Author Topic: The reality of life in kwiinya wachana na dreams za 100 billion dollars economy  (Read 2342 times)

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
https://www.theelephant.info/reflections/2019/02/08/we-are-doctors-we-dont-die-a-damascus-moment-on-a-kenyan-highway/

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
The primary source of "growth" under Jubilee has been debt & rebasing - nothing for small man. The only growth is in graft sector - it has experienced a boom - exploded at 1000%.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
The primary source of "growth" under Jubilee has been debt & rebasing - nothing for small man. The only growth is in graft sector - it has experienced a boom - exploded at 1000%.

That the realit. You hear laila talking about infrastructure you would think siaya residents would eat it. I had a schoolmate die because the hospital sold the antivenom they got from knh to treat him. A single dose was going for 60k in Black market.

Kenya is hell for the poor

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
One of the conditions for these researchers should be to take care of everybody that uses the facility.  Including those not participating in the research.

Ultimately the local community(not the national government) should be empowered to set their development priorities.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
Biwot exhibits the hustler spirit.
However, unbeknownst to us, there had been another development with our belongings at the accident scene. While were worrying about Christina and my swollen head, our friend Eric had made his way back to the car to salvage our belongings. https://www.theelephant.info/reflections/2019/02/08/we-are-doctors-we-dont-die-a-damascus-moment-on-a-kenyan-highway/
The Elephant - Speaking truth to power.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Most Kenyans are like biwott. Very rotten mathafakas. Kenyans will Rob you Rob even on your death bed. My elderly parents had to fled these hounds in the village after they kept on robbing them every now and then. The last day in Kenya for me will be the day I burry my parents ..after that I will never step in that hell hole ever again

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
The hustler believes it's a Great Benevolence - a miracle - he has bestowed by laying steel for an arm and a leg. So he skims "10%" as self reward. He does not steal because he earned the money. :D

However, unbeknownst to us, there had been another development with our belongings at the accident scene. While were worrying about Christina and my swollen head, our friend Eric had made his way back to the car to salvage our belongings. https://www.theelephant.info/reflections/2019/02/08/we-are-doctors-we-dont-die-a-damascus-moment-on-a-kenyan-highway/
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
Poverty is bad but when you lose morals, then the whole community of people are like tortoise shells without a tortoise inside. No soul. Brought to you by corruption.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
That just manifestation of widespread poverty...you'll get shot and robbed in poor neighborhood in the USA like you'd in Kiambu.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
That just manifestation of widespread poverty...you'll get shot and robbed in poor neighborhood in the USA like you'd in Kiambu.
What is poverty rate in Kenya? 75%

• Enigma
The hustler believes it's a Great Benevolence - a miracle - he has bestowed by laying steel for an arm and a leg. So he skims "10%" as self reward. He does not steal because he earned the money. :D

He certainly believes he is providing a service.  They have an enterprising mind.  But a twisted sense of what legitimate opportunity is.  I noticed a temporary minor economy sprung up out nothing from that accident.  In the US, it would be the tow-truck company, the ambulance service, Alcoholic Anonymous if alcohol is involved, court fees etc.  In Kenya it's Biwot and your phones, the policeman and kitu kidogo etc.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop

He certainly believes he is providing a service.  They have an enterprising mind.  But a twisted sense of what legitimate opportunity is.  I noticed a temporary minor economy sprung up out nothing from that accident.  In the US, it would be the tow-truck company, the ambulance service, Alcoholic Anonymous if alcohol is involved, court fees etc.  In Kenya it's Biwot and your phones, the policeman and kitu kidogo etc.

Yup. it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with poverty but the culture of corruption and moral decay. Everyone for his selfish self man-eat-man society. It all brings us back to the heart of the matter - the dark bottomless abyss of Lady Graft and her gruesome effects on society. It's practical suicide to elect a brazen Dr Moneybag as CEO - we might as well elect the Al Shaabab or the Akashas. Once you entrench the already insidious graft you seal your fate for the foreseeable future.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
If you still struggle to recognize the true colors of Lady Graft - the dangers of domesticating the Beast - simply see decent  people here argue that it's Ok for "hardworking" leaders to skim the cream. As reward for performing imaginary miracles and mortgaging the country. Basically it's been normalized as part of the culture. Just tithe the 10% - generosity - to the Church on Sunday. Don't even need to confess - the God of Sleaze accepts hard cold mbeca. :)

• Enigma

Yup. it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with poverty but the culture of corruption and moral decay. Everyone for his selfish self man-eat-man society. It all brings us back to the heart of the matter - the dark bottomless abyss of Lady Graft and her gruesome effects on society. It's practical suicide to elect a brazen Dr Moneybag as CEO - we might as well elect the Al Shaabab or the Akashas. Once you entrench the already insidious graft you seal your fate for the foreseeable future.

It's not caused by poverty at all.  I generally think poverty is a neutral variable.

I am also loath to call out Biwot on values that exist in a universe he has no clue about.  When Biwot wakes up, the environs of Molo is his universe.  He is just doing what an average Moloan would do in his shoes.  A jury of his peers will find him blameless.

