Author Topic: Another Silly Gamble by Babu  (Read 1558 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Another Silly Gamble by Babu
« on: October 18, 2017, 06:31:50 PM »
(2) If two or more candidates for President are nominated, an election shall be held in each constituency.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Re: Another Silly Gamble by Babu
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 10:29:36 AM »
A subtle difference between the first and this gamble.
NASWA were totally convinced that withdrawal would stop the elections. They refused to campaign precisely for this reason.

Not so with disruption. Yes it's clear there will be disruption in at least one constituency but they are not relenting and are increasingly angry. Desperation gallore
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 10:50:07 AM »
Only a compromised SCORK will allow this shenagians to continue. The first gamble back-fired after high court rulling. The next gamble is where they stop election from happening and then ran back to say voters were denied the chance to vote.

If we were to allow such a situation - then no election will ever happen - because all it will take is for one person to disrupt elections in one constitutuency - and make the whole election a big joke.

A subtle difference between the first and this gamble.
NASWA were totally convinced that withdrawal would stop the elections. They refused to campaign precisely for this reason.

Not so with disruption. Yes it's clear there will be disruption in at least one constituency but they are not relenting and are increasingly angry. Desperation gallore

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 10:52:42 AM »
Boycotting is the proper thing to do.

Disruption - the violent kind - has legal landmines especially bans from public office.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 11:00:12 AM »
And IEBC need to start summoning anybody threatening or disruptiing elections. The police should also arrest and charge them with election offences.That mean most of them will be kicked out of office.

Disruption - the violent kind - has legal landmines especially bans from public office.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 11:38:01 AM »
Yes indeed. Sabotaging elections is a crime. Even MPs and governors can lose office if convicted. GoK needs to get tougher on this hooliganism. This my-way-or-the-highway democracy just tells me the 'reforms' being sought are BS.

"Give us nusu mkate or else"

It comes down to leverage like you said earlier.

And IEBC need to start summoning anybody threatening or disruptiing elections. The police should also arrest and charge them with election offences.That mean most of them will be kicked out of office.

I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2017, 11:56:46 AM »
What I want to happen - Raila to retire and hand over to Joho.

What I see happening -
-High turnout in RVGema. Low turnout in swing. Supression in NASA base
-A few dead disrupters in usual hotspots. Many arrests
-Petition is thrown out
-UhuRuto swearing

PEV is roundly condemned by diplomats. Jubilee of course is now ready to discuss IEBC reforms. Nusu mkate is toast so there are no takers. Secession talk picks up.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2017, 12:19:50 PM »
I think this will happen one
1) Uhuru need to ascent to the new law - to avoid Chebukati resigning late in the game.
2) IEBC 4 need to conduct elections on 26th
3) Police need to ensure those who want to vote can vote - those who want to disrupt are met with full force of law.
4) Jubilee supporters need to turn up in large numbers and give a huge mandate.
5) Uhuru need to focus on the Wakora 4 to make sure they don't annul his victory. Whatever means and methods he uses - it would be for national interest. This country cannot afford another circus of election being cancelled.

In the meantime police should be ready to arrest govenors including Raila if they disrupt election. The time for games is over. Raila should be locked up if need be- to domonstrate nobody is above the law

After Uhuru has been sworn in as PORK - everything goes back to normal

What I want to happen - Raila to retire and hand over to Joho.

What I see happening -
-High turnout in RVGema. Low turnout in swing. Supression in NASA base
-A few dead disrupters in usual hotspots. Many arrests
-Petition is thrown out
-UhuRuto swearing

PEV is roundly condemned by diplomats. Jubilee of course is now ready to discuss IEBC reforms. Nusu mkate is toast so there are no takers. Secession talk picks up.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2017, 01:03:24 PM »
This will take a while. I expect PEV to continue for a while and fizzle into a Luo affair. The Kamba and Bukusu don't seem keen on suicide.

These voodoo "reforms" have hit marginal utility and should not be entertained. NASA can continue secession talk - and see support outside Nyanza plummet.

After Uhuru has been sworn in as PORK - everything goes back to normal

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2017, 04:36:32 PM »
Unless supreme court give them another hail-mary-pass then this will fizzle out immediately. Luos are tired.
This will take a while. I expect PEV to continue for a while and fizzle into a Luo affair. The Kamba and Bukusu don't seem keen on suicide.

These voodoo "reforms" have hit marginal utility and should not be entertained. NASA can continue secession talk - and see support outside Nyanza plummet.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2017, 04:52:33 PM »
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma

Offline bryan275

• Enigma