Author Topic: Prof Moraa and Turkana boy want Uhuru stopped from receiving BBi  (Read 4432 times)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: Prof Moraa and Turkana boy want Uhuru stopped from receiving BBi
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2019, 02:18:58 PM »
Regional 3tier and hybrid NARA - bad ideas. Pure Exec PM and 40% majimbo - big tick. We will know this as soon as end of Oct or thereabouts. This is what i care about more than Uhuru, Babu or Ruto. I rather Ruto wins as first Exec PM. Than Babu wins as imperial 5th president.

Mt Kenya support - and BBI fate - entirely depends on Uhuru. If he is slated for Exec PM - Gema will fall in line. Keep your fingers crossed.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2019, 03:38:31 PM »
BBI deadline is 24th this month I think - maybe they want to release it in Kenyatta day oops Mashujaa day. We will know what Uhuru really think when this is released. The problem is BBI received all sorts of reports....with only ODM calling for parliamentary system and what you're advocating...how will they reconcile :). Uhuru basically said nothing..so did Jubilee.

So unless Uhuru has become ODM member - I think someone is getting played here.

Regional 3tier and hybrid NARA - bad ideas. Pure Exec PM and 40% majimbo - big tick. We will know this as soon as end of Oct or thereabouts. This is what i care about more than Uhuru, Babu or Ruto. I rather Ruto wins as first Exec PM. Than Babu wins as imperial 5th president.

Mt Kenya support - and BBI fate - entirely depends on Uhuru. If he is slated for Exec PM - Gema will fall in line. Keep your fingers crossed.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2019, 11:38:54 AM »
Oops

Uhuru, Raila Beat Activist in Court
By Sheila Mutua On Wed, 9 Oct, 2019 12:50 | 2 mins read

https://www.k24tv.co.ke/news/attempt-to-stop-uhuru-from-receiving-bbi-report-thwarted-10391/

I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2019, 11:44:24 AM »
Pundit i said you are not nearly dispassionate - with your rusty legalese. The "constitutional violation" was that PORK has no power to consult the opposition. :) none of the "many laws" you claimed BBI violates were raised. I guess there was a concerted effort to keep this bad news of summary dismissal off the headlines. I wonder why  :)

The High Court has declined to stop the submitting of the Building Bridges Initiative report to the President.

Justice Weldon Korir of the Constitutional and Human Rights Division, in his ruling, said the petitioner has not demonstrated the prejudice she will suffer if the report is submitted to the President.

Prof Gesicho, in her motion filed under a certificate of urgency, sought a temporary of injunction restraining the BBI from submitting the report to Mr Kenyatta.

She argued that the BBI team was unconstitutionally established, therefore, it should be barred from presenting the report to the President.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2019, 09:01:21 AM »
It's premature but when BBI will attempt to legalize their nonsense - then they will hit a brick-wall.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2019, 02:17:23 PM »
Kindly enlighten us again why BBI needs to "legalize"? Do we need a BBI Act or something? You been telling us BBI is illegal since April 2018... first test of that nonsense has just been tossed out by a court like bad food.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2019, 04:21:46 PM »
They are can legalize it through parliament or popular amendment to Constitution.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2019, 06:06:48 PM »
That is a katiba process nothing to do with "legalizing" BBI.

Theoretically it is possible to skirt referendum to overhaul the executive. But it's a tough one - cause some Omtata may run to court - and vested factions in parliament. Popular is easier path - MCAs would have to pick more devolution vs party - without the excuse of Aukot scrapped constituencies. Only Kalenjin and some Kikuyu would not be on board with inclusion. Once it pass 24 counties - it down to referendum - whether MPs approve or not due to clause 255(h) on the functions of parliament. I see Ruto going chicken at this point - and doing another Punguza 180 - after losing most counties flat out.