The people I could call out are the higher ups.  The elite looters, who obviously know better.  The ones who have created this universe.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
It's not caused by poverty at all.  I generally think poverty is a neutral variable.

I am also loath to call out Biwot on values that exist in a universe he has no clue about.  When Biwot wakes up, the environs of Molo is his universe.  He is just doing what an average Moloan would do in his shoes.  A jury of his peers will find him blameless.

The people I could call out are the higher ups.  The elite looters, who obviously know better.  The ones who have created this universe.

This is the center of gravity here at the nipate blogosphere - and elsewhere - towards 2022. Mada ya msingi. No amount of hardwork or efficiency real or imagined can make up for the evil role-modeling of William Ruto and his ilk. We hear Raila got 2B handcheck - we do not see his person or cronies carting crisp banknotes about in churches and goat auctions. What Ruto's behavior does to the youth is worse than any incompetence, poor governance, PEV or even terrorism. You can see this massive glaring TUMOR - in our national head - in the present crop of Judases in Parliament, greedy cops, MCAs, bordermen and Biwots. Kenya will pay dearly for generations to come.

Why do you think, bitmask, some don't see this crystal clear projection? - worse than sitting ducks - the monkey and the grenade - is it blinkers?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Ruto is the new Boogeyman for all the intellectually lazy bozoos.Ruto the Bible thumping Christian evangelist who doesn't touch alcohol or cigarettes.Just like moi.Societal problems are deeper than transient and contemporary politician.In 90s Biwott Nick was apparently the evil personified.You cannot expect a society like ours to be anything but what it is..your own kin will con if not kill you for money.Its all down poverty.Lack of opportunities to lead a decent life.Even a thief want his kids to be decent...if it was possible.That is why I am not all Gaga about gov or public sector corruption.....what do you expect if someone see an opportunity as once in lifetime...only a few with extreme integrity and fidelity can stay the course in a county like kenya

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Pundit you got that - Ruto is the new Evil incanrnate & Enemy of the State. 80yo Babu is a real schemer. Welcome to the trojan. :)

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
Ruto is the new Boogeyman for all the intellectually lazy bozoos.Ruto the Bible thumping Christian evangelist who doesn't touch alcohol or cigarettes.Just like moi.

Pundit, you can't have your cake and eat it. Per your own testimony, this "Bible-thumper" is a 200 billion shilling thief and what's more has no qualms about robbing a small guy (and alleged "friend" or "mtu wa nyumbani") an entire 300 million of his 500 million loan that he then has to pay back and goes bankrupt doing it. That's how I know he's no Kagame. He is a nyang'au, Bible or no Bible. If Mama Ngina sings at Mass all day or thumps her Bible usiku, she's still a nyang'au, just like your Ruto.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
I am sure he rationalize it. I have heard many stories of Ruto slicing folks. He is a smart man. Obviously my man wouldn't have go the KCB bank loan if Ruto had not called the MD - and asked if the money he kept in bank fault were his or gov money. So he took his cut. And he also assisted the guy to get fertlizer transport contracts....so if he was smart he would have made it.

This is Ruto modus operandi - that he probably learnt from Mois, Kuleis, Biwotts and etc - who always took their cut -  you'd be a fool to work for gov that can stab you for free - and die poor. Ruto never works for free - if he take his cut or ask shares  - the only time he works for "free" is when he donates - or well buy political support.

Obviously Kagame is also evil - he steal Congo minerals and reward himself and close allies. He also has ensured his tutsi immigrants ran the gov. But he gets the job done.Ruto also gets the job done. I am not worried about stuff I cannot proof - like congo minerals or Ruto many heists -  but on the JOB HE DOES.

In short I am pro-Ruto because he is effective - he knows how to run gov - which is a lethargic organization with so many dead woods - it impossible to get anything done.

Pundit, you can't have your cake and eat it. Per your own testimony, this "Bible-thumper" is a 200 billion shilling thief and what's more has no qualms about robbing a small guy (and alleged "friend" or "mtu wa nyumbani") an entire 300 million of his 500 million loan that he then has to pay back and goes bankrupt doing it. That's how I know he's no Kagame. He is a nyang'au, Bible or no Bible. If Mama Ngina sings at Mass all day or thumps her Bible usiku, she's still a nyang'au, just like your Ruto.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
Obviously my man wouldn't have go the KCB bank loan if Ruto had not called the MD - and asked if the money he kept in bank fault were his or gov money. So he took his cut. And he also assisted the guy to get fertlizer transport contracts....so if he was smart he would have made it.

Ruto never works for free - if he take his cut or ask shares  - the only time he works for "free" is when he donates - or well buy political support.

But 300 million out of 500 is a bit more than taking a cut, wouldn't you say? Is that something you, Pundit, could do if you were a billionaire politician helping someone much smaller than you get a loan? 50 mill or even 80-100 maybe. 300 is heartlessness. It's even worse when you remember it's a loan and not loot. It's like Mama Ngina taking away a meagre 3 acres from Kenyatta's own brother.