherited" 3 kids that he husband was stuck  with after the wife fled
You are a oldie if you attended a cousin wedding in 1985 :)  baluhya culture is very different from ours, i remember last year we had a funeral for my shosh and one of my inlaw a baluhya was very surprised by the funeral as it was just quiet, she thought we are not giving shosh a proper burial because uko kwao they would be slaughtering bulls and chickens on a daily basis and cooking for whoever just turned up at the home to offer condolences

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2020, 07:47:57 PM »
You are a oldie if you attended a cousin wedding in 1985 :)  baluhya culture is very different from ours, i remember last year we had a funeral for my shosh and one of my inlaw a baluhya was very surprised by the funeral as it was just quiet, she thought we are not giving shosh a proper burial because uko kwao they would be slaughtering bulls and chickens on a daily basis and cooking for whoever just turned up at the home to offer condolences

If my understanding is correct, the notion of a funeral itself was not even a thing to the traditional Meru, and quite a few Kenyan tribes(Kalenjin, Maasai for instance).  It amazes me how little Kenyans, even those married to each other, know about their respective cultures.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2020, 08:34:27 PM »

If my understanding is correct, the notion of a funeral itself was not even a thing to the traditional Meru, and quite a few Kenyan tribes(Kalenjin, Maasai for instance).  It amazes me how little Kenyans, even those married to each other, know about their respective cultures.
Typical funeral program for a Mumeru
0700-0900hrs grave dug
0900-1000hrs body of deceased collected from mortuary
1000-1100hrs viewing of body and introductions
1100-1300hrs eulogies and speeches
1300-1400hrs sermon by priest
1400-1500hrs burying the deceased
1500- you can leave or have food na sodas for the attendants  people disperse after finishing
By 1600hrs no one in deceased compound people go back to their business

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2020, 08:42:46 PM »

Typical funeral program for a Mumeru
0700-0900hrs grave dug
0900-1000hrs body of deceased collected from mortuary
1000-1100hrs viewing of body and introductions
1100-1300hrs eulogies and speeches
1300-1400hrs sermon by priest
1400-1500hrs burying the deceased
1500- you can leave or have food na sodas for the attendants  people disperse after finishing
By 1600hrs no one in deceased compound people go back to their business

That makes sense.  It's just like a British funeral.  The people they got the notion from.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2020, 08:56:36 PM »

That makes sense.  It's just like a British funeral.  The people they got the notion from.
I agree. Further more Merus lack the attachment and emotions that i see other kabilas have, to be honest compared to other kabilas meru dont fear death to them the most important thing is for you to be buried 6 feet under and a prayer be said, have seen funerals just carried out by one man as in burying his dead father alone and people/villagers just viewing from the fence, when my shosh died my dad dint show an inch of emotion, i remember one time my uncle died and we went to the mortuary to dress him and the shoes uncle had could not fit in the coffin properly my dad exclaimed wow am lucky i have a new pair of shoes, so he took the shoes from dead uncle in the mortuary and today he still wears those shoes with a smile, again in meru when one dies their is no hullabaloo the question that will only be asked is who killed or what killed him